HSC
hey guys
i do practise sc english comprehension questions
and i get like bad results.....its annoying.......any advice....cuz i really
wanna get ban 6 in it...
plz help

bored of sc

HSC
Usually the most obvious answer is the correct one. The answers are not there to trick you. If you logically and systematically work through them you will be okay. I must admit, multiple choice in english can be quite unfair (in that our interpretation of texts is a personal and subjective thing, who's to say that this technique has this particular effect?) and I battled with it during school certificate. It's just one of those things you have to live with.

Don't worry too much over it. You could better spend your time doing short answer and extended response style questions.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
4 options in MC.

1 is completely wrong, 1 is half right/wrong, 1 appears to be the best answer and 1 is the best answer. Note that i said "best answer" and not correct answer as sometimes the answers are subjective.

Use your gut to decide which one is the right answer.

Failing that, you should be able to find the completely wrong and half wrong options easily and rule them out. Then glare at the last 2 options for about 10s and just pick one. You basically have a 50% of getting it right. You can always mark the question if you're unsure and come back to it later - but do not waste your time on it!

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
4 options in MC.

1 is completely wrong, 1 is half right/wrong, 1 appears to be the best answer and 1 is the best answer. Note that i said "best answer" and not correct answer as sometimes the answers are subjective.

Use your gut to decide which one is the right answer.

Failing that, you should be able to find the completely wrong and half wrong options easily and rule them out. Then glare at the last 2 options for about 10s and just pick one. You basically have a 50% of getting it right. You can always mark the question if you're unsure and come back to it later - but do not waste your time on it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)