Section 2 - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

A-Nonentity

HSC
Since I had a question semi-similar in trials, my original story failed and I gave up memorizing one since it would be pointless.

Mine was six pages, ( with spaces though) and it was about a woman who is being inspected after having been in an accident and the doctor asks her name and she can't remember it, then her husband tells her about different little moments of their life together where they travelled to Significant places and tried to get her to remember. Then she asks if they didn't have a home in one place what where they doing there? and he takes her away to bali and on the plane she gets strangely excited and when they land a local asks her for her name and she remembers it!

So i think I went okay haha.

hup

HSC
N/A
my story came to me on the spot and i thought it was fucken amazing

13abie

HSC
yes, you can take the english papers, the maths papers, and the multiple choice sections of some other papers home with you if you wish. just make sure you dont take home ur answer booklets :lol:
aww we werent allowed :/

bigbirdbanana

HSC
in my prepared story i had some extended metaphor running parallel to the story so i had to change that into the guy's memories but it was alright :) reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaalllyyyy disliked the emphasis on places for the whole paper though! so lame

WorryWartCob

HSC
Go back to my nannas house after church, everything is the same as i remember.
but her mind.... she lost her identity in the place, she had forgotten, my family had treated her badly, we had changed
and her sense of place within my family was heavily disturbed, therefore not belonging?

:)
am i not answering the question?

mink9012

HSC
My story had a twisted ending.
It started of as a man getting off the bus and leaving society behind.
He walks through a forest and has numerous flashbacks to when he walked this path last time with a lover
a reccuring theme of him shaming his family and his lover being the only one he could connect with,
in the last paragraph it was revealed his sister was his lover.

yours

HSC
My story had a twisted ending.
It started of as a man getting off the bus and leaving society behind.
He walks through a forest and has numerous flashbacks to when he walked this path last time with a lover
a reccuring theme of him shaming his family and his lover being the only one he could connect with,
in the last paragraph it was revealed his sister was his lover.
does he know this from the beginning?

elvishtears

HSC
I wrote mine on a lady who grew up on a farm and was forced to move to Sydney, looking back on the memories that she had. I only had 20 minutes to write it and got about 1.5 pages (small writing) I would estimate around 500 words... if it was delivered fairly well what band should I be expecting?

mitchh81

HSC
mine was about boy who didnt belong to society, but once in ocean was able to belong, however as night approached he had to leave, blah blah looked reminisced on good times in the surf at the end of story,,, is that acceptable ????

HSC
I wrote mine on a lady who grew up on a farm and was forced to move to Sydney, looking back on the memories that she had. I only had 20 minutes to write it and got about 1.5 pages (small writing) I would estimate around 500 words... if it was delivered fairly well what band should I be expecting?
Wow that sounds like mine. Exactly.

elvishtears

HSC
I swear it's the most Cliche story hahahah... and of course english ruins my HSC!!

nooriee

HSC
N/A
How'd you all find Section 2? Was it what you prepared for?

Share your thoughts here.
this was the best section in the whole exam, the question was exactly the same in my trial, i felt so lucky!

Tennisaddict

HSC
I hope they get my "metaphysical place" thing i was going for :/

My story was about a woman who wanted to stop taking her medicine because she missed the strong emotions she used to feel.

M

MichelleV

The first thing that came into my head was some old lady visiting the house she grew up in.
Threw in a tonne of sensory imagery and a random tree metaphor.
And in the end she was very happy she went and saw it because that was the only place she ever felt 'home' .

It's so terrible D:

dela_

HSC
N/A
Is it wrong if i spoke about connections to both place and people:S

strechfreak

HSC
mine was very loosely based on Martian Manhunter (characterization wise) and talked about how he missed his home planet, it fitted perfectly.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it wrong if i spoke about connections to both place and people:S
As long as you spoke about "remembered place" it doesn't matter what else you spoke about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)