Section 2 - Creative Writing (2 Viewers)

HAZZA12

HSC
I waffled on for two pages, my story related to belonging but didnt really go anywhere or make any sense. im screwed ):

gg1994

HSC
N/A
yeah im gna get like 5 for that. my planned story had nothing to do with any of the images or time and i wasnt going to come up with another one (although i came up with the shittier version of my story in the trials) so basically there was no time in it and i mentioned picture 5 in passing. what a fail. im cut because i know i got better in trials over all for that whole exam.

gg1994

HSC
N/A
oh yeah and i didnt specify which image i used so they probably wont even realise i included it lol

freeeeee

HSC
Yeah lol, i assumed it was an old guy and women so i wrote about this old war veteran who loses his wife. loool
I also did Picture 4:
From my interpretation the man was wearing office pants and leather shoes (so i assumed a mature man of the corporate world) and the women (i assumed a young girl because she was wearing a bright dress and princess-like shoes)

Basically my story is a man addicted to enterprise in the corporate world and neglects his family and especially his daughter throughout the passage of time. He is reminded of the pass memmories of walking in the park together with his daughter (hence the grass) and his own experiences of youth etc and family relationships.

Nicole31

HSC
My teacher told me that you didnt have to centralise the stimulus to the question (she was a previous hsc marker), she said that as long as your story linked to belonging, with appropriate language devices, and did have a brief mention to the stimulus, you were not at any disadvantage... :)

But my story was about a boy reminsicing on the death of his mother, as he contemplates on the wonderful mother she was... does anybody think this links to the woman in the picture (picture 5? ) Im praying that there is an explicit link :(

haha worst creative writing though, trials paper 1 CSSA was so much better, all in all.

freeeeee

HSC
My teacher told me that you didnt have to centralise the stimulus to the question (she was a previous hsc marker), she said that as long as your story linked to belonging, with appropriate language devices, and did have a brief mention to the stimulus, you were not at any disadvantage... :)

But my story was about a boy reminsicing on the death of his mother, as he contemplates on the wonderful mother she was... does anybody think this links to the woman in the picture (picture 5? ) Im praying that there is an explicit link :(

haha worst creative writing though, trials paper 1 CSSA was so much better, all in all.
Depends on how you described your mother, that women is obviously middle-class if not of a high social heirachy, she enjoys coffee so maybe she is part of the workforce and a powerful corporate women that neglects domestic duties?, she seems to have a confident personality.

Chrasity

HSC
Initially I thought it would be funny to single out that one white kid amongst all the asians. Then I realised doing that would integrate well with my prepared creative.
I ended up writing a story about an old racist chess master with Alzheimer's who was dying and is bitter because when he was young the asian kids kicked him out of the chess club.
As a result, he is lonely and needs companionship, which he finds through an asian nurse. They play chess and he belongs.
The nurse who is listening to his story ends up being the person who kicked him out of the chess club.

rekura

HSC
did my prepared story, referred to the fishing picture 4 times (Y)

lolcakes52

HSC
I did photo 4. Story about an old lady who has no legs and lives in a nursing home, she ain't all up in the belonging shiz. Then she has some stroke cause she doesn't take her meds, on purpose, and gets all demented and belongs. Irony: Ignorance is Bliss.

freeeeee

HSC
I did photo 4. Story about an old lady who has no legs and lives in a nursing home, she ain't all up in the belonging shiz. Then she has some stroke cause she doesn't take her meds, on purpose, and gets all demented and belongs. Irony: Ignorance is Bliss.
The lady in the picture 4 had legs, and where is that man in your story?

steero1

HSC
if you didn't secify which image you used as stimulus then will you be punished?? I referenced nearly all of them throughout my creative piece.

WesternSky

HSC
I did the first picture of the boy hanging on the tree because my story I prepared for had fitted that scenery however I had blockage of the way I wrote it down when preparing and I had it so well written I was frastruated with myself but I hope it was good enough as I just re-wrote it, I'm hoping for a good mark. Creative writing is my stronger point.

d-makk

HSC
i thought the photos wernt chosen very well in terms of variety i had to create a story of love in regard to the two peoples feet standing on the grass which went ok

mwaterhouse

HSC
I chose the picture of the women in the 'cafe' yet interpreted the photo to represent communication and expressing oneself. My story was about a women who had a stroke and henceforth became paralysed. It explored how the incident and her inability to speak caused her children to view her as an 'empty shell' and that her only friend was her carer. specific lines i used where 'nothing but a broken moan from a broken women and 'its difficult to communicate when fate steels your speech away' but there were others which alluded to her despair at her state. I'm just worried that i didnt link it to the question/stimulus enough because i took the concept of speech rather then a women chatting in a cafe. Thoughts? did i mess it up? :(

VirtyDear

HSC
I've never prepared a story for english in my life, yet I always end up with high marks, so I wasn't really worried. My biggest issue with this exam is that I didn't have as much time as I would have liked unfortunately. I did however get out a whole story with a semi decent end. I chose the pic with the shoes and wrote about the blue dress she was wearing and how it was cursed because every time she wore it something bad happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)