Section 3 - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts on Section 3 here. (Extended Response)

An individual’s perceptions of belonging evolve in response to the
passage of time and interaction with their world.

In what ways is this view of belonging represented in your
prescribed text and at least ONE other related text of your own choosing?

Last edited:

Demise

HSC
Great question, hoping for a 13/15. 3 arguments, good links and tons of quotes, techniques and analysis.

wuzongye

HSC
Need help

Hey one thing that I was pissed about is running out of time for the question2, the belonging essay. I skipped one text to finish the conclusion. It needs two prescribed text and one related text. I plane to do two poem from Peter skrzynecki, film billy Elliot and the related text from arrival cartoon. But I skipped billy Elliot one, only did two poem and one related text. I am wondering what is the consequence of this... I mean I feel really screwed.....

Lucas_

HSC
Re: Need help

Hey one thing that I was pissed about is running out of time for the question2, the belonging essay. I skipped one text to finish the conclusion. It needs two prescribed text and one related text. I plane to do two poem from Peter skrzynecki, film billy Elliot and the related text from arrival cartoon. But I skipped billy Elliot one, only did two poem and one related text. I am wondering what is the consequence of this... I mean I feel really screwed.....
What do you mean two prescribed texts? We only did one?

sakura4li

HSC
It was fine...
I did the past 2010 HSC essay and it was nearly the same question.
So yep!
Quite happy with that...

And to the person above me who didn't do 2 related and feels screw...
One related is fine...it said 'at least ONE' so there really isn't any consequences...

sakura4li

HSC
Re: Need help

What do you mean two prescribed texts? We only did one?
Prescribe text e.g. Skrzynecki collections of poems is consider as ONE prescribed, but you really are meant to do several poems in the collections

Airstrike

HSC
Yeah a bit similar but the question meant there's ALOT of ideas to cover...didn't like the question...very detailed and specific

wavess

HSC
The question was unexpected, ' an individuals perception of belonging evolve in response to the passage of time and interaction with their world'. I did 8 pages! Hope the quality of it is good

Haidys

HSC
Not only do I hate when theres more than one theme, but when they added two which aren't really related that much...it kind of sucks. Like...everyone already say had their themes and now we had to adapt it to not just ONE thing (e.g moments in time) but TWO. Sucks balls.

Titangod77

HSC
So the person before me...

So do we talk about both experiences and their alteration over time?

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC
When I first saw the question I was like WTF but I think it went alright. Not my best essay though- probs around 1000 words. My main idea was basically that our perceptions of belonging are derived from our interactions with the world but as these relationships and interactions are fluid and constantly changing, our perceptions of belonging are affected by both the passage of time and our interactions with others.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
With Romulus, I didn't really want to mention Christine because she doesn't change over time and I didn't want to disagree with the question or show 'to what extent' so had to leave a fair bit out :( Hopefully did ok, though.

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
With Romulus, I didn't really want to mention Christine because she doesn't change over time and I didn't want to disagree with the question or show 'to what extent' so had to leave a fair bit out :( Hopefully did ok, though.
I argued that as time progressed her sense of not belonging was stronger, then i went on to talk about romulus and how he didnt belong at first but as time progressed he belonged..

KierenTran

jenko
HSC
It was a bit weird at first, but i kind of shaped it to one gaining experiences and personal growth as time passes and yeh Went alright.
For those that did Immigrant Chronicles, how many poems did you use and which ones? I used Feliks and 10 Mary St

deswa1

HSC
It was a bit weird at first, but i kind of shaped it to one gaining experiences and personal growth as time passes and yeh Went alright.
For those that did Immigrant Chronicles, how many poems did you use and which ones? I used Feliks and 10 Mary St
I did Migrant Hostel and 10 Mary Street

tomp1612

HSC
i did 2 poems, each one page and for my additional text i did 2 pages, all up i got around 6 pages :)

W

Williano08

i thought it was pretty similar to the cssa trials :) did 8 pages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)