Sanity/Virgin/Other CD Store Employment Help (1 Viewer)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i've found that it depends far less on the resume than on the person. first impressions are SO important. be very enthusiastic but sensible.

that being said don't just be lax with your resume, correct spelling etc is still incredibly important.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
yeah and make sure you talk to the manager. i wouldn't bother going in unless they were hiring though, you have a much much higher chance of them actually paying attention to you then. we always just tell people to apply online and we don't usually accept any resumes in store unless we have positions available.

@nickowall: my only other previous employment experience was 5 years at woolworths, and i have now been a sanity employee for 2 years.

Mantello

Banned
HSC
Soooo I might be working for Sanity's BIGGEST threat and the one company they loathe Born Dancer.

I'm sure Fab @ Head Office told you in the induction / intertviews who they were :p hahaha

Striker999

HSC
@nickowall, just a bussing job for 6months at a steakhouse

and mantello who?
jb? :spzz:

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Soooo I might be working for Sanity's BIGGEST threat and the one company they loathe Born Dancer.

I'm sure Fab @ Head Office told you in the induction / intertviews who they were :p hahaha
I'm assuming it's JB hifi but I didn't have Fab for my induction i had Steph Brilley. Fab is absolutely hysterical though, i spent a week with him in Canberra doing important fixing store buzinezz.

HoneyBee333

HSC
ok so, i desperately wanna ditch my job. its minimum wage, and it gets kinda painful...
i'd totally love to work at sanity seeing as spend my life there...whats the best time to apply? I'm in burwood, so that'd probably be the best one, but they seem to be well-staffed all the time...
I wana finish doing these retail cerificate courses im doing through work, but would i have a chance if i applied like next summer holidays? or maybe the summer after that? cos i never see signs up for needing employment...

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
um. there was a note in their internal memo that they are hiring now. As far as i know they hire every year in september. apply online and hand in your resume instore and tell them that you are after christmas work.

same applies with summer holidays next year, september is pretty much the only time they hire nation wide outside of when stores are short on staff

HSC
does anyone working at a store like Sanity/JB HI FI have any tips for the application?

on the JB application there isn't really anywhere to actually talk about retail experience. so i don't know whether i should integrate my employment skills in with the 'why would you like to work at JB' section. would that increase my chances or just piss them off/make me seem like i'm trying too hard?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
if you are uploading your resume along with the application i can't see why you would need to go into detail about your previous retail experience. From memory there was a skills section on the application? I would just fill in that because it works off the assumption you have had experience, and then answer the 'why you want to work here' properly, maybe briefly mentioning your retail history but with relevance to your specific talents

HSC
you don't actually get to upload your resume with it, but there was a section called 'responsibilities' that i didn't see first off (i'm an idiot), so i've listed my duties/experience there. i'm almost finished with my application, a friend of mine got a call back so that's good news :)

lil dynamyt

HSC
Hey,

Sanity just called me and did a phone interview. Man i was still sleeping when they called so my answers weren't too great lol...but i guess it was good enough coz they asked me to go to the group interview next week.

Since they said the group interview is 1.5 hours long, does anyone know what happens/what they ask? Also whats the pay like for an 19 year old christmas casual? And should i wear business attire or smart casual clothes??

lil dynamyt

HSC
Woohoo. I got the job!!! I thought i did really bad in the group interviews and wasnt expecting a callback....im still in shock atm lol

I have a 3 hour induction on Thursday. Anyone know what happens??

mashmellow

HSC
Has anyone got the job for Christmas Part-Time? I received a position for Virgin, signed my contract and everything, but my induction was almost a month ago and i still haven't heard from anyone about training or any shifts! Getting worried

lil dynamyt

HSC
Has anyone got the job for Christmas Part-Time? I received a position for Virgin, signed my contract and everything, but my induction was almost a month ago and i still haven't heard from anyone about training or any shifts! Getting worried
Exactly the same with me. I got the job and had my induction and signed the forms about a month ago and have not heard anything from virgin since. I'm actually in the middle of uni exams atm, so when my exams are almost all done (just under 2 weeks from now), if i still havent heard from them, then i'll probably give them a call to see whats going on.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
um why the hell have you not called your store? do it. give the store a ring, talk to the manager and ask what's going on. you will get trained as you start your first shifts but i have no idea why you have waited almost a month

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)