School 'failed to get me into law' (1 Viewer)

seetok

HSC
For someone aspiring to be a lawyer ... she should know that this case will fall through. Yes, the school is providing you a service, but unless you had a contracted agreement where they are guaranteeing you a specific mark the case won't hold. It's ridiculous plus she didn't even do her hsc at that school she did it at tafe. So it makes more sense to sue the tafe, but I'm assuming they were hoping that this wouldnt go to court but to get a settlement outside of court. Since they probably thought the school wouldn't want this to get out but since the case is dumb the school doesn't care, their rep isn't tarnished but her 's is.

theycallmebob

HSC
you may as well sue every sub-par public high school and the entire education system.

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
"I suck at school, mostly because i really couldn't care less.

i'm that girl who never studies and everyone screams when she gets a %92 percent in latin.

actually, everyone pretty much screamed when they saw I didn't fail all my tests.

lol but i intentionally failed french just to show that madamme armstrong can't teach for shit"

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
N/A
lol, even if she gets into law, her reputation is ruined forever. GL getting a job if you ever get into law (she wont get into law)

this is an excerpt
I suck at school, mostly because i really couldn't care less.

i'm that girl who never studies and everyone screams when she gets a %92 percent in latin.

actually, everyone pretty much screamed when they saw I didn't fail all my tests.

lol but i intentionally failed french just to show that madamme armstrong can't teach for shit

Last edited by a moderator:

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Words cannot describe how glad I am that she's not in Law. I can't imagine spending 5 years stuck in the nearby proximity of this girl.

HSC
N/A
lol, and she gets in

sue ALL THE LECTURERS/TUTORS for not getting 100 in everything

she seems the type to complain incessantly instead of taking responsibility for her actions.

GoForTheEyes

HSC
lol, even if she gets into law, her reputation is ruined forever. GL getting a job if you ever get into law (she wont get into law)
She wrote that in 2006, and she's 18 now. She shows better English skills than girls do on average at that age, and also shows probably an above average level of self awareness. Too, if she never studies but does better on tests than her classmates what does that tell you? She has high verbal abilities and would probably do fine at law - in the article it said she scored high in an IQ test but did poorly at maths (but law students don't require a high level of mathematical ability anyway.) The lawsuit is probably silly though..

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
She wrote that in 2006, and she's 18 now. She shows better English skills than girls do on average at that age, and also shows probably an above average level of self awareness. Too, if she never studies but does better on tests than her classmates what does that tell you? She has high verbal abilities and would probably do fine at law - in the article it said she scored high in an IQ test but did poorly at maths (but law students don't require a high level of mathematical ability anyway.) The lawsuit is probably retarded though..
How's that relevant to anything I just wrote? I was just talking about her reputation being ruined, did I say she was stupid?

Law is probably one of those professions where reputation is really important, do you think she'd be hired if her notoriority is stemmed from something like this, as opposed to being well known for other reasons? Like hard work, community involvement etc.

HSC
N/A
I hope she gets in just to prove you WRONG!
she'll be the laughing stock of the entire faculty if she got in

how can you respect someone who doesn't take responsibility for their own shortcomings?
and then SUE?

america is that way, gurl ---->

Debauchee

HSC
She shows better English skills than girls do on average at that age
There's an enormous chasm between 'above average' and usyd law

She has high verbal abilities and would probably do fine at law - in the article it said she scored high in an IQ test but did poorly at maths (but law students don't require a high level of mathematical ability anyway.) The lawsuit is probably silly though..
The mere fact that she is pursuing such a ridiculous lawsuit suggests she is extremely arrogant and immature, and her results really do suggest she isn't very hardworking.

I did relatively well on my hsc because I worked hard, but the workload and stress does not compare to university. If she couldn't hack hsc at a decent private school, then usyd law would have chewed her up and spit her out.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
By the way: Geelong Grammar is one of the most prestigious private schools in Australia. Prince Charles did a stint there in their Timbertop campus iirc.

Also remember: people often sue hoping for a $$$$$ windfall. So they are not being that silly. Whether or not they are being realistic about their prospects of a win, that's another matter.

Last edited:

ibbybiby

HSC
Suing just because you can't get into the course of your choice? I never knew that was guaranteed, what ever school you went to.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
This thread is about the topic of the news article. Personal information, including photos and social media accounts will be deleted and lead to infractions.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
This thread is about the topic of the news article. Personal information, including photos and social media accounts will be deleted and lead to infractions.
WHY?

It is highly relevant to this thread and the topic at hand. Why is it deleted? It's not there to bully/harass another user. You keeping the content there means that whatever I linked was nothing incriminating (necessarily) at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)