Section 3 - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

cpwincess19

HSC
How the **** does this question relate to strictly ballroom?!?!

All of my rage

all of it.
I CAN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE !
for fucks sake , that was the worst for strictly ballroom ... what did you write about ?
I wrote about Fife as my major character talking about how he doesn't belong without the ballroom context (place) :/
How about you ?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
it doesnt matter THAT much that emily dickenson failed (a lot of my cohort were furious about this) because everyone found it hard, so it will probably align better
Do they align Paper 1 essays seperately like with paper 2 though?

bigbirdbanana

HSC
I was really surprised that they had something so specific for the essay seeing as the prescribed texts all focus on different aspects of belonging. 'The Crucible' was defs not suited to the question, I had prepared an essay essentially about the relationship between the individual and society so I essentially said that one's relationship with their society influences their sense of belonging to that place. Hopefully the markers won't see through my bullshitting... hahahaha

snaz

HSC
Yeah The Crucible was difficult...I looked at belonging to the place of a community and marraige. Also how if you can't belong to a 'place' you turn to belong to self.

At least, it's one less exam - glass half full people, not half empty :)

snaz

HSC
P.S...marraige and place really didn't work...

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
I think it was a great question!

I'm so happy it asked for at least 1 related!

breeee

HSC
I thought it was a horrible question! Personally, I think more insightful personal opinions on belonging can be assessed when it is a broader question. I had Dickinson and all I could really say was she has a connection to nature but obviously not to her society (hopefully, a society can pass as a 'place').

kumarrr

HSC
man, romulus my father was hard to adapt, but i bs'd the whole way.....im not sure if i did that well

SpreadTheWord

HSC
This i found difficult. However this question was practically the same as i had done for an assessment...so. It requires an understanding of the text, as opposed to those who just remember the essay. I answered it, and believe i made a good attempt, however luckily i finished my creative 20 minutes early, as this gave me time to plan it. I still wrote 4-5 pages for creative, and my writing is small to medium...so before you say you probably wrote large, etc. lol

A-Nonentity

HSC
Scrzynecki was good for place, but I had two other main points which I had to totally warp around to fit into the question. It was good to have place, but it felt pretty limited. It should have been something like a connection to place and communities or something like that haha

Vidhya

HSC
I did Migrant Hostel and Feliks SkrzzI'LLNEVERHAVETOSPELLITAGAIN but I didn't like the fact that the question was so narrow. Last year's was quite similar but it said interactions with others and the world around them, so it was much more general (which I prefer). But whatevs, it's over! :)

HSC
Uni Grad
i didnt know wat to write so i did a detailed sketch of one of the supervisors

what band am i likely to get???
:cool:

deebsm

HSC
I did As You Like It and it was pretty easy, just blabbed on and on about Duke Senior, Rosalind, Celia and Jacques. Hopefully I did well... spent about 50 minutes on it. :S English is the worst for me...

catalyst91

HSC
i didnt know wat to write so i did a detailed sketch of one of the supervisors

what band am i likely to get???
:cool:
Dependant on the intricacy and visual appeal.. though I'd say state ranking for sure.

man, romulus my father was hard to adapt, but i bs'd the whole way.....im not sure if i did that well
Romulus would be easier than Crucible though haha. Cultural and Social belonging within a place links more closely than my mainly based social + religious belonging and place ><

Last edited:
HSC
CAN SOMEONE PM ME THE ANSWER TO THIS

in my intro i talked about a 3rd poem i was going to talk about for the essay, like said the ideas bought across....during the test i kept it in the back of my mind to cross it out because i ran out of time and couldn't include it, BUT I DIDN'T CROSS IT OUT!!! WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN NOW :'( :'(

ven

HSC
The Crucible I found really hard to write about! I basically related place with Salem as a place/society and how Abigail/Tituba didn't belong, and about Proctors house as a setting of not belonging in his relationship, aswell as the court as a 'place' deciding whether people belong.
Hopefully I did okay, didn't add many techniques at all though :(

Jacko32

HSC
N/A
I studied Ten Canoes by Rolf De Heer (film) - about aboriginals and their land etc etc worked well for me
Other text was a poster by mission australia, and it was representing a homeless man bla bla bla

Worked well for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)