Section 2 - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

yours

HSC
Mine was about a man waiting in hospital for the birth of his first child.
NO WAY! This is the exact story my friend wrote LAST YEAR!

cheeringggg soo much!, my story was about an old man who just lost his wife and was reminiscing in his old house before he goes to an old folks home. Hope its not cliche!
mine was similar to this! But he's reminiscing about his lost wife because she drowned in the ocean and he's on the balcony to the sea inside his head which was evoked through a travel journal she kept before she died... ahh it was such mess!

Last edited:

Awkward_Ninja

HSC
Mine was using a few bits of the stimulus. I was somehow trying to incorporate the shell into it, so i set it at the beach, where there's this guy and this girl (incoming cliche). The wind's fairly strong and he almost loses his hat to it, the girl says 'nice catch'. the guy jokes that if he didn't catch it, she'd have to go get it for him. In response, she playfully punches him, which brings about a flashback that is the bulk of the story, where the guy is always getting beaten up and has no friends. He then moves school in year 7 and finds that kids from his old school have ended up here too, and are trying to beat him up again. Then the girl steps in front of the bullies and threatens to tell the teacher (ooh scary!), and then the guy and girl become friends, then bf/gf, and then it cuts back to the beach. They then go into the water for a swim, and the guy steps on something. He picks up a shell (oh god, someone who used the stimulus), and ponders at its lack of inhabitant, and how it had moved on. I told this to my english tutor later and she thought it was a metaphor for the guy 'coming out of his shell'.
I certainly hope that's what the markers think.

Awkward_Ninja

HSC
The markers must get so many stories alike
Wouldn't be surpised.
50 or 60 thousand kids all writing a cliched story that are all pretty much the same, would get fairly boring after the first thousand.
Then occasionally they get one that's nothing like they've ever read before and then they give it a 15 without a second thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)