Section 2 - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

dela_

HSC
N/A
As long as you spoke about "remembered place" it doesn't matter what else you spoke about.
My story was about a girl's connection to her best friend (spoke about this at the beginning) and then she started remembering about the time she felt she had a connection to this place they use to go to. Later on she got random flash backs about it and at the end she visits it. Is tht alright?

Last edited:

Bored as brew

HSC
Hmm my story was originally about a little old woman who loved her house and went to the city to get her hearing tested and realised how much the city had changed, everyone was rude, home was the place she belonged etc. without every saying it. I still used it, but emphasised the changes between the two places more? Was this completely wrong!!??
that story is pre good, sounds pretty valid :D

chels777

HSC
my concept fitted really well it was a diary entry written by a girl who survived the apocalypse and she thought she was the only one left the only source of connection she had was through her past memories of her house etc and eventually she found hope in the memories of her past

dela_

HSC
N/A
Anyone know if what i wrote about (i mentioned it previously) is alright?

sonsta

HSC
N/A
Nope...Its all over, my story was very dodgy xD

Conor

HSC
so..... if i didn't use a "remembered place"/memory as a focus, and instead focused mine just on belonging to place (with reference to one of the stimulus images), what do you think my marks will cap out at?

I conveyed a sense of belonging to place through contrasting perspectives - each paragraph I made a switch between the perspective of two different groups, until I finally brought them together at the end. One group had a deep sense of belonging to place (conveyed emotionally/spiritually) and was written in third person, the other group had no sense of belonging (conveyed descriptively in an alien land) and was written in first to contrast the other perspective, and also to emphasize the 'belonging to place' the other group had.

So, if its well written etc but doesn't specifically use a 'memory', where do you think my marks for that section will cap out at?

dela_

HSC
N/A
so..... if i didn't use a "remembered place"/memory as a focus, and instead focused mine just on belonging to place (with reference to one of the stimulus images), what do you think my marks will cap out at?

I conveyed a sense of belonging to place through contrasting perspectives - each paragraph I made a switch between the perspective of two different groups, until I finally brought them together at the end. One group had a deep sense of belonging to place (conveyed emotionally/spiritually) and was written in third person, the other group had no sense of belonging (conveyed descriptively in an alien land) and was written in first to contrast the other perspective, and also to emphasize the 'belonging to place' the other group had.

So, if its well written etc but doesn't specifically use a 'memory', where do you think my marks for that section will cap out at?
Did you make any reference to memories/remembering at all?

dela_

HSC
N/A
When people were writing about the connetion to place was this throughout the entire story or is it okay if specific parts of the stories were based on it?

themanman

HSC
N/A
When people were writing about the connetion to place was this throughout the entire story or is it okay if specific parts of the stories were based on it?
My whole story was governed by the speakers connection to place, Hiroshima before the the bombing aroundW 1945 and how it fostered his relationship with his wife. When the landscape was destroyed, his relationship with his wife dissipated and he is left to remember it through a single photograph.

The story's focus had to be on a 'remembered' place.

You werent meant to just chuck it in every now and then.

Conor

HSC
Did you make any reference to memories/remembering at all?
Not exactly.

A big, humongous 'fail' moment of mine, and something that I've been teaching myself not to do but still did it - I skim read the question, was overcome with joy when I saw mention of belonging to place, and failed to see the "remembered" word before it. Go me.

So yeah, what would marks cap as? Am I looking at a max satisfactory band do people think?

themanman

HSC
N/A
Not exactly.

A big, humongous 'fail' moment of mine, and something that I've been teaching myself not to do but still did it - I skim read the question, was overcome with joy when I saw mention of belonging to place, and failed to see the "remembered" word before it. Go me.

So yeah, what would marks cap as? Am I looking at a max satisfactory band do people think?
Depends..

Creative writing is the hardest to judge..

I only wrote 3 pages and could be capped at a 12/15 at max
but then again, you hear stories of people gettig full marks on quality solely

It just depends if you have a good marker or not. Subjectivity is an unfair bitch and the difference between an 18 and 20 is solely based on luck.

You could get away with it..
You may not

Psychoanalytic

HSC
Considering that the creative I had prepared was about an autistic child and his twin brother, I couldn't really work it to the question. :( I wrote about what I used in my year 11 'alienation and isolation' creative. It was a letter written from a girl who recently moved to Australia to a cousin still living in Europe. She looks at photographs of herself living happily in Europe as she writes it... blah blah blah. So it was kinda like the 'Brooklyn' text they gave us in section 1 :S I hope they won't care.

WaterIsLiquid

HSC
I did not need a gameplan for the creative and I found this question very easy. I talked about my place within my home and how I was sitting at school (social enviroment) doing a test along with another 75,000 kids which in turn would effectively shape my pre-determined destiny which works in conjunction to form my identity.

Mistriousfrog

HSC
My story I have had for years now and I use it whenever an exam crops up because I tend to get full marks whenever I use it. Each year I adapt it to the topic in order to fit it. Unfortunately, despite having good belonging in it, it had virtually nothing to do with "Remembered places"and as such I had to completely redesign the entire motivation and conflict for my character. the overall plot still worked though so it should be fine.
On a side note, I hated the lazyness of reusing the stimulus from question one here. Could they seriously not find another?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Trains sped by, leaving behind whirlwinds of rubbish. An old man passed a blind violinist as a melancholy melody escapes the strings. Their hearts seemed to echo with the same emptiness, he thought. The clouds thundered above as this man headed for platform 9. He saw men in suits give him the look and deliberately avoiding him as he passed them. Each of their strides seemed to have a purpose, a destination; home, wife, kids. His strides were heavy and slow as he headed for a different destination; house…empty house.
His scattered thoughts were disturbed as a ball rolled past him and onto the tracks below. A boy followed, noticing neither the demanding yellow line, nor the extreme danger of the tracks. In a split second, the old man held him back before another train roared by, with the man losing his balance in the process and falling with a thud on the concrete floor. The boy, with a face of complete innocence, hurriedly helped the old man up with his small arms as his mother anxiously ran over, almost tripping herself in her haste. She was about to thank the old man for saving his son’s life, but hesitated and gave him the look. Without another word, she steered her son towards their platform with such rapidity it was as if she had seen a monster.
The man had an idea of what the women must be thinking, they were all the same; how could that man show himself in public…especially when there are children about. Imagine the nightmares my son will have… Do they respond out of fear? He thought as he continued walking. Do they respond out of disgust? Or is it both? The mother had reacted like every other typical human reacts towards him. He was used to it but it puzzled him. A monster. Who was the monster? He thought. Was it me? To the world that sees only my appearance, yes, I sadly admit that I may belong under the monster category. But on the inside, was she the monster?
The man reached platform 9 and quickly made his way towards the closest carriage door. As he passed the man wearing the fluoro jacket with a whistle at his lips, the man gave him the look. However, it quickly morphed into an evil smirk as he blew his whistle before the old man reached the doors, signalling the train driver that all passengers have boarded the train. The doors started to slide shut, leaving the old man with no choice but to make an un- coordinated leap between the doors into an already crowded carriage.
The train started moving. People shifted themselves to make space for him, more out of disgust than good-will towards the old man. When he lifted his head up, they inched away even more, this time out of fear. The look was stamped in their faces…fear and disgust in their eyes…repulsion in their minds. He moved a couple of steps towards a pole and gripped it tight. The man who sat in the seat closest to him noticed the old man’s hand while flipping the pages in his newspaper. Out of the sincerity and respect in his heart he lowered his paper and started to get up, intending to vacate his seat for the old man. However, he froze in mid-air when he saw what everybody else saw and hurriedly sat back down.
After several stops, the old man finally had the opportunity to sit down on a vacated seat. Tired after a long day, his memory swept him off the train and into the fields of wheat and corn. His children were playing an elaborate game of tag, running through long strands of wheat that danced softly in the breeze. His wife walked by his side, smiling at the perfectness of their life.
The image faded into a war torn country ravaged by machine gunfire and exploding shells, one of which landed him in hospital for the rest of the war and a mind-prison for the rest of his life. He could not be the husband he was before the war, so she left. He could not be the father he was before the war, so his children left with her. The life he knew ended… He was a cripple. A one-legged, eight-fingered and scarred-faced man with a walking stick.

out of 15?
tl;dr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)