Saudi religious police ban red roses for valentine's day (no joke) lol (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Omium said:
No Dickhead.
Ill explain it for your feeble brain.

If i see a girl i like, I can ask her or a relative of hers for their parents number, (vice-versa for women) My parents call their parents and organise a "date" where basically we talk and get to know each other with a third person there with us. (the third party is usually a relative, he just needs to be in the same room he doesnt usually hear what the couple are talking about)
If she doesnt like the man, She doesnt see him anymore, if she is too embarassed to tell him she tells her parents who tell the mans parents and end of story.
If they like each other they organise more of these "Dates" to get to know each other more. They then get engaged.. blah blah blah.

In my opinion, which is very different from most of yours. if i had a daughter i would like her to get married this way, I would cringe at the thought of my daughter kissing her boyfriend knowing that nothing will eventuate.
The Islamic way of marriage prevents the couple from doing things the parents would not approve of (kissing / sex blah blah).
(the third party just needs to be in the room; he doesnt listen to their convos, unless the couple approve)

(Btw they arent allowed to touch / kiss etc, on the dates untill they are married)
i was pretty accepting of this up till the point where it says they can't touch until marriage. that's extremely oppressive. i mean, these people are going to get married. they are going to spend the rest of their lives together. they are probably going to have children. but they are not allowed to get to know each other beyond verbal communication before they get to the altar? logic please? a lasting romantic relationship is not just verbal or mental, it's a physical connection. why hold them back from that and then chuck them in at the deep end on their wedding night? i'm not suggesting that they go out on dates and screw, but not being allowed to touch at all is somewhat ridiculous.

Evan11

HSC
Omium said:
Hello Uneducated puppet, I am still waiting for your evidence that states that i said "women have half the brain of men".

Edit: Deal still on, i will convert to atheism if you find me this "extract"

Edit Edit: By the way declaring "jihad" on your family is so last season, The new fad is to refer to your illusion that muhammed is a pedophile whilst making degrading religious comments.

Edit Edit Edit: I still think you should dig a hole and bury yourself puppet.
How am i a puppet. And you dont even know my religion.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
No Movie theatres

No nightclubs

No alcohol

No holding hands in public

A woman cannot walk alone without a man in public

A woman cannot vote

A woman cannot drive

A woman has to be covered up from head to toe

Premarital sex is a criminal act

Men and women have separate chambers in schools, cafes and restaurants

And now, no valentines day.

SAUDI ARABIA, PUTTING THE FUN IN FUNDAMENTALISM!

:D

Gay Captain

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i was pretty accepting of this up till the point where it says they can't touch until marriage. that's extremely oppressive. i mean, these people are going to get married. they are going to spend the rest of their lives together. they are probably going to have children. but they are not allowed to get to know each other beyond verbal communication before they get to the altar? logic please? a lasting romantic relationship is not just verbal or mental, it's a physical connection. why hold them back from that and then chuck them in at the deep end on their wedding night? i'm not suggesting that they go out on dates and screw, but not being allowed to touch at all is somewhat ridiculous.
You forget that these are people who believe that a man seeing one inch of a woman's skin will become an uncontrollable sexual maniac :D

bassistx

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
HAVE YOU BEEN TO THE MOON?

OMG MAYBE THE MOON DOESN'T EXIST
Lmfao. Brilliant.

Angel Eyes, you are so unbelievably naive. These women can't drive or vote or wear pants. What the hell? You think that's normal? And the article isn't a joke. You think news sites waste their time on that stuff? FYI, it's not April Fool's and they pay people to write. Time is money, they're not going to be making jokes.

Omium, you're a chauvinist. Just like whoever it was said. All Muslim men think they're better than women.

ari89 said:
Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."
Decficieny in her religion? What the bloody hell? Why does she even bother then?

chicky_pie said:
SAUDI ARABIA, PUTTING THE FUN IN FUNDAMENTALISM!

:D
Mhmmmmmm. ROFL.

Mother fskhtrj4wg5s.

Schroedinger, be my daddy :) And I want a king size bed so my bf can sleep over everyday and a 40" LCD screen TV so we can watch p0rn ^_^

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Saudi Woman Faces Death For Witchcraft

A leading human rights group appealed to Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah on Thursday to stop the execution of a woman accused of witchcraft and performing supernatural acts.

The New York-based Human Rights Watch said in a statement that the kingdom's religious police who arrested and interrogated Fawza Falih, and the judges who tried her in the northern town of Quraiyat never gave her the opportunity to prove her innocence in the face of "absurd charges that have no basis in law."

Falih's case underscores shortcomings in Saudi Arabia's Islamic legal system in which rules of evidence are shaky, lawyers are not always present and sentences often depend on the whim of judges.

The most frequent victims are women, who already suffer severe restrictions on daily life in Saudi Arabia: They cannot drive, appear before a judge without a male representative, or travel abroad without a male guardian's permission.

Witchcraft is considered an offense against Islam in the conservative kingdom.

In Falih's case, the judges relied on a coerced confession and on the statements of witnesses who said she had "bewitched" them to convict her in April 2006, according to the group.

Falih later retracted her confession in court, claiming it was extracted under duress, and said that as an illiterate woman, she did not understand the document she was forced to fingerprint.

"The fact that Saudi judges still conduct trials for unprovable crimes like 'witchcraft' underscores their inability to carry out objective criminal investigations," said Joe Stork, Middle East director at Human Rights Watch.

There was no immediate comment on the statement from Saudi Arabia, where government offices are closed on Thursdays, the start of the Muslim weekend.

"Fawza Falih's case is an example of how the authorities failed to comply even with existing safeguards in the Saudi justice system," he added.

The Saudi court cited an instance in which a man allegedly became impotent after being bewitched by Falih, the rights group said.

An appeals court ruled in September 2006 that Falih could not be sentenced to death for witchcraft because she had retracted her confession. But a lower court subsequently reissued the death sentence for the benefit of "public interest" and to "protect the creed, souls and property of this country," the group's statement said.

HRW statement came a day after Yakin Erturk, the U.N. special investigator for violence against women, wrapped up a 10-day visit to Saudi Arabia during which she highlighted another controversial case that has attracted international criticism.

Ertuk met with Fatima and Mansour al-Timani, who were forcibly divorced by the wife's family on grounds she had married someone from a lesser tribe.

The couple learned of the divorce on Feb. 25, 2006, when police knocked on their door to serve Mansour the divorce papers.

At a news conference on Wednesday, Erturk said she met the wife and husband who were in a "terrible state of mind" and that Saudi officials had promised her arrangements would be made for the couple's reunion, according to Saudi newspaper Arab News.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/14/world/main3829929.shtml?source=mostpop_story

:uhoh:

bassistx

HSC
She's illiterate because she was never given the chance to go to school and prob got married off early. As per 98% of the stories.

The Taliban burned down schools for girls and co-ed schools. Only the boys schools survived and teachers were all male. If a male was teaching a female student, they would hang him.

Education is such a priviledge. I should continue studying heh.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeh..saudi arabia sounds like a pretty fucked up country, but look at Dubai, in the UAE, one of the richest places in the world, and its a muslim country, with muslim leaders and stuff. It is home to the 'Burj Al Arab', or 'that awesome hotel shaped sorta like a boat' and also, http://www.burj-al-arab.com/guest_services/ .
Lets have a look at the picture- OMG THAT EVIL WHITE MAN IS TOUCHING THAT WOMAN!!!11!11!!!!1

The main thing is, Saudi Arabia is screwed up, but that doesnt mean islam is, and yes, some people do live in the past, in terms of the way marriage happens, but a couple of years ago my cousin in pakistan got married to a guy she new from her work, they both knew each other for years and both liked each other, so they decided to get married. Another situation, a friend of mine was good friends with a girl he worked with, a muslim girl, and she was good friends with him. They both liked each other, so the guy told his parents about it, that he'd known her for a long time and they both liked each other, and got married! Marriage is not always predetermined, with the woman having no choice, if that were the case then the parents suck big time. In about 10 yrs time wen i mite decide to get married, i wanna make sure that its someone i like, if my parents found someone who i dont like or who ive never met before and i dont wanna marry, then i'll simply refuse.
The only problem is that some families are old fashioned, they need to get with the times.

EDIT: women in saudi arabia cant drive?? what a shit country indeed!
EDIT AGAIN: oh yeh, this thread was about the fact that SA banned red roses for V-Day, i think we can all agree that SA is a crappy crap place to live, crapsville, altho just because its an islamic country doesnt mean all muslims are like that, thats HUUUUGE stereotyping, were not all extremists and were not all terrorists.

Last edited:

bassistx

HSC
Would it be wrong of me to say more than 50% of Muslims are like that?
If you look at the statistics above about arranged marriages, I think you'll find that at least half of the Muslims in the world are "old-fashioned".

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Omie Jay said:
yeh..saudi arabia sounds like a pretty fucked up country, but look at Dubai, in the UAE, one of the richest places in the world, and its a muslim country, with muslim leaders and stuff. It is home to the 'Burj Al Arab', or 'that awesome hotel shaped sorta like a boat' and also, http://www.burj-al-arab.com/guest_services/ .
Lets have a look at the picture- OMG THAT EVIL WHITE MAN IS TOUCHING THAT WOMAN!!!11!11!!!!1

The main thing is, Saudi Arabia is screwed up, but that doesnt mean islam is, and yes, some people do live in the past, in terms of the way marriage happens, but a couple of years ago my cousin in pakistan got married to a guy she new from her work, they both knew each other for years and both liked each other, so they decided to get married. Another situation, a friend of mine was good friends with a girl he worked with, a muslim girl, and she was good friends with him. They both liked each other, so the guy told his parents about it, that he'd known her for a long time and they both liked each other, and got married! Marriage is not always predetermined, with the woman having no choice, if that were the case then the parents suck big time. In about 10 yrs time wen i mite decide to get married, i wanna make sure that its someone i like, if my parents found someone who i dont like or who ive never met before and i dont wanna marry, then i'll simply refuse.
The only problem is that some families are old fashioned, they need to get with the times.

EDIT: women in saudi arabia cant drive?? what a shit country indeed!
EDIT AGAIN: oh yeh, this thread was about the fact that SA banned red roses for V-Day, i think we can all agree that SA is a crappy crap place to live, crapsville, altho just because its an islamic country doesnt mean all muslims are like that, thats HUUUUGE stereotyping, were not all extremists and were not all terrorists.
If i ever go on holidays to Middle East, of course it would be UAE, they're not nuts like the rest of the middle east, but i would stay away trying to work there, foreigner = cheap labour. :p

bassistx

HSC
Gay Captain said:
Anyone who leaves Islam must be killed
Aren't you sick of that yet, Mr. Turnip?

chicky_pie said:
what are you now?
please say atheist :p
Agnostic. Buddhism's on the top of the list. In fact, Buddhism is the only thing on the list. If there was a list to begin with.
Shrugs. Don't know enough about it, but it's hella betta then what I was brought up with lol :)

Oh and hey... If you kill me, at least I'll have another life xD

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
I like you bassistx. You're represent hope. Hope there will no longer be Muslim women. Just beautiful people free from tyranny.

bassistx

HSC
Stevo. said:
I like you bassistx. You're represent hope. Hope there will no longer be Muslim women. Just beautiful people free from tyranny.
If there were no longer any Muslim women, it wouldn't make things better. Worse, in fact. Think of all those Muslim men - they'd rape your sister.

But I'm all for a revoluntionary women's rights movement in SA. It better start before I'm dead and burried. It's sickening to think there are girls my age out there whom, instead of having all these opportunities I have, are cooking, cleaning, and having kids.

I remember in year 9 & 10 when we got to choose our subjects, I chose music, Italian, visual arts, and drama. My parents and I got into a huge arguement and my dad even came up to the school and said it was against our religion. They said I should've done things that would be useful - hospitality, textiles, etc... Yeah, so I can be a good housewife, hey?
No way. No way in hell.

And it's not against the religion to act or whatever. It seems like you can't even breathe without checking if the oxygen's halal.
You can't shake hands with non-Muslims because their sweat contains pork/alcohol/etc. Pedantic much?

Gay Captain

HSC
bassistx said:
And it's not against the religion to act or whatever. It seems like you can't even breathe without checking if the oxygen's halal.
You can't shake hands with non-Muslims because their sweat contains pork/alcohol/etc. Pedantic much?
Well there are trace elements of non-halal substances in all the air you breathe so what can you do?

I once posted that on Muslim village and they couldn't come up with a coherent answer :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)