Section 2 - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

ijaz101

Lord
HSC
its funny coz almost everyone whos posted has done well. I didn't do well, imo mine turned out crap. Were we supposed to have a story that actually "celebrated the ways relationships contribute to a sense of belonging"
Mine was a more sad, dramatic story. struggled to adapt it to the qn.:chainsaw:

HAAATTTTTTEEEEEE ENGLISH! HATE IT!

raniaaa

:)
HSC
i thought this celebrating relationships business was the from the quote i didn't choose. but i just looked at the question and omg i so did not see that... LUCKILY my story was very relationship-orientated otherwise i would be finding the nearest cliff to jump off :eek:

tjo176

HSC
yeah im with piratefishy

just because you belong, it doesnt mean you have to enjoy the fact you can belong. you can belong in a relationship (like a marriage) and hate it.

i think the question celebrating the way contributes to a sense of belonging doesnt neccesarily have to mean you have to show such belonging being good and positive.

buts its done now :)
horray!

Majimaune

HSC
I didn't have a story prepared and I actually had to stop myself laughing while I was writing mine, thats how much enjoyment I had. I did take characters from other short stories that I've written before but it was a completely new story and I'm just disappointed that I wont be able to read it again.

It was the second story in The Amazing Adventures of Murray the Toaster. Good stuff too.

ijaz101

Lord
HSC
lol Majimaune... I did something like that in the trials and i got a 10/15 so this time i thought, maybe i should prepare something... still turned out pretty shitty imo. oh well its finally over.. now i can't wait till 11:30 friday!

Majimaune

HSC
lol Majimaune... I did something like that in the trials and i got a 10/15 so this time i thought, maybe i should prepare something... still turned out pretty shitty imo. oh well its finally over.. now i can't wait till 11:30 friday!
Creative writing is my strong point so I wasn't worrying about it too much.

Actually I'm probably one of the only people in NSW who didn't go in with a prepared essay either. I knew what I needed to write I had just never written something before hand. I write better like that because I can never remember stuff that I've written before and then end up missing out on a crucial paragraph or something like that.

7oas7y

HSC
I used the second quote. I wrote 5 pages for this section. How much did you guys write?? Just wanna get a gist of what I'm up against.

Piratefishy

HSC
N/A
haha in the school certificate i wrote about this gay couple who wanted to be accepted but they weren't and then they grew wings and like flew away into the distance - with hope for the future. LOL the Q was about laughter. I got a band 6 in english too xD

Piratefishy

HSC
N/A
Creative writing is my strong point so I wasn't worrying about it too much.

Actually I'm probably one of the only people in NSW who didn't go in with a prepared essay either. I knew what I needed to write I had just never written something before hand. I write better like that because I can never remember stuff that I've written before and then end up missing out on a crucial paragraph or something like that.
:O ME TOO! My essay was chat though...but...i always leave out the most important stuff when i prepare. so annoying.
My tactic is just 'remember quotes :D' and hope for the best.

It was bad though, coz i had to use a txt i used from Conflicting Perspectives (module C elective) because it was the only text i knew enough about to write heaps about - didn't help much since i ran out of time tho.

HSC
ok i am freaking out, i know i can change it now, but...

my story didn't celebrate relationships...i don't think?it was about a certain group of people that unexpectadly find something in common which heals them and their 'existance" (2nd quote). It wasn't a 'happy birthday' kind of celbration, more of an inner celebration.. but to tell you the truth i forget about the celebration thing.:uhoh:.. just trying to put my mind at ease!

what do you guys think?

Goodluck for paper 2

Majimaune

HSC
:O ME TOO! My essay was chat though...but...i always leave out the most important stuff when i prepare. so annoying.
My tactic is just 'remember quotes :D' and hope for the best.

It was bad though, coz i had to use a txt i used from Conflicting Perspectives (module C elective) because it was the only text i knew enough about to write heaps about - didn't help much since i ran out of time tho.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one outside of my five other friends who work similar to me.

I read a lot and so I just searched my head til I found the best thing for it.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
This is true too :)
I got home and threw away all my notes on Belonging!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFUCKING HOOOOO!

geez, only threw them out?

im saving mine for the post HSC bonfire :)

Smile_Time351

HSC
I'm the same, although you're right (at least from what I've seen) in saying that we're in the minority. I mean, I did practise essays and everything for study, but I didn't actually prepare my essay prior. Which, as it turns out, was probably lucky given the one text thing.

My creative was another story (If you'll pardon the horrible pun), I find that creative's are easy to prepare for given that you're not so much matching it to a question then matching it to a stimulus, which, given the broad nature of said stimuli (as we saw this morning), makes it more than possible.

blue_butterfly

HSC
I used the second quote. I wrote 5 pages for this section. How much did you guys write?? Just wanna get a gist of what I'm up against.
I wrote about 12 pages I think, but I had lots of dialogue so it was very spaced out.

Did you guys put the actual quote in your story?

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Yeah I forgot about the celebration thing too but there's nothing anyone can do now. The most I did was celebrate the Present (as in Past, Present, Future kind of Present) and it was hardly what anyone would classify as a celebration.
There's no use worrying about it :). Just be glad half of English is over now.

blue_butterfly

HSC
I dont think you literally had to spell out that relationships helped celebrate a sense of belonging but someone incorporate the importance that relationships bring to ones sense of belonging/ or even perhaps not belonging..

septic.

HSC
okay can somebody give me feedback on this please; my 'celebration' of relationships that contribute to belonging is implied (i THINK), if someone can confirm for me: I wrote about a girl who is dealing with the loss of family members through a tragedy, and throughout the story and at the end she reflects on all the good memories and feelings she experienced through the sense of belonging she gained from the relationship of family.. does that link? yes? no? i THINk it's implied, right? even though it's not necessarily a 'happy' story, it's still a celebration of such relationships? gahh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)