Second major from outside Science faculty? (1 Viewer)

SoresuMakashi

HSC
Does anyone know whether this is allowed? In degrees like Business and Arts, you can take an "external" major. I really want to take a major from the Arts faculty as part of a BSc.(Adv.), but I'm really not sure if it will be properly recognised.

I know I could just do a combined BA/BSc., which I'm also considering, but this would shave off a year.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I sent them an email about this and this is what they replied with:
Dear Matthew,

Thank you for your email and interest in studying at USYD.

No, unfortunately – if you wish to pursue a double major within our Bachelor of Science (Adv), both will have to be from the same degree.

SoresuMakashi

HSC
I sent them an email about this and this is what they replied with:
Dear Matthew,

Thank you for your email and interest in studying at USYD.

No, unfortunately – if you wish to pursue a double major within our Bachelor of Science (Adv), both will have to be from the same degree.
Wow thanks for the quick and concise reply. I know Macquarie Uni allows students to do an external major, but I'm not sure if I trust its science department enough to choose it over USyd. Oh well, combined degree sounds great as well! Who knows, I might be able to pull some strings with TSP.

Lol and I actually wanted to go for a triple major :D (I did the calculations: it fits)

shakky

HSC
I'm doing a combined BSc/BA, and planning to go for the triple major. I know its one more year, but hey you get 2 degrees with 3 majors. I say why not :)

SoresuMakashi

HSC
I'm doing a combined BSc/BA, and planning to go for the triple major. I know its one more year, but hey you get 2 degrees with 3 majors. I say why not :)
Wow, same here! The plan is Maths, Physics, and Philosophy!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
You knew you could just do a BA and major in Maths/Physics and Philosophy, right?

And you can still do SSP (maybe TSP).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)