Section 3 (1 Viewer)

passion89

HSC
I was so surprised at how the level of difficulty (of the question) ranged from physical journeys to inner.

All the standard students did physical journeys at my school (whereas all the advanced students did inner and imaginative) so I felt really bad for them - it was a bit ironic...

They should have just given everyone the same question - preferably the inner journey one.

Lockhart

Fugitive/assasin
HSC
The phisical journey essay, to write about the "interpretaion of the new of the new" or something was hard. It was really hard. Fortunately the part that said do you agree with this staement made the question easy, really easy.

NO.

I found it left me pretty much talking about whatever I wanted as long as it contridicted the question. Although i did put some of that rubbish in of "phyical journey why incorporates the interpretation of the new it is something much more, etc."

I don't know whether if they see that the essays on phisical jouney were weaker as it was a more random question. if they do though they might take it into account. i would be suprised if, because the essay questions were different, the people who did inner or imaginitive journey get better marks than the Physical journey. if the averages are totally diferent they might change the marks around making a common average.

HSC
in most of my essay i was refering to my assingment [about PJz being mutlifaceted in nature] and i just changed stuff to suit this essay..

it took me 1 hour writing the damn essay, even though i timed my self and was around 40 minutes..

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
nreeves said:
OK the physical journeys question was a load of rubbish. Interpretation of the new? Seriously the Inner an imaginative journey questions were so much easier to understand.

I just hope everyone else did better than how I felt i did
That was a very standard question. I just talked about the learning experience of the journey and how it promotes one to change, whilst broadening the understanding of oneself and the world around them.

Btw, would you get marked down if you put Peter Skrzynecki instead of say Crossing the Red sea and immigrants at central station 51 when linking? Because i just wrote something like - This being similar to the migrants in Peter Skrzynecki poems etc etc. But, if it refered to just one poem, then i mentioned the title.

Last edited:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
georgechah1 said:
wtf no one here does inner journeys???
Well, inner journeys is by far the least popular focus area. Don't know why - maybe it's because the prescribed texts are a bit more obscure than for physical or imaginative.

frankyd

starlight woo!
HSC
I agreed with the question as i thought it would be the easiest thing. What I did, however, to bring everything else in about the journey, was suggest that THROUGH speculation (which is essentially the imaginative process of the journey) the traveller is able to reflect upon the world and themselves and hence renegotiate their self-philosophy.

I was worried at first because I didn't just focus on speculation but now that I'm calm and looking back I'm quite content with how I went :)

mrpie

HSC
Omg Skrzynecki Is Soooo Hot! I Was So Wet Writing About His Poems!!! I Got A Huge Erection Thinkin About Crossing The Red Sea.

georgechah1

HSC
mrpie said:
Omg Skrzynecki Is Soooo Hot! I Was So Wet Writing About His Poems!!! I Got A Huge Erection Thinkin About Crossing The Red Sea.
u poofta! u shouldent be allowed to live..

kezz_xxxx

HSC
Overall I didn't think this question was too bad. I think I managed to relate it ok to physical journeys. I said that our interpretation of the new and the way/extent it impacts on our inner being develops our undertanding of ourselves, individuals etc etc.
I don't think I argued it very well though :s

almightyBZZZ

Snib Control Officer.
HSC
Oh gosh, sounds like the imaginative and the physical journey kids had a rough trot today.

I was ecstatic with the inner question, because my thesis was 'The inner journey is often an intensely personal struggle for the realisation of identity. often, an individual must overcome obstacles, adversity and vicissitudes to achieve this outcome. often, seemly disadvantageous occurences result in the positive outcome of inner actualisation.

My mum (whose an English teacher) said it was an Olivia MacDowell thesis. If you were from Ulla that would proabbly make sense...

but yeah
I just slipped in 'this enables us to reflect upon ourselves and the challenges that have given us our identity' or soemthing.

9 and a bit pages. I was proud of that...but some people did 16...that's insane...

Farmerism

HSC
english fucken pissed me off. i dont think i did too well i didnt manage my time well enough.

first section was okay but i thought the texts were so boring and lame. they were short though whichis good. quick to read, but there was nothing substantial to say about them. like who the fuck cares about going to a mountain thats perfect for an old hippie to live in. perhaps i got it wrong but i was hoping for something more interesting than that hehe

second was cool, but my prepared story was about a girl so i did turned it into a reflective story within a story thing.. it was okay i thought i incorporated it through out.

third was a fucken pain in the ass i spent like half a fucken hour doing my core text. so shotty... and then he said we only had four minuites left - i hadnt even started my BOS..haha but fuck it. i still finished. dont htink i answered it well though haha wtf interpretation? i did a whole thing about einstein and his relativity

yeah fuck.. examiners didnt know what they were doing either haha fuck

karoooh

HSC
DAMN! :(

I argued for the speculation thing, but not once did I mention that it was important. I.e. I never reinforced the idea that it was the most important, just that you do speculate on the journey. SHIT. And now looking back, I don't even agree with the statement. :(:(:(:(

Goodbye UNSW. :(

rendezvous-al

HSC
After the exam me and my mates went and ask our English teacher about interpretation for the new. (Physical) She said the obvious one to write about is "new experiences" gained.

I agree with "interpreting the new" and wrote a booklet and abit. :)

frankyd

starlight woo!
HSC
karoooh said:
DAMN! :(

I argued for the speculation thing, but not once did I mention that it was important. I.e. I never reinforced the idea that it was the most important, just that you do speculate on the journey. SHIT. And now looking back, I don't even agree with the statement. :(:(:(:(

Goodbye UNSW. :(
Calm down!

the question was not "speculation is the most important part of the IJ"

it was "more than anything else, the imaginative journeys are about the process of speculation" Hence, if you talked of speculation involved in the journey then you can still do very well for yourself :)

I'm interested to know, did anyone else actually focus on the process of speculation above the idea of it being "most important"?

I basically discussed that the journey was a process of speculation that offers inspiration and revelation through reflection to agree with the quote, rather than looking at the "most important" idea because I don't think that there was necessarily only one way to take the question.

xx__savannah

HSC
I basically said that the challenges that the protagonists are presented with in their texts, and how they overcome them is the most important aspect, more than the 'outcome' of their self-reflection and the end of the text, as shown by the lack of distinct resolution in 'My Place' and 'Journey to the Interior'. My related text just described some other forms of challenges the composer saw as important.

I'm surprised there aren't that many doing inner journeys -- I guess we're just doing it because our eng teacher loves it.

JhK89

HSC
that was an awesome question so easy to adapt!

karoooh

HSC
frankyd said:
Calm down!

the question was not "speculation is the most important part of the IJ"

it was "more than anything else, the imaginative journeys are about the process of speculation" Hence, if you talked of speculation involved in the journey then you can still do very well for yourself :)

I'm interested to know, did anyone else actually focus on the process of speculation above the idea of it being "most important"?

I basically discussed that the journey was a process of speculation that offers inspiration and revelation through reflection to agree with the quote, rather than looking at the "most important" idea because I don't think that there was necessarily only one way to take the question.
Oh, phew! How embarassment. :eek:

I argued similarly to yours, except the way you've put it, seems to be much more 'tighter' than mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)