SC 2007 - English-literacy (1 Viewer)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
My story was about hallucinating and seeing a circus just outside the window while looking for inspiration for question 57, which leads to a lot of ridicule from classmates (the laughter part) and a shattered reputation.

My interview was on someone who ran a computer class for seniors, which was how I managed to insert a Linux reference in.

chadmeleon

HSC
yeah i found it alright...think my story was crap and i was abit confused with the interview bit originally...didnt realise i should have more questions...but yeah overall alright

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
it was ok.
i reckon i will somehow fuck up the mc. that radio interview was good, my story about the humour/laughter is bloody lame, i think i may have stuffed up the short response.
hope it get like a band 5 or 70% +

Lothy

HSC
ajdlinux said:
I was sort of confused on the Yowie question - one referenced colour, but the page wouldn't indicate whether it was colour and merely printed black and white, or whether it was actually black and white. I went for another one which referenced a toolbar, which I was unsure about as it was merely the address bar, although I suppose that is a toolbar.

It was just an ambiguous question. :(
Ah same problem here. I didn't think to ask one of the supervisors though. I ended up going with the colour one, even with the lack of colour. I couldnt really find an obvious 'toolbar' per se, but they mightve classed something as a toolbar :S. O well hope its ok.

I liked the english one, and was glad to see the 20 marker was imaginative writing :)

I sat there for a while not knowing what to write. Ended up using Laughter as a central theme - Basically was about a little boy at a carnival that ran ahead and went into a dark tent. There he found only darkness and a shrill emotionless laugh (from a clown of course). Basically a descriptive and emotive story - Differs from my trial where the teacher marking it took off 5 points because it was 'unrealistic' :mad1:, funny though.

ajdlinux

HSC
Lothy said:
Ah same problem here. I didn't think to ask one of the supervisors though. I ended up going with the colour one, even with the lack of colour. I couldnt really find an obvious 'toolbar' per se, but they mightve classed something as a toolbar :S. O well hope its ok.
Well, most browsers consider the address bar to be a toolbar.

toby12

HSC
So did the imaginative writing have to a weird and wacky story?

i wrote how people in the world should all bring laughter into their lives and there will be peace and serenity blah blah blah.. stuffed up?

toby12

HSC
So did the imaginative writing have to be a weird and wacky story?

i wrote how people in the world should all bring laughter into their lives and there will be peace and serenity blah blah blah.. stuffed up?

stoj19

HSC
yeah that yowie question about the webstie was screwed....I thought it was just me who thought it was a gay question/.

I endded up putting......the toolbar one by elimination.

and my "laughter" story was also about a circus lol/

bored of sc

HSC
the multiple choice was insane - insanely hard that it (will probably automatically push me into band4-5 territory)

the short answer was okay, but the text was kinda crap i thought, the extended metaphor wasn't clear i thought

the extended response ones were okay: for radio interview did an aid worker, and for imaginative writing a kid who gets bullied as the bullies laugh sinisterly (is this a word) at him

oh!!! what was the answer to the short answer: the difference between the word 'degree'- i said one is like an educational qualification and one is the level or amount of something...???

and what was the meaning of the word "unsurpassed" or something - i said unbeliveable but on second thought i think it's unbeaten (which was subconsciously my gut instinct!!! grrrr...)

ajdlinux

HSC
bored of sc said:
the multiple choice was insane - insanely hard that it (will probably automatically push me into band4-5 territory)
I didn't think it too hard, but they were certainly awkward. Anyway...

the short answer was okay, but the text was kinda crap i thought, the extended metaphor wasn't clear i thought
What did you get? I wrote the comparison with treading water, which to me was obvious.

the extended response ones were okay: for radio interview did an aid worker, and for imaginative writing a kid who gets bullied as the bullies laugh sinisterly (is this a word) at him

oh!!! what was the answer to the short answer: the difference between the word 'degree'- i said one is like an educational qualification and one is the level or amount of something...???

and what was the meaning of the word "unsurpassed" or something - i said unbeliveable but on second thought i think it's unbeaten (which was subconsciously my gut instinct!!! grrrr...)
It's unbeaten, yes.

flaminwaffle

HSC
lol, i feel sorry for my multiple choice marker. When the answers went across, i did the first 20 questions down the page, then noticed my mistake >.> Lol, so now like, my answer sheet is full of crosses everywhere and arrows xD Yeah, it wasted quite a bit of time but i finished with about 5 minutes to spare and i triple checked that the answers in my multiple choice were correct :p Hopefully i was accurate O,O

Short answer was easier than i expected.

ajdlinux

HSC
I think so, but do we even get formal bands for the SC? (Can't be bothered to look it up.) I only got an A grade for my last SC exam in 2005, and a mark.

edit: yes, we do, and it seems to appear on the certificate but not on Students Online.

Last edited:

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
The radio one was....ok i guess i talked about helping senior citizens..

The laughter one was annoying. I couldnt think of anything so i wrote a descriptive story with some guy laughing xD

Wonder if any1 jsut wrote "Lol."

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Does the laughter thing have to be a story? It just said it can't be a poem or song.

Iguana

HSC
Aw
did fairly well
semi enjoyed it
its amazing what you can do when your under pressure ay

Aplus

HSC
N/A
For the laughter question, I wrote an opinionated essay on why laughter is such a universal theme to human beings all over the world.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
ajdlinux said:
No. If anyone did something other than a story I'd like to know though.
I did a lame o article about laughter to try and get children and a younger audience to be more happy. I had no clue what I could write in a story. I'm not a good writer xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)