SC 2007 - Mathematics (1 Viewer)

hu5sla

HSC
militiaman said:
It was only worth 1 mark.

This is what it should have looked like (roughly)

With the blue part being the part you should have shaded in.
im so lucky my teacher gave us a pass paper with a similar question and told us how to do it

most people didnt have a clue and just used a ruller hahahah

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Dimplez said:
hey do you guys know when we get our results back for sc?
I believe you get your SC marks when you receive your certificate, and unlike the HSC the SC is mailed to the school, not to you directly.

ajdlinux

HSC
I think I got around 6cm2 area and just drew like 1.5cm x 4cm or something like that. It was half a square too as the squares were not 1cm2.

retarded777

HSC
N/A
you know i actually found this test pretty gd compared to my trials... in our exam room we all finished the non calcuator bit like 5-10 min earlier....lol a few ppl got kicked out...

nehows there'll be like around 20 silly mistakes..dunno wat 2 expect..:mad1:

zzzz12345

HSC
I seem to be making more and more stupid mistakes in these papers. I know I got at least four questions wrong...Anyway I got 8:15 for the ratio question. Because you figure out that b=4/5 c and 3/2 a and thus a/c is 8/15 thus the ratio is 8:15. The area of the triangle was 12 cm^2 so you could just draw a wonderful 3 by 4 rectangle. The last angle question was 48 if you carried through or 49 if you decided to take the previous angle to the nearest minute. I decided to put both. I don't know why they chose an angle which rounded up...

bored of sc

HSC
i used trigonometry (cosine rule to find angle) on the last question (hope it worked

cos A = [(1.6^2 + 1.6^2 - 3.6^2) / (2 x 1.6 x 1.6)] approx. numbers (from what i remember)

A = cos -1 [see above]

A = 48 degress

a bit unsure of this answer but..... hope its right, anyone know the answer to this

reggie7

You'll Never Walk Alone
HSC
the rectangle was about 2.1cm times 3cm to equal about 6cm^2 ... I spent quite a while trying to figure that out.

and for the shading in of the ABCD square ...was it that she was standing away from C and D or within C and D??

Dimplez

HSC
bored of sc said:
i used trigonometry (cosine rule to find angle) on the last question (hope it worked

cos A = [(1.6^2 + 1.6^2 - 3.6^2) / (2 x 1.6 x 1.6)] approx. numbers (from what i remember)

A = cos -1 [see above]

A = 48 degress

a bit unsure of this answer but..... hope its right, anyone know the answer to this
yep I got that!

ajdlinux

HSC
reggie7 said:
the rectangle was about 2.1cm times 3cm to equal about 6cm^2 ... I spent quite a while trying to figure that out.

and for the shading in of the ABCD square ...was it that she was standing away from C and D or within C and D??
She was standing at least 350m from both points A and B, so you had to draw two arcs 5cm from those points then shade in the rest.

Ppen

HSC
sikhman said:
i think you had to subtract the deposit because all the others were based on what he still had to pay....and he had already paid the deposit...
True True, and then u had to divide by 48 months

zeleboy

HSC
militiaman said:
Thought we should use the individual threads rather than having one huge one.

Maths was kinda meh. I knew from the outset that it was going to be difficult at times, and it was. I believe I'll get 80+ for it, I'm just disappointed because I don't think I did enough to get a band 6. The non-cal shitted me, not enough time, and I completely stuffed a couple of angles questions (didn't answer the 2nd last one).

Mutliple choice was very easy at the start, but then progressively got patches of hard questions. I didn't have enough time to double check my Correct/Incorrect answers, which was a shame.

The final answers bit was relatively simple overall. I realised right at the end though that the last answer for the first question was wrong. What did you guys put as the 3 goal amounts to make a median of 7 and range of 7?

As I said, there's probably no trouble in getting 50% in this, but IMO it would be very hard to get 90%+.
I put 8 9 10 (so that the median was 7 because between numbers 5 and 6 were integers 6 and 8)
ajdlinux said:
I believe you get your SC marks when you receive your certificate, and unlike the HSC the SC is mailed to the school, not to you directly.
On the 13th of December aswell :bomb:

zeleboy

HSC
Ppen said:
actually although i coudn't prove it was an equilateral i was able to prove it was definitely an isoceles, cos the the two....
omg wait scrap that comment...i know how to prove it was equilateral....taking note that it wasn't to scale the cube was a cube, which meant the diagonals are all equal.
Since the sides were all diagonals it means that the are equal, hence equal angles of 60 degrees. The fact that some sides looked smaller just put ppl off.
I would agree, but I distinctly remember that the cube wasn't cut so that a vertex was bisected.

wanted4911

HSC
Ppen said:
ugh... i don't think your supposed to use a protractor cos it says use trigonometry i think. anyway i got 24 and 24 for that question.
lol it says that they equal each other don't think it says use trig

anyways i think it should be right cuz normally they tell u its NOT TO SCALE

and they both measured exactly 33 degrees

so hopefully the markers are cool

my teacher says that the markers try to give u as many marks as possible

so yeah lol

zeleboy

HSC
wanted4911 said:
hey i put 7,7,10 is that right? i think it is
Dunno, would actually have to have the question infront of me. But it looks okay?

wanted4911 said:
lol it says that they equal each other don't think it says use trig

anyways i think it should be right cuz normally they tell u its NOT TO SCALE

and they both measured exactly 33 degrees

so hopefully the markers are cool

my teacher says that the markers try to give u as many marks as possible

so yeah lol
Lol, ironic as it can get - i doubt the markers would learn towards wanting to give you marks.

(and if its not to scale, then you obviously dont measure it :) )
hu5sla said:
im so lucky my teacher gave us a pass paper with a similar question and told us how to do it

most people didnt have a clue and just used a ruller hahahah

I hope that's not to scale :)

Last edited:

wanted4911

HSC
wat did u guys put 4 the question where it says can u find the median of this data and it had 3 numbers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)