SDDer's Unite! (1 Viewer)

ismeta

HSC
I am also doing the documentation in LaTeX for the professional edge.

Slightly off-topic, but I did that for my IPT documentation. It was painful because I was learning it as I went, and I spent hours debugging the formatting, but the end result was pretty. :D

And I'm envious, my school hasn't run a SDD class since 2009/2010 because...well...of low demand. Since we're a girls-only school.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Second girl SDDer I have seen. Would like to see more people doing this subject! It's quite fun!

RushDawgs

HSC
Uni Grad
I could offer the code for the piano program I made for my year 11 major

ismeta

HSC
Oh, I don't do SDD :( I lament about not being able to do it quite often. Not enough demand -> no SDD class. That said, I get my programming kicks elsewhere - like the NCSS Challenge, that was fun.

IPT was the closest (in a...not really close sort of way) I could get to a computing subject, so I did it. Would've much preferred SDD. D:
/lament

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Oh, I don't do SDD :( I lament about not being able to do it quite often. Not enough demand -> no SDD class. That said, I get my programming kicks elsewhere - like the NCSS Challenge, that was fun.

IPT was the closest (in a...not really close sort of way) I could get to a computing subject, so I did it. Would've much preferred SDD. D:
/lament
Did NCSS Challenge last year, I was ranking in the top for year 10 but then I got lazy and didn't keep up to date with the few last weeks of the challenges

ahdil33

HSC
SDD is awesome. Why is your ultimate aim 93 for SDD? I'm sure you can get a 95+ if you really study , from what people at my school got last year

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Did NCSS Challenge last year, I was ranking in the top for year 10 but then I got lazy and didn't keep up to date with the few last weeks of the challenges

/lament
Make sure you both apply for the NCSS summer school :D

(I'm currently wearing my 2010 summer school tshirt)

ismeta

HSC

Already done in 2011 and 2012. :D If you are who I think you are, you were in my group for '11. Hai!

Did it last year, too. Persevered (I did the Advanced stream) until I got to the last week and couldn't complete two questions. ;( Missed out on an HD. Embedded was comparatively easy though.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC

I'm kind of keen on taking up coding again even though I don't do any computer related courses in year 11, what do you do at the NCSS summer school?

Gigacube

HSC
I'm kind of keen on taking up coding again even though I don't do any computer related courses in year 11, what do you do at the NCSS summer school?
NCSS summer school is amazing! You are either in the Python stream where you create a social network with your group or you are in the embedded stream. You can read more about it here. I highly recommend you apply for the 2013 NCSS summer school when the applications open. You also get to meet people from all around Australia which is pretty cool.

You should also check out the NCSS challenge. It starts in August and it's a great way to learn more about programming.

huynguyencab

HSC
I received my project's mark yesterday and i got full marks. It wasn't what I expected, so I find it a bit shocking.

Spiral: How's the tutor mate?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I received my project's mark yesterday and i got full marks. It wasn't what I expected, so I find it a bit shocking.

Spiral: How's the tutor mate?
Nice mate. :)

Still deciding, SDD is one of those subjects where things are quite unpredictable since not many people do the subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)