Section 2 - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

Chrissiee

Frost Yourselves
HSC
You weren't required to this year.
i mean the who captures the significance of remembered places to the experience of belonging. My creative had nothing on remembered places. It was my first exam and i was heaps scared so i just wrote whatever and totally screwed up.

themanman

HSC
N/A
i mean the who captures the significance of remembered places to the experience of belonging. My creative had nothing on remembered places. It was my first exam and i was heaps scared so i just wrote whatever and totally screwed up.
ur not the only 1

they will see heaps of people didnt

also, they are usually lenient in marking the 1st english paper

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
If you didn't capture "remembered places" you are limited to a C-range mark as you didn't answer the question.

Kimbles2011

HSC
I was so happy with this question.

My creative was about a girl who had moved from the country to the suburbs. It began with her in the suburbs, a flashback to her running through buttercups and eating berries in the country as a child and then finished with her in the suburbs.

It had pieces of Australian poetry throughout and was all about her feelings of isolation but also the beauty of her memories and the warmth they brought her!

It was titled "Terra Australis Incognita" How does that sound?

jamesfirst

HSC
but if you mentioned going to a 'place', e.g. where he was on drugs i.e "an imaginative place that he constantly remembers and wants to go back to", then it'll be fine.
Idk if mine is remembered place or not.

The story starts off as this man standing in front of the building where he works then he enters. He is then told that people were getting fired. Yes, he did get fired and he expresses his hatred towards the company.

He goes back home and finds comfort through his family... I've used heaps of imagery, it was a prepared creative... lol I just hope I dont get below 10...

yours

HSC
Idk if mine is remembered place or not.

The story starts off as this man standing in front of the building where he works then he enters. He is then told that people were getting fired. Yes, he did get fired and he expresses his hatred towards the company.

He goes back home and finds comfort through his family... I've used heaps of imagery, it was a prepared creative... lol I just hope I dont get below 10...
are there any memories/flashbacks??

yours

HSC
unfortunately no, that is why I'm afraid.

My tutor says it CAN be linkable but I'm doubting this.... All I read was "place" tbh.
your other sections will balance it out, it's no big thing. I think I did worst on the story because it was too hard to compose on the spot... I'd prepared lots of different stories but 'remembered places' was specific so I just made a story up using the 'imagery' from my other stories.. the structure was messy =(

jamesfirst

HSC
your other sections will balance it out, it's no big thing
I think I did very well in essay and reasonably well in comprehension.

Hopefully I can get a decent mark for creative :)

themanman

HSC
N/A
Mine was a guy looking at a photograph of Hiroshima and reflecting on how it was the framework to his rel. with his wife

after the bombing, they split up

shows how ingrained they were to this setting

shud b kay -> hoping for 10 or 11

themanman

HSC
N/A
ALSO

i read a band 5 creative response

pretty pathetic imo

there is a massive difference between band 5 and band 6 level

yours

HSC
Mine was a guy looking at a photograph of Hiroshima and reflecting on how it was the framework to his rel. with his wife

after the bombing, they split up

shows how ingrained they were to this setting

shud b kay -> hoping for 10 or 11
do you do after the bomb?!

jamesfirst

HSC
ALSO

i read a band 5 creative response

pretty pathetic imo

there is a massive difference between band 5 and band 6 level

How was band 5 response??? Did it answer the question even a little ?

themanman

HSC
N/A
How was band 5 response??? Did it answer the question even a little ?
yes it did, a lot

but the level was like a mid-standard kid

their criticisms:

1. MAINLY not enough techniques usedd like:

- emotive language
- metaphors
- imagery

etc, etc

too many rhetoricals
too colloquial at times

but he got 11 or 12

they look for 2 things

1. the way uve used ur english
2. the way u have IMAGINATIVELY interpreted the stimulus

i was gonna do the whole country route but thought it would be a bit predictable so twisted the story around half-way through

as said before, ur capped at c if ur story ISNT structured around the stimulus

think about it: its unfair for those who abide by the rules and think of one on the spot in comparison to those who regurgitate their tutors creative piece

ALSO if u TELL and dont SHOW then u lose marks but not as much as u wud think

about 1 or 2

Last edited:

jamesfirst

HSC
I think my English was good. A lot of imagery and techniques

but I think I'll get marked HEAPS down for not answering 'remembered place'.... damn .

kalibali

HSC
cheeringggg soo much!, my story was about an old man who just lost his wife and was reminiscing in his old house before he goes to an old folks home. Hope its not cliche!

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
mine was about a newborn baby who thought his parents were monsterous giants (talk about the place of a hospital etc), hes scared of them and at the end he realises his theyre not and his mum loves him unconditionally. With his mum, and at that home becomes his belonging place (the stimulus had people and place both written on them so im hoping you can talk about both even though the question didnt mention people) i hope its fine.
Mine was about a man waiting in hospital for the birth of his first child.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)