School certifcate marks.....*truthfully* (1 Viewer)

zombies

HSC
i see where you're coming from, but it's just ridiculous that i spent 1 week studding, while some people where not bothered and smashed my marks big time.
Although people may not have necessarily studied, they may just be good at learning things over the year, and just absorbing knowledge.. so in a way they did study.. subconsciously?

But seriously don't worry, a fair bit of SC is like skills and stuff, and there's some stuff you just can't study for.. you'll be fine for the HSC.

jnney

lemon
HSC
I got a band 5 in English when I was did SC. So sad lol. I thought I was doomed for life. But guess what, I ended up beating most of my grade in year 11, as well as our first year 12 exam not too long ago. SC doesn't give an indication of how well you will do in your senior years, unless you are willing to let it.

Don't dwell on it too much. So, you didn't do very well. It's time to move on, you can do better. :)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I got a band 5 in English when I was did SC. So sad lol. I thought I was doomed for life. But guess what, I ended up beating most of my grade in year 11, as well as our first year 12 exam not too long ago. SC doesn't give an indication of how well you will do in your senior years, unless you are willing to let it.

Don't dwell on it too much. So, you didn't do very well. It's time to move on, you can do better. :)
^ This all the way.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
If you are not already try to pick up on 3 hours of study a day in Year 11 and 4 hours sutdy in Year 12 MINIMUM. (If you are aiming for decent marks in HSC)
You don't need to study that much unless you want 99.5+ and aren't naturally talented.

I'll try take a pic of mine in a sec.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Efficiency> number of hours. However many hours you may need is a personal thing.

95-Plus

Temporary
HSC

If you can't read
English - 90
Maths - 99
Science - 89
Geo - 86
History - 98
Computers - 93

I studied for History, I didn't for Geography. You can see the difference.

i see where you're coming from, but it's just ridiculous that i spent 1 week studding, while some people where not bothered and smashed my marks big time.
Not everyone can be naturally gifted. For you and me, 1 week wouldn't be enough to actually get DECENT marks. I spent 1 month making 20 practice questions for history beforehand while doing 5 of the previous School Certificate maths tests. Plus if you still can, change your English to Advanced, if it's too hard then drop to standard in Year 12, it's worth trying in your situation IMO.

If it makes you feel better, I think some people are bullshitting their marks.

Attachments

Last edited:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
If it makes you feel better, I think some people are bullshitting their marks.
I don't know why people would do that?!
There's no point braggin' about fake SC results because in the end, SC will be irrelevant once the new year starts!

95-Plus

Temporary
HSC
I don't know why people would do that?!
There's no point braggin' about fake SC results because in the end, SC will be irrelevant once the new year starts!
E-Reputation in a studying forum.

Last edited:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
E-Reputation in a studying forum.
>> How bout' all of us Year 10ers start talkin' about preliminary issues rather than SC issues! Year 11 is soon to come (since Year 10 ended and why do we need to care anymore?!) and we need to prepare ourselves!

95-Plus

Temporary
HSC
>> How bout' all of us Year 10ers start talkin' about preliminary issues rather than SC issues! Year 11 is soon to come (since Year 10 ended and why do we need to care anymore?!) and we need to prepare ourselves!
I'm happy if they actually got those marks, but people saying they did bad when they get 99? Seriously?

95-Plus

Temporary
HSC
Hmm, look at it this way. Would you rather be known as the average Band 5 student, or a soaring genius with many high Band 6's.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm happy if they actually got those marks, but people saying they did bad when they get 99? Seriously?
Well, I say I did decent and above average I guess!
My only disappointment really was the low band 5 in English, otherwise I did well in my opinion with all my other subjects (considering I barely studied)!
Yeah, people are getting crazy over SC results which is plain stupid!
I think I need to start getting the preliminary thoughts into everyone's heads so we could all forget about bloody SC!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm, look at it this way. Would you rather be known as the average Band 5 student, or a soaring genius with many high Band 6's.
I don't really care, I posted my real results and that is truth! I don't wanna lie just to impress people, if I wanted to do that, I would have said I got 95+ in all the subjects!
SC is irrelevant once preliminary rankings start to show! In SC, we had to do subjects that we didn't like, in HSC it's a completely different story!
HSC, we can do whatever subjects we want so yeah!

95-Plus

Temporary
HSC
I don't really care, I posted my real results and that is truth! I don't wanna lie just to impress people, if I wanted to do that, I would have said I got 95+ in all the subjects!
SC is irrelevant once preliminary rankings start to show! In SC, we had to do subjects that we didn't like, in HSC it's a completely different story!
HSC, we can do whatever subjects we want so yeah!
Maybe you don't, but what about others?

OH1995

HSC
Lol i'm still waiting for my results. I seriously hope I get them today, then I will share them with you guys. Started studying for 3 unit maths yesterday, is that taking it too far if I want to get ahead by doing some of the Cambridge book already???

such_such

HSC
Seriously, I just looked at my SC results once and threw them to the other side of my room. Worrying about them will get you nowhere.

Lol i'm still waiting for my results. I seriously hope I get them today, then I will share them with you guys. Started studying for 3 unit maths yesterday, is that taking it too far if I want to get ahead by doing some of the Cambridge book already???
Nah, there are people probably doing 4U right this very instant. Everyone's doing accelerated everything so that's no surprise :L

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)