Science Transition Workshop (1 Viewer)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Saturday 24th Feb 2007.

Anyone?

I'll be there probably in one of the Chemistry groups.

(and does anyone know if these things are actually worthwhile?)

LostAuzzie

HSC
I went to this last year, It was definitely worthwhile just to meet some people doing your subjects before uni starts.

tennille

HSC
Also went in 05. It was ok for meeting new people but the lunch was horrible. Bloody pumpkin sandwiches. :S

tennille

HSC
We met at the Eastern Avenue Auditorium near Carslaw. I'm not sure if it's the same this year.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
pumpkin sandwiches?!?!?! that's horrid.

are they gonna send us some sort of confirmation letter or something with final details to say they've received our application perhaps?

americanshoes

HSC
It wasn't just pumpkin sandwhiches? that might have been the vegetarian option.... they also had chicken and fish rolls which were nice

Libbster

HSC
lol i remember when i went last year i thought i'd be getting pumpkin sandwiches but they had tuna & salad, chicken & salad or just plain salad, plus nice chocolate muffins. go for the trivia, it's so much fun.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
You guys meet in the Ante Room for registration, which is near the Great Hall, which is in the Quad.

You'll be given showbags on the day. Not too sure what's in them though.

Tennille: I wonder as a committee member, whether I can get any free SciSoc T shirts :p But seeing the T shirt is only good for the fortnightly BBQ for which I'll get free sausages anyway, it seems rather pointless.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
free sausagges?! man i want free sausages!!!

transition is defnitely worth it... but lunch is a horrid, i agree..

Libbster

HSC
don't bother going to scisoc bbq's. i went once and i got the shittest "sausage" sandwich i'd ever eaten in my entire life. the sausage was full of bone chips and one side was all burnt black, and plus they didn't have enough tomato sauce :mad1:

americanshoes

HSC
hate to drag this on, but the lunch was awesome in 2005! in fact, at every formal science faculty event i've been to (transition workshop, TSP events) the lunch has been pretty good, and they're always run by the marketing department, they must know some good caterers. don't know where this horrid lunch things comes from...

tennille

HSC
Well, you can't tell me a pumpkin sandwich is nice? Maybe a bad batch. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)