section 2 question (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonblack

HSC
so what if he goes to baulkham hills and does those subjects?

it appears some forum members have established it was a good idea. If automatic had no pre made story, like most of us did, then what he did is acceptable, as it would have taken way too much time to create a whole new scenario.

i know many people who go to baulkham hills, and they strike me as a collectively smart group. just because he types funny because he uses msn too much doesn't mean he doesn't know what hes doing.

if that sunflower was intricately described in the most amazing way, i have no doubt this kid will beat you. sunflowers attract a wide variety of markers who aren't up for the doggy style shit you probably wrote nuclear.

so dump the tree and get a clue.

edit: you should remove that picture too, as it is offensive to a wide range of people who visit this website.

1. young children may not like it, especially if there parents are viewing and they might be confused as to what forum is this child viewing?
2. members of the gay and lesbian community may be sorely insulted by your one-way display of affection to a woman, either have no pic or have a pic of you kissing a man as well. that way everyone's happy
3. older people may not be happy because you are causing them to reminisce of their older times when they were young. this is not fair as time is irreversible and clearly they cannot kiss some hot young chick again, with the exception of hugh hefner

if you add these sectors of the public together the result is a substantial portion of the community who are offended by your stupid attempt to display your popularity (and belonging). i pleasantly urge you to remove the picture. there is something else which is pretty vomit about the picture but i can't tell you exactly.

Last edited:

daniel81

HSC
Nah I dont think theres too many multis, the creation dates are mostly before this month. And automatic, well done, i reckon a 13 at least. You even had a clever intertextual reference relevant to your story in there, great work. Stop being so jealous nuclear. And guys, dont be so harsh, his girl looks oak-ay

moonblack

HSC
you live in newcastle.

just stay out of this will you? go back to the beach, silly.

nah honestly you have no clue what you're talking about, this could be truly serious. it sounds plausible and if a troll sounds plausible then we can discuss it too.

for you never know maybe there are few people who did something similar, who have been too scared to own up. this thread will console them. first of all, that text was written well otherwise it wouldn't have been included if in the instance he is not caught for plagiarising then it will probably have the best expression out of all our stories.

and nuclear, she looks like a philipino, is she pineoy?

janetO

HSC
Sorry, but cant help but agree with Nuclear.
Who the fuck copies almost the entire text from Section I and uses it as their own creative piece. No, seriously?

closmo

HSC
girlfriend is ugly she looks like a tree
Actually that's half a metaphor.

And I think if you had of made it more your own it would have worked better in your favour, BUT if you used the EXACT lines from the previous texts then I don't think it will have gone to well for you.

And there's nothing wrong with using a prepared story. Our teachers told us to, and so we did. It makes it easier on the student AND you don't get stuck for plagiarisim.

Anyway, I should say goodluck...

But because you're a douche I won't :)

Last edited:

moonblack

HSC
rofl thats not a metaphor...

its a simile, he is saying she looks LIKE a tree, if it was a metaphor, he would have said, that tree or your girlfriend is a tree...

its definetely a simile if you went to primary school they sure let you know that a simile uses like or as and a metaphor is basically "is"

like that other person earlier, get clue.

Scinery

HSC
nup i think for it to be a simile it has to be "she IS like a tree" and wtf its no metaphor

its defffo emotive language + visual imagery tho

daniel81

HSC
As well as the clever intertextual reference, he has the visual motif of the sunflower used to simultaneously convey the beauty of the path to belonging and satisfy the stimulus and the idea that the sunflower grew through his acceptance, reinforcing its symbolism of the path to belonging and coming to represent the output of his acceptance.

Cmon guys, lets not be jealous of this automatic guy, he's clearly brilliant.

moonblack

HSC
A simile is a figure of speech comparing two unlike things, often introduced with the word "like" or "as".[1] Even though similes and metaphors are both forms of comparison, similes allow the two ideas to remain distinct in spite of their similarities, whereas metaphors compare two things without using "like" or "as". For instance, a simile that compares a person with a bullet would go as follows: "John was a record-setting runner and as fast as a speeding bullet." A metaphor might read something like, "John was a record-setting runner. That speeding bullet could zip past you without you even knowing he was there."

i see what u mean, closmo, good find

a simile compares 2 unlike things

but because his girlfriend and a tree are similar, we have a conundrum

nah its a simile, u got owned by me

edit :

its a simile, vic, and if automatic put that in his story, theres so many techniques in that one line!!!

man this guy is a genius

nosh22

HSC
No way. You cannot possibly be serious!
You can't completely turn around and ignore the question which in the instructions basically states your idea should stem from the stimulus in QUESTION TWO. "Using this...."

What Automatic has done, is said to the marker that his story didn't fit and has ovbiously decided to ignore the question and use another stimulus. Imagine if everybody did that! This probably parallels with writing a belonging essay to a question that you made up yourself, and prefer, than to the actual exam question.

You are meant to relate your piece of writing to the stimulus that goes with the question. Not rocket science.

I'm with Nuclear. I would bet my life that his story is better. Not only is it original, but judging from Automatic's spelling and grammar, he couldn't write an A-range story in 40 minutes on the spot. Not many people can.

Umm... in paper 2, I suggest answering the question they actually ask.:skip:

And also, you don't need to have a reference to a plant. Go for the implied effect - Acceptance vs rejection.

Last edited:

Scinery

HSC
srsly though... wen pplz r on pc's dey tlk lyk dizz all da time

im sure the OP's story was much better than what he showed us, and i think he was just asking us whether the CONCEPT of what he did was okay.

i think the concept is ok since it seems to have connected with the stimulus, and if it was 11 pages then it would obviously have been of significant depth and length.

The only possible problem was the slight plagiarism, but i think that could easily be passed off as "clever intertextuality" as someone else said.

obviously not a 15, but certainly higher than 9 or 10

Nuclear

HSC
srsly though... wen pplz r on pc's dey tlk lyk dizz all da time

im sure the OP's story was much better than what he showed us, and i think he was just asking us whether the CONCEPT of what he did was okay.

i think the concept is ok since it seems to have connected with the stimulus, and if it was 11 pages then it would obviously have been of significant depth and length.

The only possible problem was the slight plagiarism, but i think that could easily be passed off as "clever intertextuality" as someone else said.

obviously not a 15, but certainly higher than 9 or 10
Yes. A plagiarised story about a guy who feels he belongs because people like his sunflower is DEFINITELY 9 or 10 material.

And my girlfriend looks nothing like a tree (And saying she looks like a tree is a simile, btw).

I am in complete disbelief that I come back after my exam today to see this thread up to 10 pages!

Automatic is either an idiot, or a troll. But definitely a tool.

I'm guessing most of the people in this threads are alts/trollin' as well.

butterflybek

HSC
prob not the best idea... as long as it doesnt sound too much like the text 4 u should be right.. but the fact that u used quotes from it prob doesnt help ur case. and u should never have written a note to the marker they hate it... hopefully u didnt go too badly..

howlc

HSC
WHY would u base it off something THEY will 100% know is plagiarism?

JimmyChoo

HSC
WHY would u base it off something THEY will 100% know is plagiarism?
You tell me...
Likewise, why would you think you had to write a story about flowers, when it's obviously a metaphor? It's people like this that ensure everyone else gets a slightly higher ATAR =D

nosh22

HSC
Lol at above quote. So true. :jump:
*Prays people get penalised for doing 2 related materials in Section 3*

elliotkool

HSC
I'm sorry if this is stupid....the guy is probably a troll, but does it actually state anywhere that you can't use the other texts as stimulus?
umm..i'm sure they say..using the stimulus provided below..i dont know..it doesnt make sense to say hey..use the stimulus..thats in the whole booklet..you get what i'm saying? i'm sure they put the stimulus there for a reason..

and person who started this thread..thats a good idea..but i'm not sure how you'll go with that..despite the fact that you can relate to it and you've managed to subvert it to 'your work', i think there's a good chance BOS will have some issues with it, because overall it's not really your plot..=[

boganxcore

HSC
hahaha guys this is a postmodern age - nothing's sacred. i appropriated t.s. eliot's 'the love song of j. alfred prufrock' for my creative piece, asked my teacher (hsc marker) afterwards if it is okay to appropriate stuff and he said it's fine.

btw, this guy is probably trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)