SC 2007 - Mathematics (1 Viewer)

Dimplez

HSC
its 8:15 ...you do 2/3 times 4/5 ...and I thought it wasn't that at first but I used substitute numbers and it worked

SC is gayy

HSC
hahaha well ii woz just way off :haha:
at least it wOz only one mark

dw..[person whO commented on top of me]
we`ll be oKk hehehe*

blahh blahhh

HSC
it wass alritee exept i didnt finshh ..... i lyk left out 6 non calculatorr questionss .. n the multiple choice was okk .... and the last section wassss soo easyy ... except for that part about the median netball crapp .. wat was dat all aboutt .... n i didnt get to chk wat i done for the correct n incorrect fingyy ... haha i got dis mate who recons she ganna ace the exam n mak the board of studiess hav a band 10 .. considering she didnt even finsh the examm .... loll .... overall im expectinn a band 4 .... or 5 if im luckkyyy...

Dimplez

HSC
hey do you guys know when we get our results back for sc?

militiaman

HSC
What was the answer to the section of the cube of wood where they cut along two diagonals and you had to find the angle?

kkwok25

UAI aim: 85+
HSC
to be honest, the maths sc wasnt as hard as i thought. thought i probably stuffed up a few questions.
for the question about the petrol or something, did u's get lose money or save money? i got lose money but it was a lucky guess cos i was doing these really strange calculations lol.

Ppen

HSC
nah the answer was 60 degrees. i got it right but by deafult : ) . it turns out there was a way to prove that it was an equilateral triangle. (not that u neede to prove anything it was m/c.

militiaman

HSC
I believe it cost Elina (think that was her name) overall ~$2 more to travel to the far away rather than just get it at Pete's (the close one). So she lost money going to the far away one and back.

Ppen

HSC
kkwok25 said:
to be honest, the maths sc wasnt as hard as i thought. thought i probably stuffed up a few questions.
for the question about the petrol or something, did u's get lose money or save money? i got lose money but it was a lucky guess cos i was doing these really strange calculations lol.
im pretty sure it was lose money, thats what i put. But you needed to show that through calculations (correct calculations that is)

kkwok25

UAI aim: 85+
HSC
Ppen said:
im pretty sure it was lose money, thats what i put. But you needed to show that through calculations (correct calculations that is)
yeah i was aware of that. i still did calculations but it just wasnt right but somehow i still got losing money.
hmm there was a question i also had problems with. oh for the one about sharon, michelle...there 4 people...which ones did u get as correct and incorrect? i think i only got one correct...its wrong lol

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Ppen said:
nah the answer was 60 degrees. i got it right but by deafult : ) . it turns out there was a way to prove that it was an equilateral triangle. (not that u neede to prove anything it was m/c.
I spent a while on that question =/ Must just be how I visualised it and saw 90 degrees, then.

Care to post the proof when the exam goes on BOS? :p

Ppen

HSC
actually although i coudn't prove it was an equilateral i was able to prove it was definitely an isoceles, cos the the two....
omg wait scrap that comment...i know how to prove it was equilateral....taking note that it wasn't to scale the cube was a cube, which meant the diagonals are all equal.
Since the sides were all diagonals it means that the are equal, hence equal angles of 60 degrees. The fact that some sides looked smaller just put ppl off.

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
Ppen said:
yeh because the cut he made was along the diagonals of 3 different faces. that makes it equilateral. yes? i hope so. cos i put 60. lol

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Ppen said:
Yeah, the sides of the triangle were just diagonals of their respective cube faces. Since the sides of a cube are equal, so will the diagonals (in this case, they were all the square root of 18). So if all the sides were equal, it would make it an equilateral triangle and thus give it an angle of 60 degrees.

Anyhow, I thought the maths exam was very easy for some reason. The only tricky question I thought the exam had was the correct/incorrect questions involving the rectangle. Just had to remember that a square is considered a rectangle. :)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Continuum said:
Anyhow, I thought the maths exam was very easy for some reason. The only tricky question I thought the exam had was the correct/incorrect questions involving the rectangle. Just had to remember that a square is considered a rectangle. :)
I just lost another mark then :(

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
omfg. just realised i got the very first one wrong.

i put

8 x .7 = .56

idiot.
lol

did alright in the rest though. can't help but feel like a half-wit atm. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)