Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
sup shit customer lady

BRING A BAG. you buy a dt everyday and everyday you ask for a bag.
learn2envirobag or learn2recycleplasticbahgs you douche. we're in an environmental crisis because of people like you.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, i know, it's called the Supermarket Scanning Code of Practice - it isnt a law.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
PICTURE THIS:

It's 6:30pm, doors are shut, me and my manager are packing up and sorting out shit, doing the usual 'closing shop' stuff. Now unfortunately the whole shop front is all glass and so with the lights still on inside the shop, people can see that we are still in there

so this fucking idiot walks up to the SHUT FRONT DOORS WITH THE SIGN SAYING 'CLOSED SO FUCK OFF' (I wish lol) AND FUCKING TRIES TO BREAK DOWN THE DOOR.

kregjahaiyetgrpuy5t fuck off and die.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah people used to do that at Boost when I worked there.

Dude, the doors are closed and locked. Do you think, if we were open, that we might make it easy for customers to get into the store?

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah people used to do that at Boost when I worked there.

Dude, the doors are closed and locked. Do you think, if we were open, that we might make it easy for customers to get into the store?
Exactly!
I don't understand why people don't understand that if the doors are closed, and the sign says CLOSED and they try and get into the shop :confused:

HSC
Rules for Customers which go through checkouts (mainly mine lol):
*Note; rant.

1. Unpack your OWN basket. YOU filled it so YOU unpack it. When I greet you, don't just stand there expecting me to do it for you. I am only going to go slower you retard.
2. I DON'T make the prices. Do not complain to me when something scans wrong.
3. The specials don't come up until all of the products are scanned, eg 5 tins for $6. DO NOT say "oh, thats on special" or "its 5 for 6!".. it will come up AFTER YOU IDIOT.
4. When I scan things wrong, and then take it off and redo it again, don't ask me why I've done it twice when there is a -$ underneath it. LEARN TO READ.
5. When there is no pre-swipe, don't keep trying to tell me 'its not working'. Once again, learn to read.
6. Put ALL your green bags at the front of your shopping. Don't put them randomly through the shopping.
7. Please don't stack all your shit on top of each other where i can't see anything/get anything to pack your bags properly. Also, when your things fall off the register due to your lack of brains because of the above reason, do not look at me like I am an idiot for it falling off; NOT my fault.
8. Don't get pissy coz we don't give out bags for under 3 items. You have hands; use them!
9. Sure they are the same price, but we have to do them separately. Don't tell me "oh they're the same price though!". I WORK THERE. I know what to do!
10. I know how to pack your bags so detergents and things don't go with other things. Argh.
11. Light on. Check. 'Checkout closed' sign not on belt. Check. Trolley Gone. Check. YES I'M OPEN!
12. If something doesn't scan properly AFTER the transaction has gone through, I can't correct it; I'm not a supervisor.
13. Don't get annoyed if someone doesn't come quickly. Sorry to disappoint you but I cannot do magic and I can't make them appear in a fraction of a second.
14. When the doors are closed/closing, yes we are almost shut. When my supervisor says "we are now closed", don't come in.
15. You are not as funny as you think you are lol.

Hmmm thats all I can think of.

Story from today;
Me: Any cash out?
Customer: Yes, $200.
Me: Sorry I only have a $50 note in my till.
Customer: But I want $200.
Me: I only have a $50 note because I just started.
Customer: I want $200.
Me: I don't have that much in my till.
Customer: How much do you have then?
Me (thinking omg!): $50.
Customer: Well I don't want that. Who wants $50 anyway?? I won't have any cash out then.
Me (thinking, ummm lots of people just get out $50 duhh): *does eftpos*

Customers are silly.

(sorry for long post :p)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
^ QFT. Dont even bother asking them for cash out. Should be their responsibility to tell you first anyway.

HSC
a couple of weeks ago this customer tried to bullshit me. she said she'd seen this book in the newspaper, available specifically from our franchise (newspapers don't specify stores). she told me the name of the book, and i'd searched it a couple of days before, it was from a publisher we can't even order from. i was like, 'oh, are you sure it said this particular store', she knew she'd been caught out. she must have thought i wouldn't try to find it if she didn't lie? probably thought 'assistant is young .: lazy and will need kick up arse to actually do anything'.

i was waiting in line at the 7/11 today and this druggo-looking guy was arguing about the price of donuts. here's what happened:

cashier: that's 2.60
druggo: it was 1.60 the other day
cashier: no it's 2.60
cashier: ok let me check. okay 1.60
druggo: i only have 1.50. will you do it for 1.50
cashier: no, it's 1.60
druggo: ok i'll come back

at work the other day:

me: *scans sticker on computer used for sale stock* those 3 come to 21 dollars.
cust: oh, i worked that out in my head
me: *thinks* um, so did i - i didn't scan things because i'm incapable of simple addition, i scanned it because i have to put it through the computer, stupid.

there are lots of nice, apologetic customers though. the other day this woman asked me to recommend books for a daughter's schoolfriend, she ended up buying three (lots of people wouldn't even do that for their own child) and told my manager i was very helpful. another woman said a very loud 'thank you for your help' as she left. it was right in front of both managers, which was awesome. thank goodness for the really nice customers who make up for the bad ones.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
a couple of weeks ago this customer tried to bullshit me. she said she'd seen this book in the newspaper, available specifically from our franchise (newspapers don't specify stores). she told me the name of the book, and i'd searched it a couple of days before, it was from a publisher we can't even order from. i was like, 'oh, are you sure it said this particular store', she knew she'd been caught out. she must have thought i wouldn't try to find it if she didn't lie? probably thought 'assistant is young .: lazy and will need kick up arse to actually do anything'.

i was waiting in line at the 7/11 today and this druggo-looking guy was arguing about the price of donuts. here's what happened:

at work the other day:

me: *scans sticker on computer used for sale stock* those 3 come to 21 dollars.
cust: oh, i worked that out in my head
me: *thinks* um, so did i - i didn't scan things because i'm incapable of simple addition, i scanned it because i have to put it through the computer, stupid.

there are lots of nice, apologetic customers though. the other day this woman asked me to recommend books for a daughter's schoolfriend, she ended up buying three (lots of people wouldn't even do that for their own child) and told my manager i was very helpful. another woman said a very loud 'thank you for your help' as she left. it was right in front of both managers, which was awesome. thank goodness for the really nice customers who make up for the bad ones.
EPIC LOLS at the Druggo.

zeromq

HSC
N/A
Rules for Customers which go through checkouts (mainly mine lol):
*Note; rant.

1. Unpack your OWN basket. YOU filled it so YOU unpack it. When I greet you, don't just stand there expecting me to do it for you. I am only going to go slower you retard.
2. I DON'T make the prices. Do not complain to me when something scans wrong.
3. The specials don't come up until all of the products are scanned, eg 5 tins for $6. DO NOT say "oh, thats on special" or "its 5 for 6!".. it will come up AFTER YOU IDIOT.
4. When I scan things wrong, and then take it off and redo it again, don't ask me why I've done it twice when there is a -$ underneath it. LEARN TO READ.
5. When there is no pre-swipe, don't keep trying to tell me 'its not working'. Once again, learn to read.
6. Put ALL your green bags at the front of your shopping. Don't put them randomly through the shopping.
7. Please don't stack all your shit on top of each other where i can't see anything/get anything to pack your bags properly. Also, when your things fall off the register due to your lack of brains because of the above reason, do not look at me like I am an idiot for it falling off; NOT my fault.
8. Don't get pissy coz we don't give out bags for under 3 items. You have hands; use them!
9. Sure they are the same price, but we have to do them separately. Don't tell me "oh they're the same price though!". I WORK THERE. I know what to do!
10. I know how to pack your bags so detergents and things don't go with other things. Argh.
11. Light on. Check. 'Checkout closed' sign not on belt. Check. Trolley Gone. Check. YES I'M OPEN!
12. If something doesn't scan properly AFTER the transaction has gone through, I can't correct it; I'm not a supervisor.
13. Don't get annoyed if someone doesn't come quickly. Sorry to disappoint you but I cannot do magic and I can't make them appear in a fraction of a second.
14. When the doors are closed/closing, yes we are almost shut. When my supervisor says "we are now closed", don't come in.
15. You are not as funny as you think you are lol.

Hmmm thats all I can think of.

Story from today;
Me: Any cash out?
Customer: Yes, $200.
Me: Sorry I only have a $50 note in my till.
Customer: But I want $200.
Me: I only have a $50 note because I just started.
Customer: I want $200.
Me: I don't have that much in my till.
Customer: How much do you have then?
Me (thinking omg!): $50.
Customer: Well I don't want that. Who wants $50 anyway?? I won't have any cash out then.
Me (thinking, ummm lots of people just get out $50 duhh): *does eftpos*

Customers are silly.

(sorry for long post :p)
I agree with all the things you said here esp numbers well all of it lol

It's even more funny when they try to use the "law" excuses to try and get free stuff or threaten to call head office (honestly they don't give a shit )

I don't bother asking if they want cash out since my till is usually empty, and if I ask then they usually just take all my money in the till and I have to get some more which is annoying. It's funny how how customers get pissed because you don't have that much money in the till, it's not like the till is filled with thousands of dollars just for the sake of the customers

We don't have signs of closure of registers, instead we have lights, and obviously if it's off then we are closed and vice versa I have to tell them I'm, closed then they say "well you should have sign saying that" well no shit if I had one then i would put it up to keep you fukers away but we only have lights so tough luck

There are some customers who hand you the money or their credit card (or those stupid flybuys, frequent buyers cards) BEFORE they have even put any items on the table. I mean why the fuk would I want them first. They are so eager to get those flybuy things scanned first, you serioulsy have to buy like 40$ worht of stuff to get a point and NO im not going to ask if you have one of those unless you ask me if you can use it here or if you are nice person.

Also people who keep swiping when it doesnt say to swipe WHY THE FUK would you swipe it constantly, honestly I hope it breaks the machine next time and stuffs up the register lol
This is when I haven't even finished scanning anything yet or told them to the total

I swear people should work in retail at least once in their life to understand what we are going through

When I have to call someone to check the price of something don't get pissed it's due to your lack of not looking at the price of anything or even checking if there is a barcode on the item that I have to do this. And no they do not have to drop everything they are doing and just come and check the price they are humans (who or courteous and come to help you fuckers) and can't just teleport here and it also takes time to find the item and price. It's even better when they are lazy and just say that the scanned price is the price lol

Last edited:
HSC
I have to say that the Bakers Delight crowd seems nicer than the supermarket crowd.

I've only had three terrible customers over the past four months, interspersed with a few more rude ones. But the vast majority are reasonably polite.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I have to say that the Bakers Delight crowd seems nicer than the supermarket crowd.

I've only had three terrible customers over the past four months, interspersed with a few more rude ones. But the vast majority are reasonably polite.
Maybe we should swap one day
Try dealing with 100000 asians at once who can't speak English and expect you to read their mind for what they want. :mad1:

HSC
I agree with all the things you said here esp numbers well all of it lol

It's even more funny when they try to use the "law" excuses to try and get free stuff or threaten to call head office (honestly they don't give a shit )

I don't bother asking if they want cash out since my till is usually empty, and if I ask then they usually just take all my money in the till and I have to get some more which is annoying. It's funny how how customers get pissed because you don't have that much money in the till, it's not like the till is filled with thousands of dollars just for the sake of the customers

We don't have signs of closure of registers, instead we have lights, and obviously if it's off then we are closed and vice versa I have to tell them I'm, closed then they say "well you should have sign saying that" well no shit if I had one then i would put it up to keep you fukers away but we only have lights so tough luck

There are some customers who hand you the money or their credit card (or those stupid flybuys, frequent buyers cards) BEFORE they have even put any items on the table. I mean why the fuk would I want them first. They are so eager to get those flybuy things scanned first, you serioulsy have to buy like 40$ worht of stuff to get a point and NO im not going to ask if you have one of those unless you ask me if you can use it here or if you are nice person.

Also people who keep swiping when it doesnt say to swipe WHY THE FUK would you swipe it constantly, honestly I hope it breaks the machine next time and stuffs up the register lol
This is when I haven't even finished scanning anything yet or told them to the total

I swear people should work in retail at least once in their life to understand what we are going through

When I have to call someone to check the price of something don't get pissed it's due to your lack of not looking at the price of anything or even checking if there is a barcode on the item that I have to do this. And no they do not have to drop everything they are doing and just come and check the price they are humans (who or courteous and come to help you fuckers) and can't just teleport here and it also takes time to find the item and price. It's even better when they are lazy and just say that the scanned price is the price lol
+1 & lol at the last bit.

If I have a slack customer that won't even be polite enough to say hello or something and they have some discounted item or fruit (like apples) which im not sure which one it is i just scan the original barcode or put in the more expensive one aha.

Oh and i have another one :p;
- We DO NOT take your STUPID FlyBuys card. We are NOT Coles, so don't try convince me we have it when we obviously don't.

allira92

HSC
here is another.

You are not the only customer in the store and dispite what it may look like to you, i am generally the only person at the hour the whingers come out so deal with the fact that i cant drop everything and serve you, or ask why your drinks havent arrived because u ordered them a whole minute ago and when i apologise do not respond with " i know your busy" no you dont, if you knew i was busy u wouldnt hav asked in the first place.

although the sign says we accept compeditors coupons* or that pizza's are 6.95 between 11 and 4 *, the * generally means there are some form of conditions so dont come to me at 5pm asking for cheap pizzas, or with a 5.95 dominos coupon demanding u get it at that price cause i dont have to give it to u for 695 cause technically the coupon is not valid. and when i explain this to you, sure ask to see the manager but when she says exactly what i do, dont then storm out saying your going elsewhere, personally we couldnt care less.

CieL

HSC

I would LOL if the druggo said: "What so it's $1.60? You charge me wrong price - free item pls"

HSC
^ QFT. Dont even bother asking them for cash out. Should be their responsibility to tell you first anyway.
But it needs to be put on before the eftpos starts - if we wait for the customer to ask for cash out then we would often be cancelling their eftpos completely.

Also, the company is reimbursed money when a customer receives cashout at the register.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Don't come into my shop shirtless, steal a shirt and walk outside the shopping centre to put it on. Worst shoplifter ever, no wonder you got caught.

HSC
If there is one particular scone that you want, from a rack of about 60, don't get angry at me when I have no idea which one you are referring to, when the best description you can come up with is "that one...no...that one!"

(on behalf of someone else)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)