Second thoughts on my 07 Subbies (3 Viewers)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
Conversely, I can argue that without English, there would be no way to convey the object that is phytoplankton.
Without Science, you cannot convey what you said to us ;) well, unless you walk directly to us and say that :rofl:

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Without science we would still be cavemens, hunting rather than doing the HSC. (hum...i think i would rather hunt).

Science and english interact together to give us a interesting and more us more understanding.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
english is as important as science..lol is it? they both rock but eng is sorta easier in some aspects harder in a loot more lol i would prefer to stick to subjects with no essays lol..tho in the hsc i did write 8 pages for an 8 mark Q in both bio and chem lol

Kujah

HSC
N/A
undalay said:
Biology
I like science, but Chemistry and physics more then Biology and doing all 3 sciences has been advised against from my peers. Workload + too much repetition of work.
Why is it been advised against to do it? According to other people, the workload isn't that much if you have good time management, and there isn't much repetition of work (cept for the beginning of year 11 where you revise what u learnt in yr 10). Like I said before, the three sciences interconnect, and there would be some information that you have learnt in one science that will benefit you in another. So all the way with science :D

lacklustre

HSC
Those three science subjects complement each other and the information will be easier to reinforce. You will also gain a wider understanding of science as a whole. For some reason many people don't do biology but I don't get it. (because of scaling???)

sen00

HSC
sdd is great!, we had this teacher, who let us play games all the time and we only studied for tests at home before the exams for like a week. the theory is heaps repetitive, like, really what it comes down to in the actual hsc is for you to be able to bs and bs well. my class had not done any homework or classwork for 2 entire years and we had obtained 5/15 band 6s, and 10/15 band 5s.

undalay

HSC
a couple of questions/some more info on me

I've already picked up SDD and i want to drop it asap, but how many times can i change subjects within the first 2 weeks? eg can i go from SDD->ECO->BIO->HISTORY->PD?
Secondly, someone just generally tell me what they teach in eco.

For uni courses; i've thought about a few courses;

Advanced Science
Nutrition (Requires bio)
Law/Eco, Commerce, Science, Business

Last edited:

slowjam10

HSC
Jachie said:
I don't know, I guess that would depend on how your school works. We've got four weeks to trial all our subjects, however there are some that I want to chang ASAP (like you with SDD). :)

What subjects are you thinking about changing Jachie?

fluffycake

HSC
As long as you enjoy your subjects, the workload should be bearable.
Interest should always be a major factor in deciding subjects. Think about it, when you're in yr 12 cramming everynight for the HSC, you wanna spend those hours studying subjects you have an interest in.

Good luck!

Fluffycakes xox

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
5 subject changes, I don't think so.

You should be able to change once from a few subjects but no more once you change you should be happy and that should be it.

cs01001

HSC
Subjects that I will be definitely doing are Advance English, 3 Maths, Economics, Geography. Ones that I am uncertain of are Chemistry, and Business Studies. People tell me Chemistry is real hard, and that business studies scales shit. I am kinda confused, I am thinking of replacing Business with Modern, Physics with Chemistry. Any suggestions?

Evergreen

HSC
all sciences require alot of memorization but i think physics and chem its only concepts, not really alot of detail. i dunno why people to history... who cares about the past lol, but its your choice really. i reckon chem is alot like algebra so if ur good at that, then chem should be fine.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
cs01001 said:
Subjects that I will be definitely doing are Advance English, 3 Maths, Economics, Geography. Ones that I am uncertain of are Chemistry, and Business Studies. People tell me Chemistry is real hard, and that business studies scales shit. I am kinda confused, I am thinking of replacing Business with Modern, Physics with Chemistry. Any suggestions?
Your choice. It depends on what interests you. People tell you that Chemistry is hard, but that's their opinion. You won't entirely know until you have tried and experience it. Don't worry about scaling that much, that shouldn't determine what you want to do this year. You don't want to do a subject that scales high but you won't enjoy. You'll ultimately regret that.

Evergreen said:
all sciences require alot of memorization but i think physics and chem its only concepts, not really alot of detail. i dunno why people to history... who cares about the past lol, but its your choice really. i reckon chem is alot like algebra so if ur good at that, then chem should be fine.
You won't need to memorise if you fully understand the concepts :) People do History because they find it enjoyable, and it interests them. They might find essay-writing and History-ing easier than say, Physics or Chemistry

cs01001

HSC
Evergreen said:
. i dunno why people to history... who cares about the past lol, but its your choice really.
So true, lol

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Then we'd never known about how Hitler's moustache is so seksy. Haha, LottoX, you;re very quiet now ;)

On-topic: Do Biology :)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Do Biology? DO BIOLOGY? You cannot be trying to convince someone to pick up a science. Over Eco! ECO!

breakdownz

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
NOOOO do bio lol...or do eco then swap to bio it is soo much better...my advice ehre would be look at past papers etc and see what intrests u more...then do that one but i wouldnt swap subjects more than 2 times its just too much effort

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Biology FTW.

It's obvious Science > Social Science.

*coughs* or Modern History

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)