Section 2 - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
Sounds like the Brooklyn story from section I (without the tanks haha).
HAHA FUARK just realised D:
I've had a few friends writing about leaving their home as well, would the sheer clicheness of the plot affect the mark im going to get?

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
My story fit perfectly well and all, but the question itself was just crap. Why bother giving us a stimulus if we dont have to use it...?

It was pretty much just: Write a story about belonging to places.

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
My story fit perfectly well and all, but the question itself was just crap. Why bother giving us a stimulus if we dont have to use it...?

It was pretty much just: Write a story about belonging to places.
i think it may have been a troll question lol, some people might not have read it properly (like a firend) and tried to use the image

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah… I fucking died in this section.
Wrote a story about a guy that moved from the country to a school in the city and the story paralleled between his home in the country and him in the city and how he felt shit in the country only to realise the city was more shit.
I quoted the second text in it so I may get zero for plagiarism, but I really don't care at this stage. Lol

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
I went in with only a plan of what I was going to do, and it was about a person belonging to others primarily, so I just needed to change the focus and there you go, a decent story! Except I went over and only had about 30 minutes to do it. It pretty much comes off as the biggest piece of amateur romanticism filled to the brim with symbols, patterns of imagery and descriptions. Not to mention the ending which is extremely rushed. I think I did badly in this one.

lruby

HSC
N/A
My story worked so well, brilliantly in fact.
Loved this paper!

HSC
Im not too sure on my story :s

It was about a clone who reminisces about the moments in her life and (indirectly) questions her place in a world of humans

(not inspired in any way, shape or form by Never Let Me Go)

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
Mine was about friends who shared a secret garden, sounds like it'd fit perfectly :|

HSC
I think the "memory" bit in the question triggered history and memory...so i had a really wierd story, this is it's sturcture: (*** indicates change in time period, two time periods, same narrator)

narrator is little kid on the beach with his grandma...enjoying and all...some description here..on the medaterinan coast line
narrator is 40 years old in a holocaust death camp looking out the window at the moon remincing
On the beach again, narrator wants to build a sand castle...completes it (described it soo it looked like the holocaust gas chambers....had long pipe and little house thingy underneath)
narrator is walking towards his death(gas chambers), reminces missing the specific beach+grandma, realises how the chambers look like his castle from the outside
grandma falls on his castle, he gets really angry and then like he sees sadness in her eyes, they have a discussion, and grandma is like i will miss you bla bla...i wish you come back to this...then narator says ohh thiss will always be my place...soo on
narrator wishes grandma would fall ontop of this gas chamber just soo he can go back and see her and go back to that place one more time...lots of rehetorical question about his wanting to go back to the beach with grandma..fin.

soo yeaa made this up on the spot...i hope i get atleast 9 :( wrote this in 20 minutes...what people think? i was like trying to get across: connection to a place can create a sense of belonging that transcends time...i put some description and stuff in story. estimate /15?

Jongnie

HSC
Also, because some of us (fortunately) aren't sitting the HSC exam - could someone generally describe the stimulus, so I had some idea of what everyone else is going to be talking about?

Cheers.

no joke it looked kinda like this, with other words and pictures in the boxes, a pic of earth, a group of people, some abo looking into the river, and random boxes filled with words such as 'identity, place, memory ...' etc :) LOL !

HSC
I think the "memory" bit in the question triggered history and memory...so i had a really wierd story, this is it's sturcture: (*** indicates change in time period, two time periods, same narrator)

narrator is little kid on the beach with his grandma...enjoying and all...some description here..on the medaterinan coast line
narrator is 40 years old in a holocaust death camp looking out the window at the moon remincing
On the beach again, narrator wants to build a sand castle...completes it (described it soo it looked like the holocaust gas chambers....had long pipe and little house thingy underneath)
narrator is walking towards his death(gas chambers), reminces missing the specific beach+grandma, realises how the chambers look like his castle from the outside
grandma falls on his castle, he gets really angry and then like he sees sadness in her eyes, they have a discussion, and grandma is like i will miss you bla bla...i wish you come back to this...then narator says ohh thiss will always be my place...soo on
narrator wishes grandma would fall ontop of this gas chamber just soo he can go back and see her and go back to that place one more time...lots of rehetorical question about his wanting to go back to the beach with grandma..fin.

soo yeaa made this up on the spot...i hope i get atleast 9 :( wrote this in 20 minutes...what people think? i was like trying to get across: connection to a place can create a sense of belonging that transcends time...i put some description and stuff in story. estimate /15?
Sounds brilliant

HSC
suppouse i told you this only went for 3 pages and i can fit like 9 words a line....what if there was limited description haha

but thanks anchovies

salih08

HSC
wrote about an ESL student feeling suppressed by the Australian culture due to his identity revolving around the memories of his home country. very cliche...

here is the question for those that dont do hsc this year (mods please remove if its violating any rules)

mahir

HSC
my story had nothing to do with memory, so it ended up sounding shit D:

engie_benji

HSC
how many pages did ya'll write, i had about half a page left on the first booket (about 650-700 words) hope its long enough

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
My story was terrible and I'd be happy with an 8+ haaaa
Only 4 booklet pages too.
Ugh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)