School Rankings 2011 (1 Viewer)

Flamethrower

HSC
Inform me when the top 500 school list is released so i can have a big lulz

Inform me when the top 500 school list is released so i can have a lulz + satiate curiorsity about how my school rank has probaly dropped.

DforDANNY

HSC
Uni Grad
Good f**king work Canley Vale High School at 93

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
is a school with a mid-last 300's rank ok?

the_Ipt_flunker

HSC
Yep Ruse 2011, for the last 6 years has been know as the weakest in history, but we still came first. WOOHOO! And for those doing the HSC in 2012, the next year coming is the BEST we've ever had, so Ruse won't be losing their No. 1 spot for some time coming. :) Good Luck RUSE 2012!
Ruse 12 is the strongest cohort...!!! So much pressure...

Motvoo

HSC
Sydney Tech 23rd!!! YESSS!!!
We did a good job.
Tech Pride World Wide!

cssftw

HSC
The percentage is number of band 6's divided by number of attempts.

My school dropped quite a bit and my grade's a lot weaker than this years.
that's pretty damn bs -- what if hypothetically, an entire cohort gets 89's for every single subject, and every student in the cohort has 89 (i.e. NO BAND 6'S IN THE COHORT). And then there's a school that has 20 band6's but every one else has BAND2'S?

Are you saying the latter school will be ranked higher than the first school (with the 89's)

pretty damn bs

D94

HSC
N/A
This grade is known to be one of the poorest cohorts for many years - apparently, the 2012 grade is the best in years so we'll see what happens.
m8.... Our ATARs have been pretty good so far. It should be noted that there were heaps of 89s in the cohort, but that doesn't correlate onto the rankings.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
that's pretty damn bs -- what if hypothetically, an entire cohort gets 89's for every single subject, and every student in the cohort has 89 (i.e. NO BAND 6'S IN THE COHORT). And then there's a school that has 20 band6's but every one else has BAND2'S?

Are you saying the latter school will be ranked higher than the first school (with the 89's)

pretty damn bs
In reality, all schools suffer the same problem with a decent proportion of 89s. The rankings should not be interpreted as an indicator of school performance. The ranks are only built based on publicly available information. They should only be interpreted as a list of schools ranked according to number of top bands achieved. Nothing more.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Just put up top 50 for Maths and English :)

See the smh paper for the full list.

Ruse is not first in English this year. However, it still remains in the top 5 with Sydney Girls, Moriah College, Sydney Boys and Baulkham Hills. Ruse also just piped the top in Maths over North Sydney Boys by a small margin with a remarkable 91.98% (only 26 attempts did not score the top band in mathematics).

lucyc19

HSC
The percentage is number of band 6's divided by number of attempts.

My school dropped quite a bit and my grade's a lot weaker than this years.
It's such a silly system though because it doesn't take into to account the difficulty of courses - an average ATAR would be the only accurate way, but they're private.

Aravind5

HSC
manly have been doing well the past few years... anyone know y?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)