Section I: Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

gsccrepping

HSC
N/A
What everyone get for the projectile multiple choice (last question about the degrees)

GoldBoa

HSC
I think I put 40 degrees. Not sure how I got to it. Probably got it wrong.

spatula232

HSC
Yeh same. Found velocity in the x and y component and tan the crap out of it

Thjv

HSC
The answer is 40. Find expressions for sinx and cosx, and divide to find tanx. The angle turned out to be 40

apurba

HSC
"Why were semiconductors used to create a magnetic field?"

It was a short answer question worth 2 marks?

What did everyone put?
it was superconductors not semi conductors

I said that because superconductors exhibit 0 electrical resistance, they can be used to produce extremely strong and intense magnetic fields needed to accelerate the protons to such high velocities.

Last edited:

tonysoprano

HSC
it was superconductors not semi conductors

I saw that because superconductors exhibit 0 electrical resistance, they can be used to produce extremely strong and intense magnetic fields needed to accelerate the protons to such high velocities.
Yah my bad, meant superconductors. And also, deleted the post coz i accidentally asked it in the multiple choice thread

tonysoprano

HSC
what did you write?
Yeah the same thing. Talked about how it had zero resistance which would allow the protons to move through unimpeded or some shit lol. Idk i was quite lost so I probably blabbered about non-relevant/incorrect shit lmao

knightus10

HSC
did you guys get the 1st question? Was it to counteract the motor effect?

knightus10

HSC
ye good job bruh. how did you find the rest of the test if you were unsure with that one?
It was alright. It was just that question hahahha. I know for sure I got more than 75%. Really hoping for mid 80%. Some of the multiple choice was definitely iffy. I thought it was harder than previous tests though

anniebghs

HSC
what did you guys write for applications of special relativity for protons in LHC?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
what did you guys write for applications of special relativity for protons in LHC?
Equivelence of mass and energy E = mc^2 --> Since mass dilates there will be an increasing amount of energy requires to accelerate the proton - This necessitates the strong magnetic field produced by superconductors

I also just talked about the general implications of special relativity whilst making reference to what would be observed in the protons frame of reference and the frame of reference relative to this frame

apurba

HSC
for the satellite in orbit question with the forces acting on it. was it the one with only gravity?

Mr_Kap

HSC
Did you realise that all the multiple choice questions were in a pattern??

If realised, you could calculate which answer they were ...by using Special Relativity solving simultaneously with the Orbital Velocity, to find how many places the answer is compared to the one before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)