• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rules for UNSW students (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Another rule;

If you smoke, don't go smoking on the steps from Quad to CLB and then go blowing the smoke into everybody's faces. I don't care if you ruin your health, but don't ruin my lungs.

Again, I Reiterate; stay on the left side of the stairs. I hate going up the stairways, and then being blocked off because a bunch of people are walking down on the wrong side. This isn't america. You don't drive on the right hand side of teh road.

Another one, Don't give me a cold look if I accidentally bump into you and say sorry. It's not like I meant to do it.

And lastly for the good looking ladies, you should give me your number ;)
bahahahah

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
i was walking up the main steps between the library and the quad today behind slow faggots and all i could think of was a post in this thread about how slow people walk in groups up/down the stairs really slowly and how one of you said that you want to kick them down the stairs. !
dont stop and have a group conversation in the middle of the steps between clb and quad. more annoying than slow walkers IMO
Another rule;

If you smoke, don't go smoking on the steps from Quad to CLB and then go blowing the smoke into everybody's faces. I don't care if you ruin your health, but don't ruin my lungs.

Again, I Reiterate; stay on the left side of the stairs. I hate going up the stairways, and then being blocked off because a bunch of people are walking down on the wrong side. This isn't america. You don't drive on the right hand side of teh road.

Another one, Don't give me a cold look if I accidentally bump into you and say sorry. It's not like I meant to do it.
solution to all these stairs problems (plus also the 'my-thighs-are-hurting-like-hell-but-i'm-only-halfway-up-these-bloody-stairs' problem):

use teh ramp.

i assume everyone's talking about the basser stairs, or the never-ending staircase as i call it? i always just walk up or down the ramp that runs alongside. faster, less painful and more efficient!

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
i'm particularly lazy. i use the lift next to the stairs to get up half the stairs

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
hah, i do that too, then i go up ramp/stairs, up to the quad area, and then i get the lift which is sorta around back, which takes me up next to bluestone cafe, ahahah.

love lifts. i always get em if i can.

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
lifts just make me think of all the scenes in movies, books etc where something really bad happens in a lift. such as in 'speed' (i think?), where it ends up plumetting to the ground. and also matthew reilly's 'contest' with the karanadon...

you know that whenever a character goes into a lift (or a public bathroom for that matter), that Something Bad is going to happen soon.​

Uncle

Banned
HSC
The rules in all lecture theatres I remember are:

- Turn off mobile phones

i dont mind as long as its a funny ringtone like teletubbies or captain planet, otherwise you are a cunt and your phone should be destroyed or used in a high voltage or electromagnetics experiment.
rumor has it one of the med lecturers can hear vibrations of phones even on silent.

- Don't eat and drink in lectures

dont mind eat or drink as long as it doesnt stink like curry or some shitty rotten homemade stale soup or pasta. lecturers and students drink coffee and it doesnt have a bad smell at all when fresh.

lifts just make me think of all the scenes in movies, books etc where something really bad happens in a lift. such as in 'speed' (i think?), where it ends up plumetting to the ground. and also matthew reilly's 'contest' with the karanadon...

you know that whenever a character goes into a lift (or a public bathroom for that matter), that Something Bad is going to happen soon.​
Claustrophobia?
Gunmen opening fire as soon as the lift doors open?

Anyway fuck lifts they take too long to arrive, I'll take the stairs in the future always, at least it isn't UTS.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
- Don't eat and drink in lectures

dont mind eat or drink as long as it doesnt stink like curry or some shitty rotten homemade stale soup or pasta. lecturers and students drink coffee and it doesnt have a bad smell at all when fresh.

Claustrophobia?
Gunmen opening fire as soon as the lift doors open?

Anyway fuck lifts they take too long to arrive, I'll take the stairs in the future always, at least it isn't UTS.
stinky fish smell in marketing today.

and normally aliens/zombies hide in toilets/lifts.

HSC
nah im quite sure lifts are good savepoints/checkpoints/loading screens

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
clearly u havnt played AVP2 or Deadspace.

Lifts and toilets are places u think are safe, so u tend to relax, but then something pops up.

Take dead space for example, beginning of game, when necromonsters first come, u got no weapons, u run to lift while being chased by a necrozombie, lift closes, phew!
ZOMGWRONG doors are wrenched open, monster growls at u, but dont worry, lift doors are strong, they slam shut, leaving you with the upper body of an alien to examine while the lift goes down...

HSC

Lifts and toilets are places u think are safe, so u tend to relax, but then something pops up.

Take dead space for example, beginning of game, when necromonsters first come, u got no weapons, u run to lift while being chased by a necrozombie, lift closes, phew!
ZOMGWRONG doors are wrenched open, monster growls at u, but dont worry, lift doors are strong, they slam shut, leaving you with the upper body of an alien to examine while the lift goes down...
yes that was fucking scary, not funny

HSC

loltouché

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
bahahaha do you seriously have that fear? (or are you suggesting you're the epitome of the human race?)
LOL, no :p No to both. i'm not actually scared of lifts, but i do often start thinking of all the 'bad lift scenes' i've seen/read before when i'm in one. (just remembered there was one in an episode of 'fringe' too! see? bad things always happen in lifts and bathrooms! it's like a sign.)

besides, the karanadon got blown up anyway, so there's no way it could terrorise anyone else in a lift these days.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
stinky fish smell in marketing today.

and normally aliens/zombies hide in toilets/lifts.
ah i think no smoking is another rule in lecture theatres or is it my intuition?

would lol if ppl smoked in lecture theatres.

nah im quite sure lifts are good savepoints/checkpoints/loading screens
+rep for your consistently smart ass posts

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
LOL, no :p No to both. i'm not actually scared of lifts, but i do often start thinking of all the 'bad lift scenes' i've seen/read before when i'm in one. (just remembered there was one in an episode of 'fringe' too! see? bad things always happen in lifts and bathrooms! it's like a sign.)

besides, the karanadon got blown up anyway, so there's no way it could terrorise anyone else in a lift these days.
that's what they want you to think, then one day BAM, you're in another galaxy fighting aliens

oth16

HSC
rule: do not use the overhead railing on the bus if you stink. if you smell that bad u deserve to fall flat on your face. you're ruining my morning bus ride :)
you know, that happened to me AFTER reading that :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)