Section I: Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

tau281290

HSC
YES! If that's true, im getting 14/15.. I am over the moon! lol

simonkey

HSC
Whats the answer to question 8?? Is it really d?? But i put b =[
According to the Arrhenius theory of acids and bases, an acid is a substance that

(a) tastes sour
(b) is capable of donating a hydrogen ion
(c) can accept a pair of electrons to form a co-ordinate covalent nob.
(d) increases the concentration of ions in an aqueous solution

independantz

HSC
simonkey said:
Whats the answer to question 8?? Is it really d?? But i put b =[
According to the Arrhenius theory of acids and bases, an acid is a substance that

(a) tastes sour
(b) is capable of donating a hydrogen ion
(c) can accept a pair of electrons to form a co-ordinate covalent nob.
(d) increases the concentration of ions in an aqueous solution
B- is bronsted and Lowry's theory. answers D.

danz90

HSC
12 was A.

With the one about determining w/w% of the sulfate.. i got 36.6% so answer was B.

Caculating the pH was B, 2.70

tau281290

HSC
Question 14 is the only one im unsure of...

I put pH 7.0 but that's pretty wrong.

simonkey

HSC
Question 8 again.... ermm.
i still reckon (b) is the answer cos (d) is a bit wrong.
If you have really concentrated acid and u add dilute acid, u can decrease the concentration of hydrogen ions. Because concentration is moles/volume.

-I was put off by "donating a hydrogen ion" cos u always use donating when talking about Bronsted and Lowry, but its right, isnt it??

(I HATE DUMB PEOPLE)

wLym

HSC
12 just takes a bit of nutting out. The whole paper was like "nut this" and "nut that!"

12: Couldnt be C or D because the mine couldnt have the high BOD or E coli and the Forest wouldnt be acidic

That leave A and B:
The town has high BOD and E coli because the Town sewerage treatment discharge therefore it couldnt be B
Answer is A

Im not sure this was what i was thinking in the exam so correct me if im wrong

OSMANAYD

HSC
the mc questions were more tricky than the previous years' mc questions as they had not similar answers but different logic behind the questions' main idea. For example the 4th mc question was asking for the most abundant substance in the atmosphere on the ground level. I thought ground level ment the surface layer of the earth which is 2/3 water. However the answer was nitrogen (78%) gas.

tau281290

HSC
Qeustion 8 is talking about Arrhenius theory of acids and bases =.= therefore its D

wLym

HSC
simonkey said:
Question 8 again.... ermm.
i still reckon (b) is the answer cos (d) is a bit wrong.
If you have really concentrated acid and u add dilute acid, u can decrease the concentration of hydrogen ions. Because concentration is moles/volume.

-I was put off by "donating a hydrogen ion" cos u always use donating when talking about Bronsted and Lowry, but its right, isnt it??

(I HATE DUMB PEOPLE)
Nah its D. Arrhenius theory is that an acid ionises into H+ ions in solution, so it would increase the concentration of hydrogen ions. It cant be B because thats Bronsted Lowry theory - An acid donates a proton. And a proton is a hydrogen ion.

dont hate dumb people because in some way, ur dumb, were all dumb, we aint one to judge.

tau281290

HSC
There was a similar question on Q8 before, i guess lots of ppl fail it so they asked us again this time.

wLym

HSC
tau281290 said:
There was a similar question on Q8 before, i guess lots of ppl fail it so they asked us again this time.
from the papers ive done, they like always ask the arrhenius, dacy, laviosier, BL thing. But i havent done that many papers so lol

HSC
Whats up with Q14, i word it out and i got a PH of 4..
1.6x10^-3-1.5x10^-3 = 0.1x10^-3 = PH 4
Is every one sure Q10 is b), i put a) because i worked it out and gor like 6.45g

12 is A for sure.

hoochiscrazy

HSC
whoaaaaa 15/15 (according to the answers posted on here) pretty happy with that since yesterday did a whole bunch on board of studies website and got 82%!! lol

1-A
2-B
3-A
4-C
5-C
6-D
7-D
8-D
9-D
10-B
11-A
12-A
13-C
14-B
15-B

berna007

HSC
GUYS 7 IS NOT D!!!!!
if u add reactant, it will shift to the product side..and therefore shift left..however, if u increase temp, it will go to the reactant side and shift RIGHT
THEREFORE ANSWER TO 7 IS C NOT D!!!!!
lmaoo

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
independantz said:
Dam 13/15 . 2 stupid mistakes >.> i actually had a for 12 and changed it in the last second and the concentration is just....
likewise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)