Save the shuttle (1 Viewer)

seeka

HSC
ok so i started a new job at the uni and part of the training involved talking to the security guys etc,,,and the head dude has said that the security shuttle might not be in service next semester due to lack of attendance.

i know its not something used by people with cars etc. but for alot of people its the best way to get to a class on the other side of campus when its raining, or from the train station when your class starts in 2 mins on the other side of campus.

so any suggestions guys?

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Maybe you could start up one of those frequent user cards...like you use the shuttle 10 or so times and you get a free coffee? Food something or rather? Drink?

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
i doubt they will cut the shuttle unless they really need to

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
i dont think they can really cut the shuttle if they want drivers to continue using the carpark way down the back of nowhere (in Waratah!)..

and they have to provide a secure service at night... they can't let students be wandering around campus in the dark to get to their cars...

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
they are also on contract to the colleges to provide transport to students after dark if requested

em_516

bludging..
HSC
well maybe they should advertise it more..i didn't even know it existed

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i used to have classes that finished at 8 in winter..way to scary to be wandering around on your own to the trainstation

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
i used to have classes that finished at 8 in winter..way to scary to be wandering around on your own to the trainstation
yeah, so there's no way they could stop the shuttle!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
They have a duty to provide a safe environment for us, and the uni being as cheap as it is wouldn't want its arse getting sued because kiddies are wandering around in the middle of the night, coz theres no other option for them, then getting mugged or something (hey, the hike between Shortland Union and the Bar on the Hill is scary at night!!)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Does anyone use the shuttle?

I don't think anyone's that lazy.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
i did once when i couldnt walk due to a happy hour

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I was wondering how i was gonna get from one end to the other in a short amount of time. Does it run all day, or on a timetable or.... I would have no idea. And i can see it may be handy in the rain :p

seeka

HSC
It runs on a timetable that you can find on the uni website,,, its not there at the moment though, needs to be updated me thinks

as for it closing down, it was just what we were told by the security head dude at the uni. apparently it costs him $36 an hour to run it and only 2 or 3 people were using it per hour. aparently the guys driving it got soooo bored they would go driving round jesmond and around dropping people off to homes and randomly stopping on the side of the road and asking people if they wanted a lift lol

although the free coffee idea i think is cool! :D

as was mentioned, there should be some transport during winter and at night cos its damn scary :p

i always thought the shuttle was well used,,,, but maybe not,,,, i agree though that it should be better advertised :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)