Section 2 (1 Viewer)

oz_rocker

Todd Heslin
HSC
that_girl said:
how did you objectify 'consumerism'?
Well with great illogical difficuilty! I just said made consumerism a person...who hangs out with his mates capitalism and imperialism haha...blabed on about its jouney through time.

Lucky for double marking, im sure i will get a 15 and a 2 hahaha

oz_rocker

Todd Heslin
HSC
that_girl said:
how did you objectify 'consumerism'?
Well with great illogical difficuilty! I just said made consumerism a person...who hangs out with his mates capitalism and imperialism haha...blabed on about its jouney through time.

Lucky for double marking, im sure i will get a 15 and a 2 hahaha - they cant say it aint creative!!

Dr_Doom

HSC
I wrote about a guy who saved his daughter from a collapsing lighthouse, and he ended up loosing his legs. Found his hidden talent of singing and became rich. Then in the last paragraph he passed away whilst telling the end of the story. lool

Mel_b

HSC
oz_rocker said:
QUOTE]

Ummm... did you mean personify? Objectify means when you treat a person as an object, as in 'that diet coke ad with the shirtless window cleaner totally objectifies men'. Not to make something a physical entity.

that_girl

HSC
oz_rocker said:

Lucky for double marking, im sure i will get a 15 and a 2 hahaha
lol! probli 15, they will just be glad they got to read something different and ungeneric.

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
I had a prepared story that I had played around with to fit the text type of a short story/letter/feature article, so the question they gave us was really good for my story. I basically wrote about the imaginative journey of the artist; his process of artistic and imaginative creation and yadi yadi ya, and linked it in with the generic grandfather thing.

abhi_89

abhi_007
HSC
" write in a form you think fits your purpose" MADE MY DAY.. the 10 minz reading time was spent revelling in my good luck.. which is maybe why i bombed section 1 :)

oz_rocker

Todd Heslin
HSC
Mel_b said:
oz_rocker said:
QUOTE]

Ummm... did you mean personify? Objectify means when you treat a person as an object, as in 'that diet coke ad with the shirtless window cleaner totally objectifies men'. Not to make something a physical entity.
Yeah your right, my mistake!

HSC
I hope the markers don't have a problem with what I wrote. I'd prepared for a series of four letters, the first three were addressed to his wife and outline someones attempts to rescue his kidnapped daughter. The fourth was from a British embassy to the wife and it reveals that the man killed an innocent person, the wife left him a long time ago and the daughter never existed.

Anyway, I just chucked in a paragraph between each which had this old man in what is revealed as an asylum give the letters to his step grandson and recite them as he read (a lame way to get around the fact that his voice reveals the story).

psychopath

HSC
i dont get why people talked so much about this old guy .. i virtually ignored it .. i just had a dude watching a tv documentry where an old man was telling of how he changed the life of a child .. and then had my dude reflect on how he's wasting his life ... :|

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
NOTICE TO ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO SAY THAT THIS QUESTION WAS THE BEST EVER:

1. Your prepared creative writing was about some old grandfather whispering his magnificent life-changing story to his grandchild before coughing up blood and dying, with the child hanging on to his hand, tears running down their cheeks, saying "now I understand." LAME STORYLINE - you would've failed anyway. Now, the whole state has rewritten the same lame storyline, so you fail even more(your original mark minus about 10)

2. You do Eng. X2. The whole subject is creative writing. You would've gotten 25/15 anyway. Don't come on here and make me feel bad.

3. The old man telling his last story is cliched. Look that word up.

4. The old man is an OLD MAN - i.e. the old man = BORING.

5. The question clearly states: "Use this extract as the opening for a piece of writing... blah blah blah." The question does not state: "Use this extract somewhere in the middle of your piece." Conclusion: restrictive subject, especially on a time limit, to all those who don't do Ext. 2. (Plus, lots of people are saying that they wrote the quote somewhere in the middle)

6. A journey of DISCOVERY - inner journey - how many people do inner journeys??

7. I could've dealt with the extract just being a stimulus, even if it was the only one. Also, without the discovery stuff.

8. Don't knock people who do prepared responses. At least we studied. We would've gotten better marks than you anyway.

9. They changed it from the previous two years, which isn't fair because the previous two years is all we've had to go by (where the AOS was Journeys).

10. My prepared piece was damn good. I spent a lot of time on that hawt piece of writing.

11. Point proven.

That is all.

Last edited:

maskd

HSC
bananasmoothy said:

1. Your prepared creative writing was about some old grandfather whispering his magnificent life-changing story to his grandchild before coughing up blood and dying, with the child hanging on to his hand, tears running down their cheeks, saying "now I understand." LAME STORYLINE - you would've failed anyway. Now, the whole state has rewritten the same lame storyline, so you fail even more(your original mark minus about 10)

2. You do Eng. X2. The whole subject is creative writing. You would've gotten 25/15 anyway. Don't come on here and make me feel bad.

5. The question clearly states: "Use this extract as the opening for a piece of writing... blah blah blah." The question does not state: "Use this extract somewhere in the middle of your piece." Conclusion: restrictive subject, especially on a time limit, to all those who don't do Ext. 2. (Plus, lots of people are saying that they wrote the quote somewhere in the middle)

6. A journey of DISCOVERY - inner journey - how many people do inner journeys??

7. I could've dealt with the extract just being a stimulus, even if it was the only one. Also, without the discovery stuff.

8. Don't knock people who do prepared responses. At least we studied. We would've gotten better marks than you anyway.

9. They changed it from the previous two years, which isn't fair because the previous two years is all we've had to go by (where the AOS was Journeys).

10. Point proven.

That is all.
I loved this question, the quote was fun.

1. My story was about 2 people about to rob a bank, they fall into a large, invisible hole and stupid shit happens.

2. I just manage to do Advanced English.

3. Didn't do an old man story.

4. Didn't write about the old man ;)

5. I used the quote at the very start and didn't find it to be restrictive.

6. I do imaginative journeys, there are still discoverys to be learnt in the story, the main characters discovers himself to be homosexual.

7. Wouldn't have been as fun that way!

8. Prepared stories are fail, it's about creativity, you don't plan creativity.

9. They want to challenge us, not do the same thing over and over agian.

10. No.

:p

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Hmmm

Well I read the opening, and I thought that it didn't fit my kinda-prepared narrative. I didn't want to sound like the narrative didn't fit the beginning. I thought, "Oh well, I like creative writing anyway, I'll just make up a new one.

The old man was telling his friend about his addiction to meth and how it ruined his career. He was CEO of a char manafacturing company, and people from a rival chair company, ChairWare, pulled up alongside him and offered him a ride to discuss a business deal. He drank the champagne they offered him and that is the last thing he remembered before he woke up in a small room not knowing where he was. He used the skills he learnt in ninja school to escape from the room, and he realised he was in Nigeria. He was then offered a drug trafficking task by Nigerian thugs in exchange for his business class flight back home. He accepted, but when he got to Amsterdam, he decided to smoke the crystal meth in the parcel himself. In his state of meth-fueled energy, he robbed a bank and used the money to fly back to Sydney. But he was homeless then because he was an addict. The guy he is talking to is also homeless. He also dies.
That's all I remember
0/15

HSC
bananasmoothy said:

That is all.
So wait, you attack people for writing their piece about an old man who is telling his last story, even though the question says "He told me one last story. He used his aged ruined voice"?

Storys from the perspective of old men don't have to be boring.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
maskd said:
I loved this question, the quote was fun.

1. My story was about 2 people about to rob a bank, they fall into a large, invisible hole and stupid shit happens.

2. I just manage to do Advanced English.

3. Didn't do an old man story.

4. Didn't write about the old man ;)

5. I used the quote at the very start and didn't find it to be restrictive.

6. I do imaginative journeys, there are still discoverys to be learnt in the story, the main characters discovers himself to be homosexual.

7. Wouldn't have been as fun that way!

8. Prepared stories are fail, it's about creativity, you don't plan creativity.

9. They want to challenge us, not do the same thing over and over agian.

10. No.

:p
Sweetheart, I don't have an English tutor. I wrote my creative writing response using my own creativity. And then got feedback from everyone. And then wrote it again. And then got feedback. And then repeated this process several times. And it was, IS, hawt. *10 point list expanded to 11 points*

Prepared stories are NOT fail. They have worked time and time again.

If the BOS wants to challenge us, then staple the answers to the back of the question booklet. I'm all for challenging. But not surprising.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
dieburndie said:
Hmmm

Well I read the opening, and I thought that it didn't fit my kinda-prepared narrative. I didn't want to sound like the narrative didn't fit the beginning. I thought, "Oh well, I like creative writing anyway, I'll just make up a new one.

The old man was telling his friend about his addiction to meth and how it ruined his career. He was CEO of a char manafacturing company, and people from a rival chair company, ChairWare, pulled up alongside him and offered him a ride to discuss a business deal. He drank the champagne they offered him and that is the last thing he remembered before he woke up in a small room not knowing where he was. He used the skills he learnt in ninja school to escape from the room, and he realised he was in Nigeria. He was then offered a drug trafficking task by Nigerian thugs in exchange for his business class flight back home. He accepted, but when he got to Amsterdam, he decided to smoke the crystal meth in the parcel himself. In his state of meth-fueled energy, he robbed a bank and used the money to fly back to Sydney. But he was homeless then because he was an addict. The guy he is talking to is also homeless. He also dies.
That's all I remember
0/15
Haha, I like that. 15/15.

H

housemouse

Whoever posted that they killed off the old man right after the quote and then writing whatever they wanted, i thought that was funny but im sure you wont get high marks for that.

maskd

HSC
bananasmoothy said:
Sweetheart, I don't have an English tutor. I wrote my creative writing response using my own creativity. And then got feedback from everyone. And then wrote it again. And then got feedback. And then repeated this process several times. And it was, IS, hawt. *10 point list expanded to 11 points*

Prepared stories are NOT fail. They have worked time and time again.

If the BOS wants to challenge us, then staple the answers to the back of the question booklet. I'm all for challenging. But not surprising.
Alright... I don't have a tutor either. And what's the point of even doing a test if it's going to be predictable, all it is is memorising crap then, that's not what English is about.

dieburndie said:
That's all I remember
I like that story.

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
i guess it didn't have to be boring.
because i made him recall the story of his wifes journey, recalling it word by word, just like how she told him.
*i wrote my story*

then change of time, he finishes, and hands me something (mentioned ins tory) and then i realise something.

done.

=D

it was good, i found it ok. i prepared. it got me a 13/15 in my skool, should get higher in hsc, if the ppl like my style. if not, i hope my length mite impress... 10 pages... *sigh*

sideshowtim

HSC
bananasmoothy said:
i don't agree with this, i think using the old man character in your story was fine as long as you use it well and don't make it a death bed reflecting thing which i'm sure many people did. if you use the old man to tell a strange and non-cliched story i think you'll be right.

also, you criticise others for making people feel bad 'cos they're in extension 2, but that massive post of yours isn't going to make too many people feel good about themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)