• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Science and Math vs Humanities and the Arts (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
more to know in science/maths than there is in history tho :D
I don't understand this attitude of always trying to go one better and be-littling subjects that you don't study. To be perfectly honest i don't think i have enough knowledge of maths to argue over something like this and i don't think you have enough knowledge of history to make such a statement.

i'm not trying to start you or anything, i just don't get this kind of mentality

Last edited:

google5678

HSC
Maths and Science are my favorate subjects. :balloon:
English and the other Arts subjects confuse me. The humanities are interesting but nearly all the teachers at my school are bad.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I've done enough of HSC history to know what is, including history extension (not as an actual subject, but through other means)...and I'm just supporting my opinion

lol, i'm not talking about history and maths at high school or even uni level, im talking about the discipline as a whole. I don't think i worded what i wrote before properly, what i mean is that i don't think either of us are at any kind of level of academia to say things like that, i don't know enough about either math or history and neither do you. It's not because we are stupid or anything but because we are simply novices. Sorry if i offended you, but i do think it's strange that people always try to put their interest on a pedestal above everyone else's, i guess its just inherit that we like to think of our interests as more valuable or testing or interesting than those of others because we want to show how much we can achieve...

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
it's going to be about what we study in school, and maybe university, but focussed on school....
Every forum has its little adventures into the realm of the philosophical, the hyperthetical, the thematic, and the rest of the world, at some point. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)