School Stats on Arab Males (1 Viewer)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Okay... According to stats published by the board, Arab males are the second worst performing group in the HSC across the state...

Now, i was wondering, what are the arab males in here doing (or have done) I know this'll probaly cause alot of confusion and stuff but i want to know if the stats are true for users on this site...

Ill start...

I'm doing 4u English, 2u Maths, Modern History, Drama, Chemistry...

N.B. By arabs i mean, arabs, persians, assyrians, etc. everyone from that region.

santaslayer

HSC
i take it that ur arab?......well u could helplift that statistic couldnt u?...LoLz

whos da worse group...and whos da best?

m1nx

HSC
can't really contribute to the dicussion at hand atm considering i'm not arab or male (heh, heh), but I do have a slightly relevant story. (!) this reminds me of this one time when a few friends and I caught a cab to brighton past midnight-ish and the taxi driver had this gorgeous accent that sounded like a mix bw german and french and spanish plus a hint of something exotic all at once. anyways, we asked him where he was from and he said guess, it's somewhere in Asia. so there we were for the entire trip naming EVERY, SINGLE, ASIAN, COUNTRY there freaking was(!), but by the time we got to brighton we still hadn't guessed it. and you know where he came from? SIRIA! wtf?!?! had to have an argument before we handed over the money, but his categorisation was on the basis that siria is a part of asia because of some historical technicality. (to this day i still don't believe it, but i still haven't bothered to check it out). he was messing with our heads, i tell you!

ANYHOW. the point is, that, er ... arabs and asians have something in common? ;) :eek:

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
My english teacher rattled them off a sheet... i dont actually know.. indigenous males are the statistically worst performing group... (said w/o prejudice)

m1nx

HSC
Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
yes... SYRIA (with a Y) is in asia, and so is Lebanon....
i stand corrected, sYria then. although my point was that generally speaking, most of the arabs I know wouldn't generally classify themselves as asian.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by Will_Sparky
My english teacher rattled them off a sheet... i dont actually know.. indigenous males are the statistically worst performing group... (said w/o prejudice)
If its a statistic its hardly a racial slur/prejudice.

I know a persian that should get around 99. Seems persians are an exception to the rule eh;-)

m1nx

HSC
Originally posted by Will_Sparky
I think alot of them like to class the arab world as a seperate continent... :)
and by having so many of them constantly acting as though it truly IS, leads people like me to almost regard it as that ;)

m1nx

HSC
i am proud to say.. i am ASIAN!! and hopefully smart like one!
haha. ME TOO! although from the general consensus from my school, it seems as though i'm actually in a "non-category" because filipinos aren't "really" asian (besides it from being within the asia pacific vicinity and all) cause, you know, i ain't oriental enough :p;)

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
anyways... i am a leb GIRL.. doing 4u maths, chem, bio, adv english and 2u religion.
i am proud to say.. i am ASIAN!! and hopefully smart like one!
so what nationality are you?

SaRAHHann05

lol i know a gyp who got 100.. and a whole heap who are in med, pharmacy (pfftt there ALL in pharmacy) and optom!! they do pretty well..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)