Section 3 - Extended Response (2 Viewers)

Pkes4eva

HSC
was it only me who got fucked because i didnt have place in my related

Tennisaddict

HSC
So lucky! my generic was based on the 2010 question and AYLI really fit it.
Scared they're gonna kill us tommorow but :/

vamperstien

HSC
I did As You Like It and I found the question awful! not only did it really limit you, so you couldn't dissive belonging in a really deep or insightful way, but belonging to place?! seriously I had like no substantial points, I ended up doing that for you had to know your own identity and indivduality to know what connections to make to place, but i didn't to a huge amount more than pay lip service to it

harrypeace

HSC
question: I didn't finish my conclusion for the belonging essay D: how much marks will they take off for that is the rest of the essay is decent?

gunat61

HSC
it doesnt matter THAT much that emily dickenson failed (a lot of my cohort were furious about this) because everyone found it hard, so it will probably align better
sorry to sound noob .. but what's aligning exactly? do we get scaled up for doing crappy in ED ?? do we? haha i hope so ..

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I understand that the question was not suited for particular texts such as The Crucible, but I can understand where the BoS were coming from, specifying "place" automatically neutralises those people who just memorised prepared essays

Exotic

HSC
This paper was perfect for Skrzynecki. I didnt have a prepared essay, but i was gonna do feliks, 10 mary st and ancestors with "another brick in the wall" as a related. When i saw that it was place i changed ancestors with post card and used the scream as a related text cos it fits better. Even though i wasnt ready it was easy to adapt any poem to the question.

harrypeace

HSC
yes but 'place' can relate to people too and connections in general. I thought it was really broad. Like if you connected with people -> you connect better with the place -> belonging.. bullshit really!

Last edited:
HSC
I understand that the question was not suited for particular texts such as The Crucible, but I can understand where the BoS were coming from, specifying "place" automatically neutralises those people who just memorised prepared essays
it had practically no effect on memorised Skrzynecki poems

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
yes but 'place' can relate to people too and connections in general. I thought it was really broad. Like if you connected with people -> you connect better with the place -> belonging.. bullshit really
Yes but the question specifically said how PLACE influenced belonging and not belonging. So you really had to start with a definite place and work the other stuff in later. :/

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
I did quite alright when discussing my prescribed text, The Simple Gift. I wish I had set aside more time for myself in this question.
It was my related text, Skins that let me down... Chock-a-block with themes of Belonging... or so I thought until I read that stupid question... I managed to bullshit themes of belonging to place. Hopefully I'll get a few marks out of it.

chels777

HSC
i did Eleonora as my related text which worked quite well and ancestors and postcard for ancestors i used the dreamscape and the way in which skrzynecki used the physical environment to manipulate the audiences perception of belonging

rattle94

HSC
Okay, am I the only one that found that essay question to be a complete bitch? Places and shit like easy, but it was so annoying wording it to make sense..
No, I had trouble adapting my texts to the question >.<

Phoenix 12

HSC
Uni Grad
Did anyone do Strictly Ballroom. My class had trouble relating it to the question. I tried to talk about Scott's rejection of the superficial values of the Dance Federation as a place. Such bullshit...

Huda Shaikh

HSC
i thought this was a perfect question for skrzynecki's poems! lol
i did 10 mary street and migrant hostel... easy to relate to belonging as well as the place so i think i did good in this section ;)
but on the whole hated sections 1 and thank god we didnt HAVE to use the image for section 2... i would hve been screwed or else :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)