Section 2 - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

La Bomba

HSC
meilz look at my post above yours. that shuld clear things up. unfortunately u didnt celebrate relationships and u failed to answer the question. i dont no why u wrote about that honestly. you will not go well im sorry, just being direct so you dont get disapointed if ur marks are lower than u expected.

La Bomba

HSC
for those that did not belonging it is possible you wiill get good marks if u adapted alienation and then developing a reelationship that lead to belonging, and a better life etc. if u focused only on not belonging then unfortunately yu didnt answerr the qeustion. need to incorporate celebrating relationships i.e belonging

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
What I want to know is what those people whose creative responses were about NOT BELONGING did in this section, because I'm one of them and I'm unsure if what I did was correct. I just reinforced that my character has no meaningful relationships, and no-one who cares for him, therefore the absence of relationships contributed to his not belonging. Was this right?
Mine is about a guy who goes to the hospital, and he FEELS like he doesn't belong there (despite that the doctors think he does). So, he's very uncomfortable, and he has no relationships with the people in the hospital, but he's constantly thinking about his relationship with his wife and his house, and his relationship with them suffers. He comes home, ecpecting to fit back into the routine of everything, but all his medical stuff is there, and he doesn't look it, and he hates his wife and his house because it just reminds him of his time in hospital (which.he.hated).

So, in retrospect, I'm "celebrating" his relationship with his wife and house, but in the end, they breakdown

absorber

HSC
12/15 pl0x. I did 1st quote, heheh I'd be happy with a 12 given I'm shit at creative and it didn't fit my story well

Piratefishy

HSC
N/A
I was fuc*ed with these stimuli. My story is NOT about happiness and sunshine and meaningful relationships - This is what mine was about, in general terms:

It starts with some unknown guy in a german newspaper office pleading for the reporter to believe and understand him and the reporter is all like 'we don't publish made up shit from cultists who want to explain away their actions' (but in better form, i'm just making it simple) and tells him to gtfo
Then there's a break, and the same reporter is at the 1936 Nuremberg 'Rally of Honour' only as a member of the press - and without all the detail (it's ALLLL brainwashing detail from a 1st person bit) he ends up feeling like he's with them all and that their 'cause' is right and he feels all empowered (which is where i should have stopped since that relationship bit fits) but in the end, he's all determined about how he wants to help the cause and there's another break, and then an american lawyer is trying him for the murder of 12 jews and it's pretty much role reversal from that original guy in the newspaper office. Make sense?

It's supposed to be with the 'grow in the soil of acceptance' one.. i sorta think it fits, but not really and the whole 'celebration thing' ughhhhhhhhh FML
I like it better with the end, it's the only way the beginning fits, and it's almost like a play on Stockholm Syndrome but not really and that wasn't coined until 1973 so i couldn't really use it...

Last edited:

La Bomba

HSC
rabbitoos yu adresed da question well. if u chose first quote even beter. good job mata.

La Bomba

HSC
thats fucking GAY!!!
i HATE the board of studies, why cant they just be normal jesus christ

the only reason i wrote about that is because i didnt read the entire question, just looked at the stimulus and "write an imaginative piece" and went yep ok and starting writing

fuuucccccckkk this shit.
yesss, but board does it to seperate the students. i was just gona rewrite da story i memorised, but then saw the celebrating relationships, so decided to moulld a relationships with heroin, prety much a metaphor for him not havign anyone else, and then a relationship with a police officer who saved his life. i initially said he hated the cop for locking him away, but once he broke his addiction he was foreever greatful for the officer for saving him. more depth but yeh. jus make sure u read question nxt time.

tjo176

HSC
does celebrate mean it has to show postive aspects of belonging in a relationship?????

cause i showed the antihisis.</SPAN>

Can somebody please answer this!?!??!!?!

I am freaking out.

Mine was about a married couple, and the belonging in the relationship was that she became an object, a possesion, an exsistence who belonged to the man. So it was negative.

greekmagician

HSC
My story was also not belonging. Would it be ok if I changed the story so that the persona felt belonging through being part of the minority?

adcommo

HSC
N/A
i did one on not belonging and i compare my situation to others and how they all belong and celebrate together and they r all happy etc but im not......thats still ok yeh?
the question was too limited in my opinion.....

greekmagician

HSC
i did one on not belonging and i compare my situation to others and how they all belong and celebrate together and they r all happy etc but im not......thats still ok yeh?
the question was too limited in my opinion.....
in the same boat...hoping thats alright

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Oh, I did 2nd quote. I tried the first, but it didn't work. I warped the 2nd quote, and made it say in one part that my character existed at home.
I said something like "I was not "prized" as I was, like my Suzie used to tell me. As a human, I didn't exist. I existed as a disease, a sarcoma..."

La Bomba

HSC
does celebrate mean it has to show postive aspects of belonging in a relationship?????

cause i showed the antihisis.</SPAN>

Can somebody please answer this!?!??!!?!

I am freaking out.

Mine was about a married couple, and the belonging in the relationship was that she became an object, a possesion, an exsistence who belonged to the man. So it was negative.
yoooo. ask yourself. do you celebrate when you are feeling incredibly upset? no. yu wwere ment to celebrate a relationship, u did the oppposite.

Piratefishy

HSC
N/A
yeah but that doesn't mean that you'd get a shit mark. the question says 'that celebrates the WAYS relationships contribute to a sense of belonging - i don't think that means "write something happy and sunshine - but rather write a piece that shows the benefits of relationships (or shows how no relationships doesn't contribute)

mamoz

HSC
section 2 was effedd .. it took me around 5 mins to figure out wat the question was asking about 'celebrating' ?!?! well my story was first about not belonging to sumfin den i re-read the question again and made up sum bullshitt that at the end she realised that even though she was in unfamiliar environment there was sumfin connecting her to it .. oh well hope i did good.. expectin 12/15

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
Mine was really different, it was about a chick who was struggling with the fact that people need to conform to belong (i.e. people can't 'accept them as they are') so she goes to a jenny craig group session, even though she is quite skinny, and obviously doesnt need to be there. the other ladies shun her for being there out of spite, but she brushes it off and observes how the ladies are so supportive of each other, even though they come from broken homes. they think that losing weight may just be their only option to fit in with society. she watches as sort of an outsider, but by the end she feels a deep emotional connection to the ladies, even though they dont like her.
oh, and its all written in a letter to Jenny Craig

tjo176

HSC
yeah, exactly

my story shows the ways relationship cotnribute a sense of belonging

it just celebrates the way relationships contributed a bad sense of belonging. no where in there did they say they wanted sunshine.

thanks for the reply piratefishy

Piratefishy

HSC
N/A
no worries :)

I'm still a little worried about mine, 'coz it was more about what happens when the group you're so attatched to and belong to falls apart and everyone else doesn't accept or believe anything you say - i.e. Nazis brainwashing of people via Hitler's charisma (and it HAS happened! i based the story on reports from british journalists) and the effect when the nazis fell apart

it could go either way i guess. let's hope the markers are in love with history (and bonus points for the german perhaps?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)