Section 1 - Stimulus (1 Viewer)

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
a) stupid time management. Took section 1 too slow, and wrote too much for the 2 markers, picture, i just said sailence+position of the letter "place" indicates that a connection to place leads to belonging for an individual, image furthers' this idea by snipets of different landscape

e) what did people write for e? i did last two and only got 2 pages down on it :'( :'(
I like the Brooklyn one but :), i said how the author uses lots of juxtaposition to show how belonging+identity go hand in hand, like she belongs to elisnnocrothe and so her identity is based around that, but in Brooklyn she is just a "ghost"
and for the Jack one, i just said how a deep connection to place is needed for a holistic sense of identity, but jack realises he is "lost" and hasn't peeled back the "exterior of society['s]" he's visited and so doesn't have an identity as the "huge hungry world" demands alot of understanding to develop a connection to place
how many marks you recon? say i included some more techniques, this was just the main point, can anyone suggest whats needed for 5 marks, thanks :D
b) what did you put for this......cause it was how are personal insights into belonging conved.....o_O at personal insigts...i just said relaxed language and examples help convey it, and because each speaker draws a conclusion that helps convey...i was unsure

gl tmrw, hopefully jeane eather doesn't release anymore news statements.....
2 pages is enough if you have normal handwriting, altho i'll be honest and say that i somehow managed to write 3 and a bit, probs cos I was writing huge, like 5-7 words a line max

they usually expect 1.5-2, bare minimum of 1 page

Yeah um if you named and explained your techniques you might get 4-5, I only see 1 technique in there so hopefully you said stuff like metaphor/personification/symbolism or whatever with those examples. Personally I said in Jack's, anaphora + tricolon of "Again... again.. again" + accumulation of places "Australia, Asia" etc. + personification of huge hungry + alliteration/plosives of bb whatever the phrase was... etc. similar idea as you -> like overwhelmed/consumed by the wider world + lack of a significant/strong connection to a single place. Brooklyn, changing tenses etc., imagining the future/past + negative connotations/lack of emotions associated with the present, ellipses indicating thought/reflection or whatever, repetition of over and over, etc.

b) I said first person + connotations of family or familiarity/personal indications/observations or something e.g. neighbourhoods, Dad etc. = personal

silence--

HSC
e) what did people write for e? i did last two and only got 2 pages down on it :'( :'(
I like the Brooklyn one but :), i said how the author uses lots of juxtaposition to show how belonging+identity go hand in hand, like she belongs to elisnnocrothe and so her identity is based around that, but in Brooklyn she is just a "ghost"
and for the Jack one, i just said how a deep connection to place is needed for a holistic sense of identity, but jack realises he is "lost" and hasn't peeled back the "exterior of society['s]" he's visited and so doesn't have an identity as the "huge hungry world" demands alot of understanding to develop a connection to place
how many marks you recon? say i included some more techniques, this was just the main point, can anyone suggest whats needed for 5 marks, thanks :D
yeah i think this ok, i think i had similar stuff + added in techniques and quotes and shit. hoping for at least 4/5, hopefully 5 :L

also for part (b) i said first person...and i can't remember what else. haha

yours

HSC
I didn't like the transcript because there weren't many techniques you could pluck out... I said the 'use of speakers' as one... Uhh right. I did the image and text 3 for the question e and it was good. The image seemed really lame but there was a lot to say on the small painted images in some of the squares, since those things were actually real art (unlike the amateurish box-thing the BOS made with some powerpoint-style gradient fills)

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
if i didnt talk much bout techniques then does that mean i fukd up?
... if you are talking about the entire section I bit, yes ... hopefully not

you'll still get a couple of marks for your ideas though.

ball00n

HSC
did people link identity and places to a feeling of belonging in part e)? because it did not specifiy "belonging" in the question.

Overall, I feel ambiguous to how I did in the paper - I attempted and finished all questions but am not sure if that means I did well.

2011_

HSC
Techniques are crucial but all the best everyone :) It's over!

HSC
Yeah um if you named and explained your techniques you might get 4-5, I only see 1 technique in there so hopefully you said stuff like metaphor/personification/symbolism or whatever with those examples. Personally I said in Jack's, anaphora + tricolon of "Again... again.. again" + accumulation of places "Australia, Asia" etc. + personification of huge hungry + alliteration/plosives of bb whatever the phrase was... etc. similar idea as you -> like overwhelmed/consumed by the wider world + lack of a significant/strong connection to a single place. Brooklyn, changing tenses etc., imagining the future/past + negative connotations/lack of emotions associated with the present, ellipses indicating thought/reflection or whatever, repetition of over and over, etc.
you absolutley dominated that!!!!!!! i didn't have that many techniques just a handfull....but you shall get 15/15 if you included all that in11!!!

esraa

HSC
Only a couple of questions said "how" and "the ways.." so thats where you talk techniques but the other questions were plainly belonging and ideas and quoting the text right?

jamesfirst

HSC
Uh-oh, was I too simplistic with the picture? I HATED that stimulus haha! I said that the different images of places reinforce the perception of how important belonging to a place is or something? Think I was to general -_- Despite my hate for the first text, the others were all actually really good, some awesome quotes in them :)
I said the multitude of colours evoke multiculturalism and the bright colours symbolise the tenderness and joy or some sht. LOL

HSC
Uni Grad
The image was alright. There was no poem this year (yay)

I liked the rest of the texts though.

jamesfirst

HSC
Anyone else notice it went
Speaker 1
Speaker 2
Speaker 3
Speaker 4
Speaker 1

Thought it was funny they made a typo. Unless the first guy spoke twice
I was going to write something about that .... but I was like, nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yours

HSC
I was going to write something about that .... but I was like, nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
The first speaker was 'wrapping up' the viewpoints (though I didn't talk about this). It was a transcript and all the speakers seemed to be saying the same thing so it was irritating to read.

angelarr

HSC
I spent 45 mins on this section too.. which resulted in atrocious handwriting for section three. I made some crap up about texts 1 and 2, and ended up using texts three and four for the five marker. I swear I was being so repetitive

Dazdev

HSC
Lol at the diversity of answers for the picture. Wasn't the pictures question how does it show a perception on belonging?
I wrote about the diverse nature of the images and words and how the picture conveys that belonging extends to everything and has no boundaries?

yours

HSC
the word 'people' was in the centre, therefore people are central to belonging

BobSherman93

HSC
the word 'people' was in the centre, therefore people are central to belonging
People are central to belonging? HOW are people central to belonging. Explain yourself, that's the point of english. You don't just make blatant comments like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)