Scaling of text (1 Viewer)

Zelta-W

HSC
N/A
Do different texts get scaled for s3?

i had freaking dickinson to worry about...ending up writing 'place WITHIN nature and society'...i guess that'll be OKAY hopefully....but people who had skryznecki wouldve ALL ACEED IT FKING GG

yeah...so do they get scaled D:

HSC
i just didn;t wanna say society cause it didn;t sound like a place...so i said larger world haha

what poems u guys use?

HSC
Uni Grad
Different texts do not scale/align differently.
They do, I checked up raw marks on the raw marks section. The easier texts don't get aligned as much as the harder texts. I know of people who got the same total raw mark but a different score appearing on their HSC results as a result.

Zelta-W

HSC
N/A
i just didn;t wanna say society cause it didn;t sound like a place...so i said larger world haha

what poems u guys use?
i had been hungry [place in society => exclusion]
this is my letter [place in nature => inclusion]
saddest noise, sweetest noise [place in nature => exclusion]

thesis; belonging dependent on strength of connections...

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
They do, I checked up raw marks on the raw marks section. The easier texts don't get aligned as much as the harder texts. I know of people who got the same total raw mark but a different score appearing on their HSC results as a result.
Interesting.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
I think they just get aligned to a similar average

Idk but the reported averages/median for each text are ALWAYS almost the same, at most it's like 0.5 or something

khfreakau

HSC
I think they just get aligned to a similar average

Idk but the reported averages/median for each text are ALWAYS almost the same, at most it's like 0.5 or something
i can imagine that this was the case last year... the question was way too easy, so it wouldn't have mattered what text you did. our question was basically last year's but harder, so i imagine it would happen to a greater extent this year.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yeah, they do. :/
For paper 2 they do but i have never heard about section 3 of paper 1. I was always under the impression that paper 2 was aligned based on the results in paper 1.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Crucible would have to have positive option scaling, right? :/

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
For paper 2 they do but i have never heard about section 3 of paper 1. I was always under the impression that paper 2 was aligned based on the results in paper 1.
No.
The texts scale against each other and the difficulty of doing that text with the question, aligning never uses outside factors such as how people went in paper 1. What you said was kind of stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
so if this is the case, I assume Skrzynecki will not align/ scale (???) very well etc

whatever, just gonna aim to do my best

zxreth

HSC
you will never get scaled/aligned based on texts that's why they make the questions generic. Same case with paper 2 hence they have individual questions for each prescribed text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)