Saying I love you for the first time? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Don't leave it until Valentine's day. You could say it over the phone, Skype etc by voice and Valentine's Day would just be a day to prove that it's true

Join us,
http://www.hahnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Smiley-Face-Optical-Illusion.jpg[IMG]

Sry for the derail lawl[/QUOTE]
That's hypnotising me into falling asleep. That's some freaky thing going on

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I've been living away from home due to work so my boyfriend and I haven't seen each other for a while now. Over the course of this time, we have Skyped and kept in touch. During my time away, I've realised I love him but I don't want to say it online, etc, I want to wait til I see him.
Now, the next time I see him is Valentine's Day but apparently saying I Love You for the first time on Valentine's Day is considered too cheesy... Now, because I've known this for a while, should I tell him or leave it so it's not considered cheesy?
It doesn't have to be Valentine's Day

Sometimes the other person gives a hint and if you pick up on it then say it :)))

Sometimes you just gotta YOLO

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
It's not the issue of saying or not saying it. That was not the question being asked. The issue is simply this, should I say it when I see him, even though it falls on an occasion that celebrates love? Will it seem worthless because of Valentine's Day where these gestures are more expected from people (though, I'm not saying they are expected). I just don't want what I'm saying to pass as something worthless.
Just do it whenever, if he loves you then he shouldn't view it as less valued despite the occasion.

Um, you don't have to be in love with someone before you start dating them? That's kinda what the dating process is for... you know, to get to know them better and see if you do develop feelings of 'love' for them.

So what's up with the judgey earlier post??
I'm not talking about dating. Explicitly calling someone your boyfriend/girlfriend instead of "someone I'm seeing" indicates to me that feelings have been exchanged. I mean, maybe it's different for OP, but personally I wouldn't call someone my boyfriend meaninglessly if I wasn't sure about my feelings for him.

That post was sarcasm.

Anyway @OP seriously just say it, it shouldn't be devalued if you say it with meaning.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
girls always say that to me with my spring roll in their mouth.

Examine

same
HSC
You don't necessarily need to love someone before you become boyfriend/girlfriend with them lol. Like there'd obvs be reciprocated feelings but I don't think there's a need to have really strong feelings at the get go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)