Section 1: Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

hipPo3

HSC
Kutar Maggi said:
number 1 is B u stupid
1. As Human Reasource Manager of a new business, Kim believes productivity will be increased if he organises his employees into teams.

What management thoery is Kin Adopting?

it's D because of productivity .. that's what scientific approach is about.

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
hipPo3 said:
1. As Human Reasource Manager of a new business, Kim believes productivity will be increased if he organises his employees into teams.

What management thoery is Kin Adopting?

it's D because of productivity .. that's what scientific approach is about.
OK seriously, its not hard to see that 1 is B, it says organises into teams now i dont know any scientific theory that uses teams, and certainly the syllabus talks about division of labour in scientific so its definately behavioural.

hipPo3

HSC
skyrockets1530 said:
OK seriously, its not hard to see that 1 is B, it says organises into teams now i dont know any scientific theory that uses teams, and certainly the syllabus talks about division of labour in scientific so its definately behavioural.
Do you know what scientific thoery is ? .. yea .. i thought it was Behavoural .. but when i saw productivity i thought scientific.

--
seriously i think it's scientific. Because scientific envolves anything to increase productivity ..

Last edited:

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
hipPo3 said:
Do you know what scientific thoery is ? .. yea .. i thought it was Behavoural .. but when i saw productivity i thought scientific.

--
seriously i think it's scientific. Because scientific envolves anything to increase productivity ..
All i know is what the syllabus tells me:
Classical-Scientific:
- Management as planning, organising, controlling
- Hierarchical organisational structures based on division of labour
- Autocratic leadership style
Behavioural:
- Management as leading, motivating, communicating
- Flat organisational structures, teams
- Participative leadership style

Based on the syllabus it is more definately Behavioural

hipPo3

HSC
It doesn't give any information about structure. Is it possible both answers are acceptable ?

Kabeio

k.
HSC
hipPo3 said:

--
umm yes scientific theory increases producitvity, but that is also the goal of behavioural theory which believes producitvity is further achieved thorugh utilising teams

tomcats

HSC
q1 is definitely b, i asked my business teacher who is a hsc head marker, and he agreed with me.

dblanche

HSC
Q1 I is (D) because the scientific management theory raises productivity

How can it be (B)

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Yeah, I'm the dumbass who chose political. I saw "groups" and just went a bit crazy I guess. And technically, all management theories are designed to increase productivity.

hipPo3

HSC
tomcats said:
q1 is definitely b, i asked my business teacher who is a hsc head marker, and he agreed with me.
He can't be your teacher and a head marker.

I still think it's D. Can some Uni student that's doing business please enlighten us on Q 1.

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
As Logain said, all theories focus on increasing productivity, no manger would implement a theory that directly reduces productivity. Therefore when we look at the second bit of information, the 'teams' it is clearly behavioural, my teacher agreed with me.

tomcats

HSC
hipPo3 said:
He can't be your teacher and a head marker.

I still think it's D. Can some Uni student that's doing business please enlighten us on Q 1.
i guess you will just have to face the reality sometimes

ss1

HSC
N/A
Logain said:
Yeah, I'm the dumbass who chose political. I saw "groups" and just went a bit crazy I guess. And technically, all management theories are designed to increase productivity.
im with you logain, i just had this brain storm and put political because of 'structure as coalitions' ... what the fuck was i thinking lmaoo oo well

acast29

HSC
Ummm peoples the answer for 15 is actually C, seeking venture capital. If you use an overdraft your liquidity will get worse because you're BORROWING short term funds. Venture capital will allow for the business to gain equity finance thus improving the liquidity position.

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
man wish i could be bitching about answers but hsc is over and I dont really care any more :cool: :cool: :cool:

get over it peeps its only 1 mark dam

Moonlite

HSC
Well, it seems like I got 18/20. I'm still a bit confused about Q17 though... I thought it would be either B or D... turned out to be A. Darn it.

MarsBarz

HSC
Some questions which seem to be causing conflict (haha)

1 is B. Behavioural organises workers into teams. I read the textbook last night, I'm sure of this. I could see how some might have put down C, since political organises the business into coalitions but that is wrong. The different stakeholders are defined as being different coalitions. Thus employees would be a whole coalition. That doesn't mean that they're broken up into teams though. They are just ONE COALITION, and the question claimed they were organised into teams. And well, it's obviously not the other two choices.

13 is C, the other choices do not fit.

15 is of course D.

17 is A. Arbitration is legally binding thus the answer cannot be B. Fuckoff.

19 is A, even though I put B in the exam. I didn't notice that the columns had the two headings "Aussie Hat Company" and "Overseas subsidiary". Thus I thought the entire column was about "Aussie Hat Company". Fucking stupid mistake... that question would have been a ridiculously easy mark.

20 ? I put D but I wasn't sure between B or D. I'm still unsure.

Overall I either got 18 or 19 out of 20.

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
haha, thanks MarsBarz, that should settle some things.

20 is B as inappropriate cutoff periods involve the reporting of expenses in different accounting periods than in which they occur as to show that more profit has occured in a given quarter. Thus it should be B.

I got 18/20 - made a stupid mistake calculating gross profit on one of em.

desai

HSC
1. B
17. B
20. D
those are my answers. dont fuck with them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)