Section 2 (1 Viewer)

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
yeh i think i failed this creative writing though. plus i think the teacher who marked my trials and half yearly was being nice :) lol

sickdog12

HSC
sammi260 said:
plus i think the teacher who marked my trials and half yearly was being nice :) lol
omg i haaate that....we got a teacher at our school for english that no matter what u put in front of her its a band 6 response haha gives me the shits...

we cant get consistency at our school....the same essay.....different teacher = band 4

grrrrrrrrr :bomb:

fishy89sg

HSC
this section was OK

hopefully using stimulus (a) 4-5 times is enough to be considered part of a "central" piece of writing

pattyo34

HSC
unluckyinlove07 said:
im a bit worried about this one

i wrote 4 and a half pages which is good, but during my trials my teacher and tutor was just giving us papers from 2002 and 2003 where it was all on change

so i wrote mine all about change

i know ti wastnt the prescribed AOS and the teacher was like 'dont do it' on our last day, but it was still a pretty well written piece (i know change heaps well seeing as though i did about 20 change essays) so im hoping the markers see that and give me good marks as a result

would be interested to hear how everyone else went with this question

sorry for being the one to break this to you.. but uhhh yeah, WE'VE BEEN DOING JOURNEYS ALL YEAR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH DID YOU CHOOSE THE TOPICS FROM 4 YEARS AGO??!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

so yes, essentially, no matter how good our story is, it has nothing to do with journeys (p.s. the question asked for a story about a journey) so yeah, im pretty sure that you won't get many marks for it, bad move, 20 marks down the thunderbox

starrysky

HSC
I had an even 40 minutes for this section. I chose the first quote, because the third one would've had me rambling and the second one was a bit too blah. I wrote five pages for it, and used the same story I had for my trial, so it's all good.

I was actually happier with Section III, because I was happy when I got through that and then lapsed into a period of apathy for the rest of the exam; I did this section last. Meh.

navelj

HSC
i don't know why you did your essays on change and your creative on change - the aos is the journey - are you crazy. Anyways, i thought i did ok on creative - i wrote 9 pages in about 35 minutes - but my ending was crap.

Girlfriend

HSC
N/A
the question suited my story perfectly.... it wasnt a hard question.

if only i actually wrote it.

kokodamonkey

HSC
used the first quote. thought it was a bit lazy of the bos to take the quotes from the reading section!

Remembered all of my preprepared creative so did 1-2paras at begging to bs the quote and link into story and rest was sweet!

fatemjay

rof
HSC
the creative was in the exact same format as the fort street trial this year, and the imag question was exactly the same

i sense a conspiracy.

G

gaoOO

fatemjay said:
the creative was in the exact same format as the fort street trial this year, and the imag question was exactly the same

i sense a conspiracy.
are you kidding?

can you post up the fort street trial, or at least the exact questions?

airbag

HSC
I LOVED that question

9 pages!

Cryptozoological jongleurs ftw!

I even managed to mention lycanthropy

and two sentences in a row of alliteration

and it had a moral!

I couldn't be more happy

watiwat

HSC
i wrote 4.5 pages.. mentioned exams, ageing supervisors.. used the 3rd quote.. had a clock explode.. and a pen..

after we handed up our booklets.. our principal had us pretend to be in "exam" mode for 2min so that ch10 could film us.. and we all started doodling on our question papers..

Last edited:
HSC
I thought it was ok! =] My story involved the night sky and stars and stuff ( among other things ) so i just used the sentence when describing the stars

"A mosaic, a dance of broken, gleaming fragments". and kept refering to the night sky as a mosaic of gleaming fragments so hopefully it was ok!

katie2261

HSC
Rafy said:
Share your overall thoughts of Section 2.

Was it what you prepared for? How did you find the question?
Overall I think it was pretty good.
It was pretty difficult but I managed to work my prepared story (which I did really well with in my trial) to fit in with the first quote.

fishy89sg

HSC
petro283 said:
unless he's refering to that fact that he did a change essay AND creative, which he got 5/15 each in, then he would lose 20 marks (cause change links with journeys and i think you get mark(s) if you write anything

G

gaoOO

pattyo34 said:
sorry for being the one to break this to you.. but uhhh yeah, WE'VE BEEN DOING JOURNEYS ALL YEAR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH DID YOU CHOOSE THE TOPICS FROM 4 YEARS AGO??!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

so yes, essentially, no matter how good our story is, it has nothing to do with journeys (p.s. the question asked for a story about a journey) so yeah, im pretty sure that you won't get many marks for it, bad move, 20 marks down the thunderbox
sorry, that is the most retarded thing i've heard in my life.

firstly the miscounted marks as someone else pointed, but if you're stupid enough to think that a creative on the area of CHANGE is completely unrelated to JOURNEYS, i'm really wondering what you studied this year.

now if this was section III, it would be bad, but it's the CREATIVE. Writing about change should be completely fine.

RedTape

HSC
b) fitted perfectly with my prepared story. I was so happy when I saw the quote. Wrote about six pages.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
I did alright, I think. Used the mosaic quote, related it to a broken heart in the introduction. Continued on with my story. Ended up with approx 6 pages

However well I do here, (Assuming I do good <.<) it's not gonna help out my sections 1+3, however -.-;

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)