Science TO Adv. Science (1 Viewer)

raining.silver

HSC
N/A
How hard is it to tranfer from B. Science to Adv. Science @ usyd after the first semester? Impossible?
If not after first sem, then after first year..?
do they accept second years in adv. science?

would appreciate ur sensible replies

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Just satisfy the requirements for an adv science degree (i.e. sufficient science subjects, credit average) and you should get an adv science degree.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Just to clarify the above post, there is no need to transfer because all the science courses at USyd are the same. If you've completed the requirements of adv science in your degree, you will get adv science on your testamur. Otherwise you get just science.

raining.silver

HSC
N/A
Thank you for your replies
To templar: oh is that true..? well i assume your right but may i ask then, why is there a seperate course as in with such differences in UAI if they are considered the same? one is above 90 and other is above 80

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I thought they both resulted in B Sc on your testamur, yet with advanced science you're locked into honours from the second you commence provided you maintain a 70 wam?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Thank you for your replies
well i assume your right but may i ask then, why is there a seperate course as in with such differences in UAI if they are considered the same? one is above 90 and other is above 80
To lure gullible high school students into their programs of course.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I thought they both resulted in B Sc on your testamur, yet with advanced science you're locked into honours from the second you commence provided you maintain a 70 wam?
That's the case at UNSW. USyd honours isn't necessary to receive a BSc.

raining.silver

HSC
N/A
thanks guys for replying
but im a still a lil confused here..
So there isnt a significance difference between them? but i still dunt get why one would be so much higher.. so its just something to do with honours which make that difference?
and so u do not(or cant) /do (can) to transfer? um sorry if im asking obvious Qs but yeh wud be great if i could actually find out what is the Main difference.. cus dere wud surely b sum course wise ... (seeing from the big UAI gap, but if 'survivor39' &'templar' is right then well.. that wud b a bad thing for me)

Last edited:

spence

HSC
thanks guys for replying
but im a still a lil confused here..
So there isnt a significance difference between them? but i still dunt get why one would be so much higher.. so its just something to do with honours which make that difference?
and so u do not(or cant) /do (can) to transfer? um sorry if im asking obvious Qs but yeh wud be great if i could actually find out what is the Main difference.. cus dere wud surely b sum course wise ... (seeing from the big UAI gap, but if 'survivor39' &'templar' is right then well.. that wud b a bad thing for me)
UAI gap doesn't necessarily imply there's a significant difference. For eg.in a BA you can do pretty much exactly the same thing as in a BA (Psychology), and there's about a 15 point UAI difference

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
You could transfer but I presume it is an internal transfer rather than going through UAC (which would just be a waste of money).

Talk to the faculty office. Just don't ask why there are two separate degrees.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
You could transfer but I presume it is an internal transfer rather than going through UAC (which would just be a waste of money).

Talk to the faculty office. Just don't ask why there are two separate degrees.
Internal transfer is 75WAM and ability to enrol in sufficient advanced units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)