Section 3 (1 Viewer)

G

gaoOO

TheQueenOfLeon said:
Rime of the ancient mariner, lime-tree bower, wind in the willows and Prufrock for imaginative journeys. I think I wrote about 1800 words (~14 or 15 pages). My story was better though. I didn't know what to do with Wind in the willows.

Oh well, off to burn my notes now, I guess.
you wrote 1800 words? not in 40 minutes right...

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Shrikar said:
As in talking about the unforeseen? Phew, well, at least that makes 2 of us. Now if there are a few more people, I might start feeling confident about my answer <.<;

jexca

HSC
I did inner journeys, and I did my essay first because i always run out of time, and i got to about the middle of my own text after 50 mins, and thought 'screw it, this is worth the same amount of marks as the other three sections', and i thought i'd already got at least 9 or 10, so i did my short answers (which were a piece of shit and i think they should go die in a hole), then my creative. While i was scribbling the last few words of creative, i looked up and realised i had about 5 minutes left, so i left my own text where it was, and did a conclusion. It was rushed, but at least i got one done. I've struggled with english all through year 12, and for some reason, everything i'd studied, plus other ideas about "unexpected occurences" kept popping into my head, i wrote 12 and a half pages of medium sized handwriting. Just hope they can read it!!

RHINO7

HSC
What the hell! Didn't they only ask for your prescribed text, a supplementary text and a stimulus booklet text? Why do people have 4-5 supplementary texts?

JaM3S.77

HSC
My teacher told me not to be fooled by the question and write about the main focus of talking concisely about your prescribed text, stimulus material and related text,
how the composers/author creates meaning of journey, the challenges and what techniques, form, register, and features do they use to elicit a response.

I wrote 8 pages but it still wont get me a 14/15, maybe 12 because i didnt structure it as well as i should of.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
jexca said:
I did inner journeys, and I did my essay first because i always run out of time, and i got to about the middle of my own text after 50 mins, and thought 'screw it, this is worth the same amount of marks as the other three sections', and i thought i'd already got at least 9 or 10, so i did my short answers (which were a piece of shit and i think they should go die in a hole), then my creative. While i was scribbling the last few words of creative, i looked up and realised i had about 5 minutes left, so i left my own text where it was, and did a conclusion. It was rushed, but at least i got one done. I've struggled with english all through year 12, and for some reason, everything i'd studied, plus other ideas about "unexpected occurences" kept popping into my head, i wrote 12 and a half pages of medium sized handwriting. Just hope they can read it!!
Lol, you sound awfully like one of my friends o_O

That's how I did the exam, basically. Order was 3, 2, 1. Wrote my essay minus BOS stimulus and conclusion. Switched to creative writing and finished it til the end. Randomly bullshit'ed on for all parts of Q1 minus the final part. Wrapped up essay then tried to finish last part of Q1, but only got halfway thru.

The thing I hate most about exams is my writing -.-; Cos I rush, my writing fluctuates in size from the usual, one line tall writing to the ugly, huge writing. Lol, the examiners are gonna have a fun time reading it >.>;

eppingMCE

HSC
unluckyinlove07 said:
how many pages you guys write?

i only got 2 for this one (the rest i got 4 and a half) but mine was in point form atleast so it included a fair bit so hopefully that counts for something

i had heaps of time left over just couldnt write any more

cant deal with the stress lol

hope everyone else went well too

all the best
Point form?? did u write an essay in point form? what did you get in the trails?? didnt know u can do that

eppingMCE

HSC
8 pages for me, ran outta time when asking for new booklet..... FUCK!

what-for?

HSC
wrote 9 pages and threw in a quote from a named Alex Noble for good measure.
it's a good thing i pre-learnt my essay.

eppingMCE

HSC
RHINO7 said:
What the hell! Didn't they only ask for your prescribed text, a supplementary text and a stimulus booklet text? Why do people have 4-5 supplementary texts?
It actually says ATLEAST ONE

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
darkwolfzx said:
i thought the the phys journeys one had an ugly twist. Sure i've seen it in the previous papers (remember the creative writing that had the detour sign as one of the stimulus?) but I never expected they dig it out for this one.

Maybe they're running out of good questions to ask...
OMFG, you mean the Zzyxy Road or whatever stimulus? O.O

FUCK, no wonder the essay question was fucked up. I couldn't answer that for practise, despite it being a different section >.O;

Mooju

HSC
that question was pretty tricky ill admit that. was so confused initially, but then in the end I actually disagreed with the statement =/ it really didnt show unexpected detours, and because unexpected detours also means that you often learn about yourself and grow in insights and knowledge, my thesis was on the fact that they really weren't unexpected detours but opportunities for new development and understanding and just explained how that was shown through my texts. eh, I wrote about.. 7 pages? yeah 7 pages

janine24

HSC
i did about 6-7 pages, just over 1000 words. Did anyone do imaginary journeys and get confused with the whole destination thing? only 1 of my 3 text had a 'destination' i just had to write how obstacles made the outcome of the journey unpredictable.

ThreeOne

HSC
I wrote about 10 pages, 1100 words. Everyone else probably provided support for the question, I did the opposite. My thesis was that my texts to no extent, supports the idea that physical journeys involve unexpected detours. It fitted my prepared essay better and that essay has never failed me before. I should be fine.

ssglain

HSC
I did Imaginative Jouneys and wrote 10 pages on This Lime-tree Bower My Prison, Frost At Midnight, the cover of Victor Kelleher's The Ivory Trail and Peter Ackroyd's The Plato Papers.

fanfan

HSC
i thought the physical journeys question was great! it had good relevance to the texts i studied, which were rabbit proof fence, road not taken and euro trip! overall the first english paper was pretty good!

not looking forward to paper two though.

ScottyTee

HSC
I wrote 10 pages... quite happy with it.

Texts; The Tempest, The Town Where Time Stands Still, The Lake Isle of Innisfree.

Last edited:

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
im curious though.. there are people in fact who write around 22-26 pages for the essay ..
does anyone know anyone who has done this or have done it themselves ?
have they had the time to finish the other 2 sections?

SGJA

HSC
I think i fucked myself over to be honest. Or my teacher did.

I think I wrote a damn good essay except I did Kubla Khan and The Tempest. My teacher never said a word about it and let me!

Now Im gonna get marked down because I didi two prescribed texts and used Kubla Khan for my related text.

So I pretty much fucked yes?

Thoughts appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)