Saddam sentenced to death (1 Viewer)

rumour

HSC
I don't think he should be hanged. I don't think he had a fair trial at all!

There are other dictators in the world, so why did the US only go after Hussein?

I wonder if his dead body will be shown on the news, like the bodies of his sons were.......

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I dont support the death penalty in any circumstances, and i suspect killing him will do more harm than good (insurgency much?)

Plus all the people who are saying he should be tortured etc, ur just bringing urself down to his level, u cant punish somebody by doing the thing they did to other people to them, it's stupid.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It'll cause a Sunni uprising. That said it can't hurt the Republicans' senate chances.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah its not like killing him would bring back the dead
i agree he deserves justice but whats the use of killing him?

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
The ultimate penalty would be letting him live for whatever time he had left so it could really punish him.

Not taking the easy way out.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Poor guy. All he wanted was to be a Stalin-esque dictator... is that too much to ask for these days? :(

Aryanbeauty

HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
yeah its not like killing him would bring back the dead
i agree he deserves justice but whats the use of killing him?
What do you call justice?

Use of killing him? His body; after execution will be buried and it will decompose and it will turn into a bio-fertiliser/manure which will help grow iraqi fruits and vegetables which will be used to feed poor iraqis. Thats the best use of him.

rumour

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Use of killing him? His body; after execution will be buried and it will decompose and it will turn into a bio-fertiliser/manure which will help grow iraqi fruits and vegetables which will be used to feed poor iraqis. Thats the best use of him.
I doubt his decomposing body could feed all the poor iraqis :rolleyes:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
What do you call justice?

im sure there are other ways to punish him instead of execution by hanging, but i guess if he was to be locked up in a solitary cell, hell probably die by assassination. i really doubt he regrets what he has done though, so locking him up making sorry for himself isnt going to work. There will always be pros and cons in these types of situations, you'd just gotta know which has more.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
berra said:
woah! sum1 actually admit that PRESIDENT BUSH is actually the 1 giving the orders! im impressed, but shokd at the same time, because u seem overjoyed by the conclusion... y is it dat death/execution is only viewed as 'positive' or good when its being imposed upon Muslims? (yet i doubt saddam is even a muslim)
How do you know Bush is giving orders? Do you have any evidence? And stop turning every thread into muslims vs non-muslims, because you will not like it. Saddam's sentencing is not about muslim, its about bringing justice for tens of thousands of people killed by his direct and indirect orders, its about thousands of Kurds who were gassed by Saddam's order, it's about thousands of Shiite muslims in southern iraq masse executed under his rule.

are u unaware that saddam (and osamah bin laden) have been TRAINED by America? by BUSH? IMO, they're all loads of BS. like come on, (and yes, i am sidetracking here, but only 2 stress my point), how can Osama bin laden b missing? does it sound logical 2 u? remember how America found saddam in d middle of nowehere.. underground? supposedly coz of the satellite 'watevas'? well y dnt they jst do the same 2 find osama? y wud it b that hard??????
No I am not aware of Saddam or Osama were trained by America, tell us when and where were those two trained by America. According to Saddam's Biography, he spent his whole life in Iraq, Egypt and Syria. Do tell us which american university they attended and where were they trained by America? Where are your sources? Was it written in Quran?

If america have the ability to track down everyone it want to arrest there will be no need to have millions of police force patroling the street to arrest criminals, there will be no need to monitor mexican border to arrest illegal migrants. It is extremely asinine to think that US can track down anyone it wanted such as Osama Bin Laden etc. I must say you are extremely stupid! Is it even LOGICAL to think america can track down anyone? If that so there will be no terrorist or criminals left in the world unarrested.

these r my opinions people, n in no way am i tryna imply that Muslims r this, or non-muslims r that... im trying 2 give my opinions bout America :)
Your Opinion "Stink"

darek_arsenal

HSC
gerhard said:
its so funny how shit plays itself out for the congressional elections.

on one side, it leaks just in time that some huge respected evangelical guy is cheating on his wife with a male prostitute. on the other side, saddam verdict just happens to be fall a week before the elections.
Ha Ha, lets not forget the John Kerry comment suggesting that the US troops are idiots

darek_arsenal

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
No I am not aware of Saddam or Osama were trained by America, tell us when and where were those two trained by America. According to Saddam's Biography, he spent his whole life in Iraq, Egypt and Syria. Do tell us which american university they attended and where were they trained by America? Where are your sources? Was it written in Quran?

Your Opinion "Stink"
In 1959 he was involved in a US-sponsored plot to assasinate Prime Minister Qassim, and eventually, was trained by the CIA in Lebanon. And Bin Laden was trained by the CIA in the 1980's in Afghanistan in order to wage jihad against the Russian occupation of Afghanistan. However, all of this must be taken into context. Prime Minister Qassim took power by overthrowing a pro-western monarchy. The training of Bin Laden was, at the time, neccessary to the Cold War.

darek_arsenal

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
also how is it that Bush initiated a "just-war"? exactly how is it just?
Jus Ad Bellum (when is a war just by the criteria of Just War Theory?)

> Just Cause: Force may be used only to correct a grave public evil (Saddam's massive violation of the basic rights of the Iraqi's and Kurds) or in defense (against the WMD's that Hussein supposedly had at the time, thus, its still a just war)

> Right Intention: Force may be used only in a truly just cause and solely for that purpose- correcting a suffered wrong is considered a right intention

> Probability of Success: Arms may not be used in a futile cause or in a case where disproportionate measures are required to achieve success

> Proportionality: The overall destruction expected from the use of force must be outweighed by the good to be achieved

> Last Resort: Force may be used only after all peaceful and viable alternatives have been seriously tried and exhausted [this is exactly what had happened. Saddamm Hussein refused to allow UN inspectors into the country]

> Legitimate Authority: Only duly constituted public authorities may use deadly force or wage war [1. USA was legitimatly enforcing the resolutions of the United Nations and thus was a legitimate authority 2. President Bush as a sovereign ruler does count as legitimate authority]

And the Land Letter sent to President Bush by Christian leaders on October 3, 2002 stated that the Iraq invasion was a just-war...

darek_arsenal

HSC
Exphate said:
Oh thats right...where are the WMDs again? Or were they in the hole with S.H.?

The argument that Saddam Hussein had WMD was based on CIA, MI5, MI6, Russian, and Egyptian intelligence. President Bush was not in the wrong, the intelligence agencies who feeded him wrong information are in the wrong.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
darek_arsenal said:
The argument that Saddam Hussein had WMD was based on CIA, MI5, MI6, Russian, and Egyptian intelligence. President Bush was not in the wrong, the intelligence agencies who feeded him wrong information are in the wrong.
thats five sources that turned out to be wrong...doesnt sound too intelligent.
how the fuck can you have "evidence" or "intelligence" of something that isnt true or doesnt exist. either they had bullshit evidence, or George Bush is too stupid to decipher good from bad intelligence.
hmmmm....this video shows the bullshit they manufactured
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN5yvoIsnnE
Rice and Powell suggest Iraq is no threat to anyone and no WMD before the war....makes you wonder...

BlackDragon

HSC
lol and he appealed the decision. how can he possibly think he is innocent or even stands a single chance of ever escaping death?!

HSC
he said that he would rather be sentenced to death by firing squad [a warriors death] than to be sentenced to death by hanging [a criminals death]

i think he is appealing so that he can get shot rather than hung

BlackDragon

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
he said that he would rather be sentenced to death by firing squad [a warriors death] than to be sentenced to death by hanging [a criminals death]

i think he is appealing so that he can get shot rather than hung
it probably won't be such a long process then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)