Saying I love you for the first time? (1 Viewer)

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
I've been living away from home due to work so my boyfriend and I haven't seen each other for a while now. Over the course of this time, we have Skyped and kept in touch. During my time away, I've realised I love him but I don't want to say it online, etc, I want to wait til I see him.
Now, the next time I see him is Valentine's Day but apparently saying I Love You for the first time on Valentine's Day is considered too cheesy... Now, because I've known this for a while, should I tell him or leave it so it's not considered cheesy?

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
You had a boyfriend but you didn't know you loved him?
Yes. I knew I like him a lot when we began. I knew I wanted something. I'm not going to throw the word around to just anyone. It takes time. However, it could just mean something different to you and I, that's all.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
In all honesty OP, I don't want to be mean but, r u retarded? If you can't say I love you to your boyfriend or think it's to embarrassing or cheesy then there's something wrong with you and you need help.

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
In all honesty OP, I don't want to be mean but, r u retarded? If you can't say I love you to your boyfriend or think it's to embarrassing or cheesy then there's something wrong with you and you need help.
It's not the issue of saying or not saying it. That was not the question being asked. The issue is simply this, should I say it when I see him, even though it falls on an occasion that celebrates love? Will it seem worthless because of Valentine's Day where these gestures are more expected from people (though, I'm not saying they are expected). I just don't want what I'm saying to pass as something worthless.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
You had a boyfriend but you didn't know you loved him?
Um, you don't have to be in love with someone before you start dating them? That's kinda what the dating process is for... you know, to get to know them better and see if you do develop feelings of 'love' for them.

Tbh yeah it's cheesy don't say it. I didn't know I loved my boyfriend either I just called him my boyfriend cos I wanted to.
So what's up with the judgey earlier post??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)