Section I - Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Droidster

HSC
Lou is suspected by the police of having stolen a car.
Which of the following is a legal power that police have when they approach Lou?
a. arrest him
b. fingerprint him
c. require him to answer questions
d. require him to go to the police station
I thought it was arrest, as I assumed "suspected by the police" meant reasonable grounds. But this one I wasn't entirely sure.

crazybea

HSC
N/A
if they suspect on reasonable grounds that they have a right to search or arrest someone in the car (Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002, s.36A).

Urgh

HSC
thats not my argument... my argument is the wording of the question "Which of the following is a legal power that police have"... they can do any fuckin thing, it should be asking for what theyre most likely to do

acemusic415

HSC
if they suspect on reasonable grounds that they have a right to search or arrest someone in the car (Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002, s.36A).
Agreed. Is it me or did the Board make very intricate multiple choice questions that required heaps and heaps of thought. It was way harder than the trial MC.

crazybea

HSC
N/A
Agreed. Is it me or did the Board make very intricate multiple choice questions that required heaps and heaps of thought. It was way harder than the trial MC.
defo harder but i made better decisions

looking at 19/20 (as opposed to the 17/20 in the trials)

crazybea

HSC
N/A
thats not my argument... my argument is the wording of the question "Which of the following is a legal power that police have"... they can do any fuckin thing, it should be asking for what theyre most likely to do
yes i agree with u

the question shud be scrapped

they also failed to establish whether it was a "reasonable" suspicion

danielle93

HSC
Could've been asked already but what did everyone put for 7?
Which of the following best describes what Dale commited:
a) attempted robbery & robbery
b) conspiracy to rob & robbery
c) conspiracy to rob
d) robbery

I put D affer much debate between that and B. My reasoning was that by commiting the actual crime it wouldnt make sense to charge them with conspiracy. Isnt that just for when you have more than one person cought 'plotting' but never went through with it? So confused...

Droidster

HSC
Could've been asked already but what did everyone put for 7?
Which of the following best describes what Dale commited:
a) attempted robbery & robbery
b) conspiracy to rob & robbery
c) conspiracy to rob
d) robbery

I put D affer much debate between that and B. My reasoning was that by commiting the actual crime it wouldnt make sense to charge them with conspiracy. Isnt that just for when you have more than one person cought 'plotting' but never went through with it? So confused...
Don't worry, that question fucked me over as well. I ended up going with B, but you may be right as it wouldn't make much sense to charge someone for conspiracy and acting the crime as well, but I'm not really sure. Want to rage right now... but too tired lol.

Exotic

HSC
Ok, i will kindly ask someone who has the paper to upload or write all the questions and the correct answers (or as many correct answers that they think they have). If you havent realised, many of us dont get to bring the papers home so all im left with is reading the whole thread and im still clueless as i dont know which question youre talking about. Can someone do this please? I asked the supervisors to give me the paper but they refused, even when i said "but other schools get them" even that didnt work. Theyre stubborn :)

acemusic415

HSC
Apparently, for Economics paper 2010, the Board accepted two answers. I hope they accept both answers.

xAlan

HSC
Ok, i will kindly ask someone who has the paper to upload or write all the questions and the correct answers (or as many correct answers that they think they have). If you havent realised, many of us dont get to bring the papers home so all im left with is reading the whole thread and im still clueless as i dont know which question youre talking about. Can someone do this please? I asked the supervisors to give me the paper but they refused, even when i said "but other schools get them" even that didnt work. Theyre stubborn :)
Er.. you're allowed to take your exam booklets home? Why do they stop you?

Simone23

HSC
It isn't arrest as the police need to have a warrant for that

Urgh

HSC
It isn't arrest as the police need to have a warrant for that
there are other methods
the police have power to arrest a person if:
they believe that a person has committed or is about to commit a crime
they witness a person committing a crime
they have an arrest warrant for that person

Exotic

HSC
Wow, 14/20. Im disgusted, thought i did better. The first 6 i got all correct and then it all went down. Holy fucking shit.

Urgh

HSC
Basically 99% Sure These Are Right Now:
1. D
2. B
3. A
4. C
5. A
6. B
7. D
8. C
9. A
10. C (Although I did B - not 100% sure depends on the wording of the question)
11. C
12. A
13. D (DON'T KNOW WHY I DID A!!!!)
14. B
15. C
16. D
17. A
18. C
19. A
20. B

I think i got 18 if I'm seriously lucky maybe more.
same, i still reckon they should get rid of 19 cause then thats a 18/19 for me :)

crazybea

HSC
N/A
Basically 99% Sure These Are Right Now:
1. D
2. B
3. A
4. C
5. A
6. B
7. D
8. C
9. A
10. C (Although I did B - not 100% sure depends on the wording of the question)
11. C
12. A
13. D (DON'T KNOW WHY I DID A!!!!)
14. B
15. C
16. D
17. A
18. C
19. A
20. B

I think i got 18 if I'm seriously lucky maybe more.
i dont think 10 is right
im pretty sure they have to be charged 1st

everything else is correct

looking at 18-19/20

crazybea

HSC
N/A
"The process of a criminal trial starts when an individual is arrested, or charges are filed for a warrant."

so its going to be two answers by the looks of things

b and d

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)