Saudi religious police ban red roses for valentine's day (no joke) lol (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
SAUDI Arabia's religious police have banned red roses ahead of Valentine's Day, forcing couples in the conservative Muslim nation to think of new ways to show their love.

The Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice has ordered florists and gift shop owners in the capital Riyadh to remove any items coloured scarlet, which is widely seen as symbolising love, newspapers said.

"They visited us last night," the Saudi Gazette quoted an unidentified florist as saying.

It is not unusual for the Saudi vice squad to clamp down ahead of Valentine's Day, which it sees as encouraging relations between men and women outside of wedlock, the newspaper said.

Saudi Arabia imposes an austere form of Sunni Islam that prevents unrelated men and women from mixing, bans women from driving and demands that women wear a headscarf and a cloak.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23198781-23109,00.html

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Wow... what a retarded country. What seemingly harmless but in actual fact socially dangerous item are they going to ban next? I say wedding rings. It promotes unrelated men and women mixing.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
How the fuck do people get married there? That was my first thought, then I realised it was probably all arranged. Fuck, what a shit country to live in.

Angel Eyes

Banned
HSC
who r all u to judge saudi arabia? u hvnt been there and maybe it isnt as bad as u want to believe it is. how do we noe that this article is even true its prob made up for a valentines joke on you all but you guys are so stupid to believe everytin u hear

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Shouldn't you be chained up to the kitchen or something like all Saudi women should be? How are you able to type? Do they poke holes in the cloths for you to see?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Stevo. said:
How the fuck do people get married there? That was my first thought, then I realised it was probably all arranged. Fuck, what a shit country to live in.
It's not arranged like by parents when they're children

Usually the husband asks the father and the bride has no choice :D

Angel Eyes

Banned
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Hahahhaha yeah a society with a police to enforce Virtue is not bad.

Shut the fuck up you morons. We're right to judge them because we live in an enlightened, free and better society. Ruled by the people, not by 6th century laws made up to perpetuate some God myth.
as i sed the article may b a joke. hav u been to saudi arabia b4 to make such a call on its society? wat is so much better about us here wen we have crime and murders and in saudi arabia they hav no crime mayb that is y they have the virtue police and see it works.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Angel Eyes said:
as i sed the article may b a joke. hav u been to saudi arabia b4 to make such a call on its society? wat is so much better about us here wen we have crime and murders and in saudi arabia they hav no crime mayb that is y they have the virtue police and see it works.
HAVE YOU BEEN TO THE MOON?

OMG MAYBE THE MOON DOESN'T EXIST

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Why would we want to go to Saudi Arabia to find out about their laws when just stepping out of their airport will warrant an arrest and the death penalty? GTFO sandmonkey cocksucker.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
If you agree to these conditions then you yourself must adhere to them less you make of yourself a hypocrite.

Also, what would you do if your daughter did not abide by these rules? Kill her? Have your son do it? Have your Muslim mates rape her and slit her throat? Like so many of your brethren have done so in the past?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Realistically if the father wants his daughter to marry a particular man she doesn't have much of a choice about it. Thousands of forced marriages happen in the Islamic world every day :D

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
How can it be called a crimeless society when everything they do is a crime? How can they have zero murder rate when the government is the greatest guilty of murdering thousands of people? The greatest crime is the one they enforce on their society, imprisonment of the body, the mind and the soul with their pathetic religion.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Omium said:
My Daughter makes her own decisions.
I wont force my daughter to do anything she doesnt want to do.
I wont force my daughter to wear the Hijab, but i hope that i can educate her enough that she will wear it by herself.
I wont force my daughter to get married this way, However i will advise her that it is the proper Islamic way.

I know that i cant oversee what she does, But i hope by the time she reaches an age where she can make her own decisions effectively she will not engage in any acts i would not like with men.

I know this must come as a bit of a let-down but not every muslim is an extremist. Under no circumstances can any innocent be killed.
However unfortunately you get these ultra-extremist idiots who force their children to abide strictly with their pathetic ideolgies.
Good. Don't change your mind when you get butthurt when your daughter sees some guy you don't like. I'm offended by honour killings.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Absolutely pathetic.

Virginity is almost certainly not a virtue, and crushing human instincts (Such as sexual activity) is a depraved form of torture.

You sicken me.
Playing the devils advocate here, I did not understand freedom until I discovered it for myself. There is always an inner turmoil between the traditions of your people and one of the new civilisation you've come to call as home.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Except they have exceedingly high rape levels. :)

What would I rather, a crimeless society, or freedom?

Wow, I'll be taking the freedom, thanks.
Your entitled to your opinion as is she.

Angel Eyes

Banned
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Except they have exceedingly high rape levels. :)

What would I rather, a crimeless society, or freedom?

Wow, I'll be taking the freedom, thanks.
it is not possible to be free in a society of crime for crime is oppression

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)