Section 2 (2 Viewers)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
oh gosh , theres such a range of ideas haha.
i did imaginative journeys , so i talked about each of my cherished memories being a shard of glass , joining together to form a mosaic.

a friend of mine did the same , but used the same quote on a literal basis , so yeah haha. two different interpretations !

gaoOO said:
are you kidding?

can you post up the fort street trial, or at least the exact questions?
i sure friggen hope he`s kidding , but yeah - post up your trials Q !

Qualona

HSC
omg! heaps of people on here and at school did the third quote!

i actually used the second quote, something about the past is another country but the only passport you need is empathy. It kinda fitted my story i planned so i just changed it around a bit.

i didnt include the quote though. i didnt think you had to coz it said it had to be the central idea or something. anyway i think i did well.

YAY journeys is over. ill be so happy after monday coz we'll never have to think about english again. well untill we get our results! :)

sezza899

HSC
I used the third option… I wrote a narrative in the holidays that I really wanted to use, and to my relief I was able to integrate the quote and my story really, really well.

I was happy about that.

I’m really glad I prepared that answer to, I wrote about 5- 6 pages. And finished with time to spare… something I don’t usually do at all.

Anyone who tells you not to at least think of a few topics to write is silly, it really helps when you get in there if you have an idea about something to write, and the questions are usually pretty open ended to interpretation so you can usually write whatever you want.
If you have an idea you can focus a lot on your figurative language and the way you write it, rather than what you’re going to write about.... I only wish I'd known that in the trial, I did really crap in the creative writing i got like 10/15... thats why I prepared an answer this time.

Last edited:

richo90

HSC
i used the 1st quote, and then half way through realised i wasnt answering what the queston wanted, so i had to sorta turn my writing into a compltely different story

patchy20

HSC
unluckyinlove07 said:
im a bit worried about this one

i wrote 4 and a half pages which is good, but during my trials my teacher and tutor was just giving us papers from 2002 and 2003 where it was all on change

so i wrote mine all about change

i know ti wastnt the prescribed AOS and the teacher was like 'dont do it' on our last day, but it was still a pretty well written piece (i know change heaps well seeing as though i did about 20 change essays) so im hoping the markers see that and give me good marks as a result

would be interested to hear how everyone else went with this question
why would your teachers and tutors give you change papers when we are doing journeys? thats seems stupid to me.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Lol, I don't think I know what a mosaic actually is, so I focussed more on the broken fragments part XD

pattyo34

HSC
gaoOO said:
now if this was section III, it would be bad, but it's the CREATIVE. Writing about change should be completely fine.
be my guest, go ahead and write a story on the wrong topic.... i guess its ok if you have fun writing it..... if you turn it into the whole "winning isn't everything" attitude, but apart from that, it was they're last chance at showing what they have learned this year, and they just went and wrote a story about change........ no matter how co-incidental the story might have luckily been to the topic of journeys, even if the story had to do with a journey, just the fact that they wrote it with the intention of it being to do with change, wow, feeling pretty confident now.

sykoticx

HSC
omfg... i had like half and hour for this...
and I didn't have a clue what to write about so I jus rambled on..
and then randomly "yeah everywher he goes people chat to him"...
omg.. there goes my UAI...

G

gaoOO

pattyo34 said:
be my guest, go ahead and write a story on the wrong topic.... i guess its ok if you have fun writing it..... if you turn it into the whole "winning isn't everything" attitude, but apart from that, it was they're last chance at showing what they have learned this year, and they just went and wrote a story about change........ no matter how co-incidental the story might have luckily been to the topic of journeys, even if the story had to do with a journey, just the fact that they wrote it with the intention of it being to do with change, wow, feeling pretty confident now.
Any CHANGE is a JOURNEY. Especially if it's a creative.

get that into your head... i need a rolling eyes emoticon.

Last edited by a moderator:

xinxin89

HSC
least u guys actually based ur story on the quote...i merely inserted it in like the second last sentence...forming part of the description, i didn't get wat they meant by using it as a central idea

i couldn't see any ideas or concepts in those quotes, they were just broken phrases to me lol

there goes 15 marks, basically i didn't answer the question

Last edited:

pattyo34

HSC
gaoOO said:
Any CHANGE is a JOURNEY. Especially if it's a creative.

get that into your head... i need a rolling eyes emoticon.
well i'm glad the UAI is a rank, that means im at least one up on the only kid in the state who wrote about an archaic topic

nedcooper1

HSC
How 'central' do you think the quote had to be? Because mine just fitted into my feature article nicely but it became part of one of many ideas expressed in the article.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
pattyo34 said:
well i'm glad the UAI is a rank, that means im at least one up on the only kid in the state who wrote about an archaic topic
God, get over it. Yes, they did something silly, no, it probably won't make a difference.

It's a creative piece, the marker has to interpret your meaning. They'll probably see it as an inner journey or something.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Gosh that was crappy...my creative wasnt even remotely related to any of the quotes. I just made a lose connection at the beginning...I hope it wasnt too obscure...

~untitled~

HSC
Haha, i used the third option. And I already pre-prepared a sappy amish culture-mixing love story, that happened to fit perfectly with the whole mosaic type picture thing, so i just chucked the quote in and hopefully the examiners can see what i was trying to do. But i was rushing for time and needed to get onto my essay, so it wasnt as good as it should have been. But im just hoping the examiners know at least a little bit about Amish culture, or im fucked (just like in the other 2 sections).

marwanjamiel

HSC
Ummm yeah.

People, Creative is the only question where quantity does not matter. Seriously. Good job wasting about 4 pages or more of writing you could have used in Section III or in making a higher quality Section II. The CGS trial had the guy topping it write only 1 and 1/4 pages and he got 14. Myself, with 3 pages, got 12, and that would've been one of the top as well. Other kids writing 6 and things got 11 and below. Creative is testing your ability to write well first, and through that convey the concept of journeys. Really anything more than 300 words is marked equal, length does not factor into this. I know that our teacher told us in the pre-2001 HSC, creative markers would stop marking after 500 words. They have removed that cap now, but the point that the length of your creative should be short and sweet remains. That means that by writing heaps of pages without thinking, you are actually WORSENING your marks.

Anyway, I wrote about a guy going on a solitary journey from present Iraq and to Iran. I used C) and spoke of how the mosaic and fragments was Iraq shattering. It was a prepared story (but not prepared total answer), and it fit well with the question imo. I have used variants of this story with success, so hopefully I'll get big deals. I wrote 2 and a bit pages, about 400 words.

Peace.

Last edited:

ssglain

HSC
yoakim said:
I chose the last one. "...A mosaic, a dance of broken, gleaming fragments".

Did you guys include the quotation in your stories?
Same here.

I used the quote twice throughout my story and I also threw in a couple of words like "broken" and "fragments" here and there. I wrote exactly 7 pages in 30 mins. I'm quite happy about my story.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
xinxin89 said:
least u guys actually based ur story on the quote...i merely inserted it in like the second last sentence...forming part of the description, i didn't get wat they meant by using it as a central idea

i couldn't see any ideas or concepts in those quotes, they were just broken phrases to me lol

there goes 15 marks, basically i didn't answer the question
Ah! Nobody believe what she says. She always says stuff like this and gets at least 14/15. :p

zangetsu.xo said:
i used the passport one and wrote about boat people.
everyone seems to be really amused when i say that~
I think it's because a lot of Asians write about boat people. :D

Last edited:

Gigabyte89

HSC
I used the first quote and wrote about another character meeting J.T Wilson.

Did anyone else write about Wilson?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)