Section 1 (1 Viewer)

passion89

HSC
Tim035 said:
Can someone verify that I interpreted the poem correctly.
I assumed that whilst we thought all the things she was doing in the central part of the poem she was actually doing, in the end paragraph we discover that these are actually imaginative journeys through experiences she's had reading books.

Other then that the photos and text were easy enough to make an assumption on journey about. And text two was easy enough to analyse.

Overall though I felt this section really vantaged those who did inner journey, I mean the whole 'personal aspect of the journey' thing is very much inner journey.
I did wrote the same thing with the poem but verified it with a couple of techniques.

Royalist

HSC
Beetle said:
OMFG.

Like seriously, wat the hell was that landscape questiON?
The landscape question wasn't at all that bad. I said something along the lines that it was significant to the writer as it could inspire his writing and influence him to write about the beauty in nature.

Lockhart

Fugitive/assasin
HSC
Tim035 said:
ROFL yeah I read it as photographs and wrote my answer and then realised it said photographers, read my answer and realised it still made sense so I just added ers onto the end of photograph. Meh what was that 1 mark at the worse
I think I did the same not certain though its all a blur. i was pleased with the section though before i saw that 13 + I hope.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hmm
i wrote the juxtaposition of the landscape of the persona's perspective to reality signified how a journey is not how it isn't how one would think. for the landscape q.
lol`~

Royalist

HSC
Haha fair enough man, yeah i guess that makes sense. I think as long as your answer is clear and is backed up by literary techniques used you'll be set.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Royalist said:
Haha fair enough man, yeah i guess that makes sense. I think as long as your answer is clear and is backed up by literary techniques used you'll be set.
haha cool cool! ^^

let's just hope for the best now and continue on with our study! =D

carmen s

HSC
For anyone who was womdering what WANDERLUST even means (people like me foe exapmle), it means a strong seire to travel.
Which i guess when u break down the word into two parts makes sense, but i dint think of that b4 and mayb other people didnt either lol.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I don't think I explained the techniques very well.

Did anyone use imagery and first person narrative?

therz_danger

HSC
FARK I FKN FAILED!!!!!! AAHHHH!!
AHHHHHH WATS ENGLISH!!!! WATS A NOMAD!!!!! I DONT EVEN GET THE ANYTHING!!!
i think we are the only dickheads who come to this site!!!! fark! maybe all the poshy smart people are relaxing!!! and they found it easy!!! i think 98% of people found it very easy!!!

passion89

HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
I don't think I explained the techniques very well.

Did anyone use imagery and first person narrative?
Yup I used both and another one which I seriously can't remember for the life of me.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Oh shit I forgot to say first person etc. Used imagery though (as well as various other techniques). Damn :(

JayJay07

HSC
AHHH I hate Section 1 papers lol

I think I did good except for maybe the Q of the second text and the last Q (which were 2 of the highest mark ones ... grrr)

The poem I thought was really good ... it was actually a poem that I liked personally (even though I saw it for the first time today). The Q about the final paragraph was pretty easy, obviously the girl/woman had been imagining all of those adventures by reading the travel books in her playroom & the final stanza was discussing her distaste for her reality, the farmyard ... the coldness, the sheared ewe (discussed how by being sheared theyd be bony and scrawny) and just contrasting the stanza with the other 2.

In the final Q I did the Poem & The photos and tried to link the photographers with the Photo's in the travel books and how they'd have similar journeys but the internal psychological impact would be unique ... something along those line :worried:

I stuffed up the Q on Text 2 .... I actually wrote the answer twice because I started talking about the cave and didn't even mention the landscape and then I was like .... oh whoops ... cross out like 3/4 of a page worth of writing and redid it. Still got the section done in 40 min ok :)

Last edited:

sideshowtim

HSC
therz_danger said:
FARK I FKN FAILED!!!!!! AAHHHH!!
AHHHHHH WATS ENGLISH!!!! WATS A NOMAD!!!!! I DONT EVEN GET THE ANYTHING!!!
i think we are the only dickheads who come to this site!!!! fark! maybe all the poshy smart people are relaxing!!! and they found it easy!!! i think 98% of people found it very easy!!!
The thing that comforts me is I come here, to a place that is filled with lots of people who obviously do well in their HSC and aim high and they think it was hard. Really, the people who have being say "oh easy as hell" at my school anyway are the pretty average kids.

M3r0N

HSC
OMG dis yrs englidh paper wazzz shit as specially section 1 , im fuckn stuffed big time:eek: .............. :burn:

dandel26

HSC
Wooo was pretty sweet i hope
section 1 was a bitch, especially text 1, i got the poem which was good
I did 6 pages

Loz_metalhead

HSC
For the 5 mark question was it necessary to link the two texts? I am so mad that I couldn't explain the techniques. I really just gave examples.

sn0wsurfer

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i loved this exam in general, but i HATED this particular section of it. i fucked up so bad on the bloody photo thing...wtf was that about? i hate visual texts *cry* i think i got about 10 to 12 out of 15. the poem was ok, the prose, ok, but the photo!!! waaaaaah. and that shit about nomads and soldiers at the bottom of it. i do physical journeys and i still didnt really understand it... so yeah this section made me feel and look like a stupid rambling person. thank god for the rest of it.
wtf was the cave thing about i totally had no idea had to make up some bullshit 3 mark answer

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
hey for the 1 marker about a reason she wanted to go journey or whatever

could

'she wanted to travel the world to interact with the physical environments'

be an answer?

:S

i hated paper 1!! where were we supposed to talk about techniques?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)