Section 1 (1 Viewer)

areyouserz

HSC
N/A
i know hey, the text threee - poem WANDERLUST is so stupid and is it 2 poems heheh because it has 2 sectoiuns from WJ Turner ans Dorothy Hewett. and what the hell " how does the final stanza shape your understanding of the poem a s awhole? i mean i wrote this.....

the final stanza shows a journey which e bales us to iunderstand that the calls to adventure, physical journeys of the significance in my own life is the calls for transformation. IS DAT RIGHT. hmmmm im going 2 fail

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
Mumma said:
What farm???? LOL :rofl: She was on a farm? For fucks sake
Yeah, if you shorten half of my answer, it'll basically say; "The use of ewes/sheep emphasizes that she lives on a farm." :rofl:

Guernica

HSC
I found it weird that there were no straight out "technique" questions. Like, there was no "Identify a technique" blah blah..

Mumma

HSC
ewes? what the hell are ewes? :confused: Thought they were fuckin' llamas or emus or something.

"Amassed 7 (or 8) pages all up for comprehension but would be happy with 11/15."

WHAT THE HELL DUDE I WROTE LIKE 2 PAGES MAX.

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
Guernica said:
I found it weird that there were no straight out "technique" questions. Like, there was no "Identify a technique" blah blah..
That did strike me as odd. I'm so used to those kinds of questions that I was at a loss for a moment when reading the damned questions. =P

Tim035

HSC
I'm preety sure the last question is marked by another marker because our english teacher is marking Section I but she said she's only marking the last question on it. So brining up previously made points in the last question is almost a neccessity rather then something to avoid.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Guernica said:
but u should still have integrated techniques into your answer. lol
think about it, 3 / 2 marker questions woulda needed techniques to obtain full marks.

great exam, did the essay first [a whole bos booklet i wrote], then the unseen material to recover feeling in my hand [lol. about 5 pages and left out (e) till the end] and then did 1 whole bos booklet for the creative writing

<3 . just hope i did great though. lol

at first, i didn't knw what the fk the poem was about .. but i re-read over it and it clicked .. she was undergoing an imaginative journey! =D

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Mumma said:
ewes? what the hell are ewes? :confused: Thought they were fuckin' llamas or emus or something.
LOL I was wondering the same thing hahaha... I picked out she was on a farm because it said some shit about paddocks or something.

carmen s

HSC
I thought the poem was pretty easy. I agree about how it was weird there were no technique questions, but hey im not complaining.
Section 1 was defintly easier than my trials, half yearlys etc.

In deserted outskirts of sinister reasoning, thou
HSC
I fucked up e) because I'm a fucking retard and I don't deserve to live. Me, being the genius that I am decided to do section 1 last. (I don't understand the logic myself, shoulda done section 2 last. Either way, by the time I got to the final question of section one time had almost run out, and me being the retard I am didn't realise that WANDERLUST was written in 3RD PERSON untill it was too late to change which had the personal representation of Journey. There goes about 2-4 marks of one section, god damn I'm a retard. I didn't sleep either so by the time I got there I was exhausted.

All in all... that was a hard exam.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
How could you relate physical journey to the poem? it was about imaginative journey.

Did you talk about imagery and first person narrative for the prose fiction? Also the use of questions which are sort of directed at the reader? I went so bad.

Guernica

HSC
shinji said:
but u should still have integrated techniques into your answer. lol
think about it, 3 / 2 marker questions woulda needed techniques to obtain full marks.
Yeah, of course I mentioned techniques.. I'm not that dumb. I was just saying that I found it odd that no questions were explicitly about that.

bmc

HSC
the whole of section one was crap. not one student i talked to from our school liked it. the poem in particular was very shifty.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
The Logical One said:
I fucked up e) because I'm a fucking retard and I don't deserve to live. Me, being the genius that I am decided to do section 1 last. (I don't understand the logic myself, shoulda done section 2 last. Either way, by the time I got to the final question of section one time had almost run out, and me being the retard I am didn't realise that WANDERLUST was written in 3RD PERSON untill it was too late to change which had the personal representation of Journey. There goes about 2-4 marks of one section, god damn I'm a retard. I didn't sleep either so by the time I got there I was exhausted.

All in all... that was a hard exam.
hey *hugs* its alright. the poem fucked a lot of people over judging by what i've heard. did anyone understand what the reason was for her wanting to experience new things or whatever the question was? i just thought her wish to escape monotony or whatever was sorta implied throughout, but it never actually said what her reason was.

yeaaaah. dont like section one.

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
The poem was alright after realizing it was an imaginative journey on my first read. I completely analyzed the poem and then the question asked you to analyze the last stanza. FUCK.

Half my analysis down the drain, but half of it was used in question f) with the photograph.

IMO, the photograph was easy, the prose was okay after skimming reading it a few times and the poem is alright too. Just spent to much time on question c) and f) though.

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
uhawww said:
LOL I was wondering the same thing hahaha... I picked out she was on a farm because it said some shit about paddocks or something.
ewes = female sheep. lol

Beetle

HSC
OMFG.

This exam was alright for section one and two, but sectioN one was made for inner and imaginative journey. Also, the questions were so stupid and confusing.
Like seriously, wat the hell was that landscape questiON?

sigh.. i stuffed this up badly..

Royalist

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
hey *hugs* its alright. the poem fucked a lot of people over judging by what i've heard. did anyone understand what the reason was for her wanting to experience new things or whatever the question was? i just thought her wish to escape monotony or whatever was sorta implied throughout, but it never actually said what her reason was.

yeaaaah. dont like section one.
Hey there, yeh her desire to escape and travel was implied. I mentioned that through her reading of the travel-writer, she is inspired and enthusiastic to take a journey. This is reflective in her choice of diction and register in the second stanza, whereby through the imaginative journey she travels and experiences new things.

If you wrote something along those lines, I think you should do fine.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Beetle said:
OMFG.

This exam was alright for section one and two, but sectioN one was made for inner and imaginative journey. Also, the questions were so stupid and confusing.
Like seriously, wat the hell was that landscape questiON?

sigh.. i stuffed this up badly..
hmm .. i thought section I also had physical journey [the photographs] ?? :S

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I barely knew what the poem was really about (apparently farms?) but still managed to get some techniques and attempt to explain what the journey is about. :p The other 2 texts were fine for me. Didn't get time to finish one of the 1 markers since I did this section last.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)