Science Game (2 Viewers)

suzlee

HSC
pwoh said:
D?

Name & describe 7 chemical general equations you have learnt, including examples.

Can I just do one? :p You mean the reactions, right??

Combination reaction - two substances react to produce one new substance
eg. Mg + O => MgO

dc1337

HSC
XShiv:

the equation is:

n2 + o2 > 2no

so therefore the answer is d

The theory of evolution is changes in an organism from simpler form to a more complex form in a long geological period of time. The theory of natural selection is that organisms which have hereditary (passed from generation to generation) characteristics which are favourable in the environment are more likely to survive and reproduce. Because of natural selection, these traits will become more common and therefore, this organism has evolved.

2Mg + O2 > 2MgO
2HCl + MG > H2 + MgCl2
2KI + Pb(NO3)2 > 2KNO3 + 2PbI
2HCl + CaCO3 > CO2 + H2O + CaCl2

What is meant by the term crustal plate movement?
What are some of the features found at crustal plate boundaries?

Last edited:

suzlee

HSC
dc1337 said:
XShiv:

the equation is:

n2 + o2 > 2no

so therefore the answer is d

The theory of evolution is changes in an organism from simpler form to a more complex form in a long geological period of time. The theory of natural selection is that organisms which have hereditary (passed from generation to generation) characteristics which are favourable in the environment are more likely to survive and reproduce. Because of natural selection, these traits will become more common and therefore, this organism has evolved.

2Mg + O2 > 2MgO
2HCl + MG > H2 + MgCl2
2KI + Pb(NO3)2 > 2KNO3 + 2PbI
2HCl + CaCO3 > CO2 + H2O + CaCl2

What is meant by the term crustal plate movement?
What are some of the features found at crustal plate boundaries?

arghhhh that's year 9 stuff, right? :(

dc1337

HSC
I got no idea, we weren't taught it. But it was in the revision booklet the teacher gave us. :|

suzlee

HSC
dc1337 said:
I got no idea, we weren't taught it. But it was in the revision booklet the teacher gave us. :|

cos I cannot remember a single thing about tectonic plates

I better go study for it now..

Kabuzo01

HSC
Lolz Science Game... breach of copyright!!!! o.0 Anyways it would be weird if we had a thread called Spelling Game... People would be like how do you spell English.... and like yeah.... o.o I'm bored and sick of science atm T.T I've been studying it for many days already =P

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Kabuzo01 said:
Lolz Science Game... breach of copyright!!!! o.0 Anyways it would be weird if we had a thread called Spelling Game... People would be like how do you spell English.... and like yeah.... o.o I'm bored and sick of science atm T.T I've been studying it for many days already =P
Haha spelling game...nah, it's not that important, should be focusing on other things.

And I wouldn't be able to participate because Firefox has that built-in spell-checker thing :p

Kabuzo01

HSC
pwoh said:
Haha spelling game...nah, it's not that important, should be focusing on other things.

And I wouldn't be able to participate because Firefox has that built-in spell-checker thing :p

Lolz what i meant was like:

Person 1: How do you spell English?
Person 2: English.

Person 1: Correct.

I meant like that lolz like you can see how it is spelt like ^_^

suzlee

HSC
Kabuzo01 said:

hehehe I'm a criminal now :)

suzlee

HSC
dc1337 said:
"back on topic"

What are the disadvantages of bio-technology?

Ethnic problems can arise due to some groups of people believing it to be against nature to artificially create life...

Question, what exactly IS biotechnology???? Is it manipulating genes?

Kabuzo01

HSC
suzlee said:
Ethnic problems can arise due to some groups of people believing it to be against nature to artificially create life...

Question, what exactly IS biotechnology???? Is it manipulating genes?

genetic modification/manipulation I think

suzlee

HSC
Kabuzo01 said:
genetic modification/manipulation I think

Okay

Q. Explain the expression 'survival of the fittest'.

dc1337

HSC
survival of the fittest, aka natural selection theory, is that organisms which have hereditary (passed from generation to generation) characteristics which are favourable in the environment are more likely to survive and reproduce.

How old is the earth?
How long has life been on the earth?

Kabuzo01

HSC
dc1337 said:
survival of the fittest, aka natural selection theory, is that organisms which have hereditary (passed from generation to generation) characteristics which are favourable in the environment are more likely to survive and reproduce.

How old is the earth?
How long has life been on the earth?
1. 4.5billion years old?
2. 3.8 billion years?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)