science degrees (1 Viewer)

kim_

do i need maths for a science degree?? i do mathematics but its not gunna count in my uai

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Would be a great idea to have it.

Depends what you want. If you want an IT, computer science, engineering, physics or maths degree, you'd want to be doing well in 2u maths.

There's no pre-requisites, though, so if you think you'll be able to cope with the levels of maths in your degree, then that's all you need.

You can always take a maths bridging course if you want, too.

who_loves_maths

I wanna be a nebula too!!
somewhere amidst the nebulaic cloud of your heart
HSC
Originally Posted by fairydust
do i need maths for a science degree?? i do mathematics but its not gunna count in my uai
i think the basic requirement for any major in a science degree at uni is 2u maths? i'd encourage you to try a little harder and hopefully get at least 2 units of maths to count toward your UAI... it won't look good for you if you have 0 maths units in your UAI score when you apply for a B.Sc. because all majors in a tertiary science degree at uni will require you to undertake at least some very basic maths courses in the first year/semester.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
who_loves_maths said:
i think the basic requirement for any major in a science degree at uni is 2u maths? i'd encourage you to try a little harder and hopefully get at least 2 units of maths to count toward your UAI... it won't look good for you if you have 0 maths units in your UAI score when you apply for a B.Sc. because all majors in a tertiary science degree at uni will require you to undertake at least some very basic maths courses in the first year/semester.
No, they don't.

kim_

yeah i do maths, but theres no way that it will ever count in my uai im too behind in it, but i wna do med science or physiotherapy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)